Alasdair Ryan

ideas on 3 axle functions going though turntable?

Ok it works and it goes through through the turntable.

But this turntable can not turn anymore since the function are not coaxial. think.gif

Thanks for all the positive comments :classic:

Ok it works and it goes through through the turntable.

But this turntable can not turn anymore since the function are not coaxial. think.gif

??? it don't have to be..

Because of this, I don't think it is possible to do more than 3 without using more than 1 turntable.

yes it is:

2z6f4w1.jpg

orange areas are not needed any more

use rubberband on red

OR use piece57519 instead (takes lot more space)

as you can see it's possible to get up to 7 function through (but everything else than 3 takes TONS of space :thumbdown: )by using the last nO two times on each side of the turntable.

I really hope there is some better way of doing this, maby similar to that turn-table-tower-way :classic:

Edited by blueShinyApple

could you please make a vid? on the pictures the concept is me to high. Or could it not rotate?

Edited by efferman

You can also make your own turnable that is (a little) bigger, so there is enough space for 3 axles.

yes it is:

orange areas are not needed any more

use rubberband on red

OR use piece57519 instead (takes lot more space)

as you can see it's possible to get up to 7 function through (but everything else than 3 takes TONS of space :thumbdown: )by using the last nO two times on each side of the turntable.

I really hope there is some better way of doing this, maby similar to that turn-table-tower-way :classic:

It appears I was wrong :classic: . Now I see that 7 functions are possible.

I think there is a mistake though. The 36t gear should be duplicated on each side.

@ BlueShinyApple: At the end of your demonstration video above, you said that you could "make some instructions" on how to build it. Pretty please, would it be too much trouble to make them? :grin:

Also, can you think of a practical application for this 3-axles-through-turntable design? What kind of vehicle would it be for?

Also, can you think of a practical application for this 3-axles-through-turntable design? What kind of vehicle would it be for?

What about for a mobile crane? One for the raising of the boom, another for extending it, and the last one for the winch?

Edited by Azzepa

??? it don't have to be..

Then, why 3 (or more) functions in a turntable ?

What about for a mobile crane? One for the raising of the boom, another for extending it, and the last one for the winch?

That was the EXACT way I thought of using it!! *huh*:grin:

Edited by blueShinyApple

That was the EXACT way I thouught of using it!! *huh*:grin:

:grin: I was thinking that maybe I could mod the 8053 (When I get one :tongue:) to use this method for full RC.

:grin: I was thinking that maybe I could mod the 8053 (When I get one :tongue:) to use this method for full RC.

hmm, I was rather thinking to make a GIGANTIC 8270(mini terrain crane), like 5 times as big! that would just be mighty! :sweet:

edit: I really dont think it would fit in the 8053, but it's absolutely worth a try :classic:

Edited by blueShinyApple

hmm, I was rather thinking to make a GIGANTIC 8270(mini terrain crane), like 5 times as big! that would just be mighty! :sweet:

edit: I really dont think it would fit in the 8053, but it's absolutely worth a try :classic:

Wow, that would be mighty, have fun making that! :classic:

Well, when I get one I'll take a look at it, might need some modifications though, lots of fun :grin:.

I'm doing an animation of BlueShinyApple's construction. Here is 1 frame:

7-functions-5.png

And here is the ldraw file if anyone wants it:

ldraw file

Next I will try to animate the 4-axle version.

Here's my idea:

3fttt.jpg

Technically the rope is a third function :tongue: Should be good for cranes. The 3,2 mm tube can carry some torque, it depends on the gears used.