KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2011 Pictures & Rumors

Thanks for the link; hadn't seen that one yet.

So far the Advent Calendar is also looking to be a pass for me.

Same here, I've never been a fan of advent calendars, and unless there is something really very tempting (which I highly doubt) on this one, it'll be a good cost-saving pass for me too.

Sorry to sound like a mini-MOD, but everyone's posts are getting kind of hard to read... I'm sure we're all excited about the new minifigures but let's try and capitalize names and be mindful of typos and such*.

*In particular, Vassals with under 20-30 posts...

Yeah, thanks for pointing that out. And we should also remember to keep this thread as a 'discussion' topic (with actual substance on the posts), not a chat room which it has been like in the past couple of months. Just a friendly reminder to everybody.

How come there have been pics of the new Alien Conquest and Kingdoms sets, but nothing of Star Wars? :cry_sad:

How come there have been pics of the new Alien Conquest and Kingdoms sets, but nothing of Star Wars? default_cry4.gif

What do you mean? We've seen plenty of SW. And if you wait a few days, we'll see a lot more default_blink.gif

How come there have been pics of the new Alien Conquest and Kingdoms sets, but nothing of Star Wars? :cry_sad:

Probably because Star Wars is a licensed theme. My theory is that Alien Conquest and Kingdoms are TLG's own theme, and can be revealed whenever TLG wants. SW is licensed by Lucasfilm, so they aren't supposed to be publicly unveiled until Lucas Licensing gives the okay. Other licensed themes, like PotC, were revealed early because Disney decided to throw those pics out there.

Those micros look great. That RGS is very intuitive. Can't wait to see the rest.

The advent calendar looks kind of... meh. The RGS is okay, the sides and wings are bland but great for that scale. The Slave I looks great from the mid-point up, but the noes bit is weird. Also, I find it odd that we are going to get both a brickmaster (or whatever the new thing is) version and a mini version (in the calendar) of the Slave I. The minifigures look decent (though I already have them save for the anonymous rebel). Hope for more pictures soon.

The RGS is okay, the sides and wings are bland but great for that scale.

There's the catch. I'm generally not a fan of LEGO's mini and micro sets because I think they compromise too much, making the vehicles only barely recognizable.

I agree with fallenangel, I'd rather have the advent calender have 24 windows and each window contains parts to build something midi-scale at the very end.

IMO Gunray seems like an afterthought and was just thrown in :sceptic:

It's from the OT - he looks exactly like Zev Senesca except for the white helmet. Here is a link to the picture from imperiumdersteine.de: http://imperiumdersteine.de/album.php?albumid=3147&pictureid=59057

Thank you very much for this information and the link, Emperor! :classic:

At least one new (?) OT guy!

I really hope that he'll get a in Lego not before seen printing on the helmet.

But Chewie is much too ordinary. We have him in the DS, in The Battle of Endor and finally even in this year's MF. But we don't need mulitples of him. So why didn't TLG better include in the advent calendar a character of which you can need mulitples - e. g. a Stormtrooper or an Imperial Trooper?!

I'm really hoping that there'll be at least one more and new character in the advent calendar. Otherwise I won't buy it. (I don't need all these mini models and the CW/PT minifigs.)

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

I don't think anyone has mentioned the small TIE fighter. That's probably in the calendar.

The figures are indeed random. The Clone pilot is rather welcome however, and the others are okay. :classic:

I don't think anyone has mentioned the small TIE fighter.

There is also a micro tie fighter, between the Slave 1 and the gunship.

:wink:

I think the helmet could be white because it is going to have new printing, just like the white Aayla or the green Geonosian. There are quite a few different helmets to be seen in the OT, so maybe this pilot is a character which hasen't been released sofar?

By the way, all credit for the pic of the calendar goes to Navy Trooper Fenson, he was the one who found it.

I just checked out that advent photo.....leftovers is what came to my mind....if it's cheap enough I'll buy it, so my son can have somemore SW figures to customize etc.,.

The micros are cute, but not really my cup of tea to make.

May the brick be with us all ! :grin:

I really hope that these won't be all minifigs included in the advent calendar - otherwise it would be a huge disappointment for OT fans.

