Oswald the Rabbit

General Pirates of the Caribbean Theme Discussion Thread

There are only three elements which I like:

-the ship in the bottle :pir-wub: (Do you think that it'll be a sticker or printed?)

-the holder for a sable :thumbup:

-the globe

Agreed about those. :pir-wub:

And I think they will be definitely printed, Lego does always use prints on such small pieces.

I just wanted to get a closer look on Davy Jones's heart, so here it is:

hearti.png

It's not a very useful part for building purposes, but a heart could be useful in many kitchen scenes.

Anyway. not very special, but quite an essential part of the movie.

I just wanted to get a closer look on Davy Jones's heart, so here it is:

hearti.png

It's not a very useful part for building purposes, but a heart could be useful in many kitchen scenes.

Anyway. not very special, but quite an essential part of the movie.

That heart is very disappointing. I thought it was a new mould, but it looks quite silly.

That heart is very disappointing. I thought it was a new mould, but it looks quite silly.

I agree it's a bit funny but I could think of a few ways to use it- namely as a blood-filled jar with a heart in it on some indiscriminate shelf in a witch's hut etc. :pir-blush:

They should have used a red apple, but maybe it would have been too realistic for a toy.

They should have used a red apple, but maybe it would have been too realistic for a toy.

Or just confusing, since a green apple comes in the Isla de Muerta set...

TC

Neat idea :thumbup: Or even better, a dark red one with printing (and without the leaf of course) :pir-wub: Anyway, I'm happy with the one we'll get, I mean it's better than having an empty chest, isn't it :pir-tongue:

Are there any pictures of the Queen Anne´s Revenge from an other angle?

However I really like the very unusual stern castle. It seems, that my pirates will get flsh-skinned reinforcements. The PotC sets look really nice and those sabre-holders are really accessories.

Blackbeard is a nice minifig. I love the burning fuses in his hair. Well, except his sabre. It just looks a bit heavy and large for a minifig.

Edited by josykay

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but The Black Pearl has a higher MSRP than Queen Anne's Revenge - suggesting that it will indeed be a bigger ship. I just noticed this randomly at an online shop and wanted to share with the eager POC'ers...

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but The Black Pearl has a higher MSRP than Queen Anne's Revenge - suggesting that it will indeed be a bigger ship. I just noticed this randomly at an online shop and wanted to share with the eager POC'ers...

We have other sources saying that the price will actually be lower.

Like I said before that does not neccesarily mean it's going to be smaller. (But it might be. :pir-cry_sad: )

Edited by lt.Gonville brickhead

Those sources were from the earliest catalog scan from early Juanuary/Late December where most of the sets were not even pictured and those sets that were pictured were the earliest prototype pictures that didn't have the finalized figs, so they are not in any way reliable.

I really have a hunch that the Black Pearl is going to be the bigger of the two ships. It just doesn't make sense from a business point of view to not release an exclusive edition Black Pearl. Obviously kids and their parents were willing to spend big bucks on the 2010 Imperial Flagship so, I see no reason why Lego would release a cheapy version of the most iconic ship of one of the most iconic pirate frachises ever. That just doesn't make any sense. And since any of those older sources cannot be trusted as being totally reliable I have to think that the Black Pearl is going to be the larger of the two ships.

Remember around the time we got the first pictures it was looking like the Queen Anne's Revenge was going to be the same size as the Brickbeards Bounty because some were speculating that the price was the same as the BBB and thereby the two ships were going to be the same. Boy were they wrong. That ship is awsome and I think that the Black Pearl is going to be more impressive too. :pir-classic:

Edited by Jack Bricker

Well, like I said: the shop I found lists it as being more expensive. I don't see any logic in them choosing to go against all logic and arbitrarily go against the LEGO MSRP tiers, but you are of course free to believe otherwise. :pir-sweet:

Here are the prices they list:

The Captain's Cabin - € 11,99

Isla De la Muerta - € 19,99

Fountain of Youth - € 19,99

The Cannibal Escape - € 29,99

The Mill - € 39,99

The London Escape - € 49,99

Whitecap Bay - € 79,99

Queen Anne's Revenge - € 119,99

The Black Pearl - € 129,99

Now while the difference in price is not much between the two ships, it's still there. So TBP shouldn't be less impressive than QAR, at least.

Pay attention to the zookeeper with a monkey from fifth series of collectable minifigures. Probably this new piece will be used for Jack the Monkey in the Black Pearl set.

I just saw that one, and I'm not happy. I wanted a classic monkey that I could pose and have him climbing the rigging and, you know, being a monkey, not a little plastic blob that just sits there. Changing the monkey is like changing the LEGO Horse! If you're going to change it, at least change it for something better.

This is slightly off topic, but I noticed the Barnes & Noble has had the POTC sets on pre-order for a while. They often have 20-30% coupons that are for members only. I wanted to see if anyone has been able to use the B&N coupons on Lego sets before I plunck down $25 for their membership fee or better yet, if anyone pre-ordered POTC sets from B&N and was able to get an additional discount from a coupon? Thanks

Hi everyone, I don't know if this will be helpful. I have found a website that features close up pictures of the new upcoming Pirates of the Caribbean LEGO sets.

Here is the link, hope it's useful! Enjoy :pir-sweet:

http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-news/movies/ian-mcshane-joins-disney-reveal-lego-captain-jack-sparrow-lifesize-statue/

Very nice, London Escape just keeps impressing me. :pir-sweet:

I didn't think children were really bought the IFS, I figured the highest margins were AFOLs, thus suggesting that the First Black Pearl will be small and the next will be a UCS version.

:jollyroger:

I think that the Black Pearl should be the flagship set (no pun intended) of this line; it's like the Millennium Falcon. If they're releasing it, it should be the biggest set.

The only thing I don't like about these sets is the exclusion of Davy Jones (though I don't want him shoehorned into a set in which he doesn't fit either, like they sometimes do with Star Wars)

I didn't think children were really bought the IFS, I figured the highest margins were AFOLs, thus suggesting that the First Black Pearl will be small and the next will be a UCS version.

:jollyroger:

Well... you never can tell what TLG has up their sleeves, but if they release a "standard" Black Pearl first, I will buy it. If they release a UCS quality Black Pearl first, I will buy it. But I will not buy both, and I will not take the chance of waiting for a UCS version and missing out completely.

To be honest, I only expect one version of the Black Pearl. We've seen 'affordable scale' and 'UCS scale' versions of the Millenium Falcon, but that makes sense because the 'affordable scale' MF is so out of proportion with all the x-wings and tie-fighters. Also, there are a lot of Star Wars fanatics out there willing to buy some very expensive sets.

An 'affordable scale' Black Pearl is already going to be in scale with the other boats in the series. What would be the point in making a bigger one? Also, POTC fans aren't that fanatical about the franchise.

If anything, I'd like them to make a Diagon Alley-type set based on Port Royal or Tortuga.