What do you mean OT fans? Seems to be a decent mix of CW and OT but there's not really anything interesting on either side. Nute Gunray is hardly a popular character and I'm sure everyone has a Chewbacca, Clone and Rebel pilot.. the rest just seem to be droids. I was expecting them to go with the obvious choices, like Anakin, Han, etc, but that would at least have had some appeal. Unless you like the micro sets (which admittedly are kind of cool) I don't think anyone's going to be particularly happy with the calendar. Which is a shame, because I thought it had huge potential.

What do you mean OT fans?

Because we had hoped it would make up for the lack of OT sets with a good selection of OT minifigs.

But I agree, if we've already seen the best ofthe calendar, this'll be a huge disappointment for all Star Wars fans.

I don't think anyone's going to be particularly happy with the calendar. Which is a shame, because I thought it had huge potential.

Well, unless the three mini/micro sets we already know are spread among all 15 "doors" (9 are for the figs :wink: ) there are a lot of things yet to come; I don't think they would make 15 mini sets, so maybe there will be things like a small walker or some sort of speeder, which could be useful...

Bigger mini modells needing several "doors" would be nice as well.

Edited by Emperor

Because we had hoped it would make up for the lack of OT sets with a good selection of OT minifigs.

But I agree, if we've already seen the best ofthe calendar, this'll be a huge disappointment for all Star Wars fans.

Considering that the advent calendar is really for kids I don't see anything wrong with its contents.The criticisms in this point are made based on the viewpoint of collectors I think. However what I think is wrong is the actual price of the calendar (which is way too high considering its contents). Personally as a parent I wouldn't buy the calendar for my kids coz of the price and as a collector I wouldn't buy it either coz of its contents.

meeh,

those new figures don't look that good when seing them in close up.

I understand that lego is trying something new, the compitition is hard, but at least it should be an improvement.

Luke his new hair doesn't like his haircut at al. My gues is that it's a new hairpiece they made for an other minifig and just tried it on Luke and thought is was good enough.

The new way of putting headextentions on figures, isn't thurning out that great either. The colors aren't matching (I was very diapointed when I god a Shaak Ti today) and the contrast between a regular minifig head and e overly detailed extention is maybe a litle to mush. I don't unserstand why they didn't make a whole head at once, seems easyer and cheaper.

It seems that they are working on every part with mush detail and comitment, but fail to see what it gives when all the parts are put togeather.

BTW, Wats wrong with Darth Maul's eyes :laugh:

Show us how we have to do it... we can only learn from you.

Is it just me, or are the green lightsabers included in the summer sets a new shade of green? :sweet:

Yes, I have noticed that too and posted it 2 pages before you but no one replyes.

I really don't understand why no one replyes to me.

"That's because I am blue, isn't it!" :tongue: (reffering to the rank)

I'm just joking. Yes, it looks new and I hope it will be.

Edited by Stardusty

Considering that the advent calendar is really for kids I don't see anything wrong with its contents.The criticisms in this point are made based on the viewpoint of collectors I think. However what I think is wrong is the actual price of the calendar (which is way too high considering its contents). Personally as a parent I wouldn't buy the calendar for my kids coz of the price and as a collector I wouldn't buy it either coz of its contents.

I think the best calendar would have been one that focuses on one of the movies or just CW. The random array of generic minfigs is horrible and the ships will likely be the same.

Yes, I have noticed that too and posted it 2 pages before you but no one replyes.

I think when new pictures get released it is awfully hard to keep trak. I posted that waaaay back when the pictures first came out but at that point, the forum was growing at a very fast rate!

I think now that it's slowing down, we've all seen that there are new shades and we all agree on it.

You guys were chatting so quickly that no one could keep up. And commenting about who noticed what first doesn't help.

No offense, but who gives a $@&* who noticed what first? Unless you're providing a picture of something new, noticing things is not worthy of any special recognition. No one is going to search through old posts to see who said what first, because it doesn't matter.

Where were the pics of the naboo fighter found? If that set's pics were at this website wouldn't hoth rebel base's pics be there too?

Where were the pics of the naboo fighter found? If that set's pics were at this website wouldn't hoth rebel base's pics be there too?

Uh, there aren't any. We only have pics of the minifigs from the Nuremberg Toy Fair.