KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2011 Pictures & Rumors

EDIT: Prateek beet me too it.

actually I beat all of you to it :tongue:

Uh these look like a sort of hit and miss, some look really good, and others are really bad, here are my opinions

Black Ewok- not exactly the best choice for a green shawl, but he looks okay otherwise

Lorgray- Looks really good, can't wait to add him to my Ewok troop

Naboo Pilot- Looks pretty good, the colour really stands out but that is how it is in the movie, looks good but I need to see the set it goes with

Anakin- meh, new torso looks nice, nothing else going for it though

Watto- A lot better then the last one, but looks a bit to cartoony in my opinion

Sebulba- same as watto, I think the legs are seperate pieces though!

Wald- Nice rodian, cool torso, nice fig :thumbup:

Obi Wan- stupid grin makes it look unrealistic, same torso as old ben, don't really like the fig

Maul- Looks really good, I don't mind the raised hair piece a lot here, looks good! New torso is nice too!

Padme- :wub: all I have to say

Panaka- Looks more like a tan then a black minifigure, New helmet looks great! and torso is nice too!

Qui-Gon- looks great! New torso and head, no complaints here! Sith infiltrator is gonna be a great set!

Luke- New hair piece is beautiful, and angry face will be great for mocs!

Savage- same as maul, looks better now, armour is nice too!

Genosian- Ugly, simply Ugly :sick:

Ki-Adi- Looks okay, head looks un-natural and not flush with head.

Wolf and Wolf trooper- look great no complaints, hoping for wolf battlepack! Wolf trooper looks like he has a knapsack of sorts.

Eeth Koth- looks pretty ugly, head colour is different from face colour :wacko:

Quinlan Vos- Tan and ugly, but I'm still waiting for a better view.

How come no pictures of hoth?

I saw a picture of the Ewok Attack Box (7956), a Biker Scout with speeder bike, a catapult with Logray and I think the other ewok is Oochee (green clothes and black fur) :sweet:

I will buy this set, it is great!

Well after they put the Halo's engines on backwards, that's a minor error. :wacko:

Those evil people! How could they have missed that? :laugh:

The lightsaber colours are almost definitely new, as we now have finalised (pretty much) minifigures in that video. That's great, though I have no idea what I'm going to do with the current six or so lightsabers with the old neon green...

My only complaint about Darth Maul right now is his eyes. They appear too round and small, and I'd prefer Clone Wars eyes like Savage Opress has.

actually I beat all of you to it :tongue:

Actually I beat everyone to it. At least I'm quite sure I did, it was my second post after the pics were shown which I'm quite sure came before yours.

Oh well, the fact of the matter is that now everybody knows that there is something (I presume a jetpack) there.

Thank you very much for these pics, Navy Trooper Fenson! :classic:

Luke's new hair looks good - but I personally wouldn't have needed it. It would have been much better to invest the money in a new OT character and included it in the MF. :sadnew:

The two new Ewoks look amazing! :wub:

The calendar includes as far as is shown two models of the green Slave One and a LAAT/I in the size of the City calendars fire truck and crane and the figures of Nute Gunray, Chewbacca and three pilots (Rebel, Battle Droid, Clone Trooper TCW Style).

Thank you very much for this information, Navy Trooper Fenson! :classic:

I really hope that these won't be all minifigs included in the advent calendar - otherwise it would be a huge disappointment for OT fans.

Is the Rebel Pilot you mentioned from the PT (Naboo style) or from the OT (Yavin, Hoth or Home One style)?

Klaus-Dieter

Is the Rebel Pilot you mentioned from the PT (Naboo style) or from the OT (Yavin, Hoth or Home One style)?

It's from the OT - he looks exactly like Zev Senesca except for the white helmet. Here is a link to the picture from imperiumdersteine.de: http://imperiumdersteine.de/album.php?albumid=3147&pictureid=59057

There is also a micro tie fighter, between the Slave 1 and the gunship.

The calendar includes as far as is shown two models of the green Slave One and a LAAT/I in the size of the City calendars fire truck and crane and the figures of Nute Gunray, Chewbacca and three pilots (Rebel, Battle Droid, Clone Trooper TCW Style).

Bigger pics are in my photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/navy_trooper_fenson/5416164145/

these are fantastic and the ratio of new figures to old ones are great, lego really seems to be priding itself on minifigure design at the moment, and with good reason if these are anything to go by. The minifigure selections of each set hint to me of a few more playsets which appeal to me a bit more than just vehicles, for example the ewok set, and maul, panaka, qui gon set. I'm really pleased that they'r making some more prequel sets other than clone wars sets as the phantom menace is seriosly underated. not so sure about darth mauls new face though, i'd like to see what the headpeice looks like on the old one, obviously it would be too much to hope that these will be a bit cheaper than the last few years sets,

Edited by I Scream Clone
No need to quote all the pictures

It's from the OT - he looks exactly like Zev Senesca except for the white helmet. Here is a link to the picture from imperiumdersteine.de: http://imperiumdersteine.de/album.php?albumid=3147&pictureid=59057

Looks great! The pilot's helmet looks plain white probably due to being a prelim.

Also on the bottom there seems to be a part of the box.

Does anyone know if these are the final pics, or still preliminary?

I really hope they are prelliminary 'cause Eeth Koth looks awful, and he is one of my favourite jedi :sceptic:

I think they nailed the color, but not the expression. His lips are quivering *huh* I think i'll put the head from the old slave 1 on him, though.

No I think the colour is still a bit too light, I don't know what colour they would use instead but its a little light.

Thanks for the link; hadn't seen that one yet.

So far the Advent Calendar is also looking to be a pass for me.

No I think the colour is still a bit too light, I don't know what colour they would use instead but its a little light.

Errr, maybe they should use reddish brown, what with him being black and all. Just google Hugh Quarshie and look at the images, he's clearly black. In fact I'm finding it hard to believe my eyes when I look at the box art - is it not just the poor photo quality that's making him look the wrong colour? Or maybe TLG have lightened the image on the box to make his face more noticeable.

The advent calendar is a little bit dissapointing at the moment. The micro versions of the slave 1, gunship and Tie Fighter didn't look good and the figure selection is a let down. Maybe the remaining parts are better and justify the high price.

Anyone noticed that in the background of the Bounty Hunter Gunship in this video that Qui-Gon-Jin's hair and lightsabre are on Panaka's body, and vice-versa? And I also think that Panaka is black, not tan.

Also, about the Advent Calendar, didn't Huw over at Brickset say that there was an old character in a new outfit, and will never appear in a film, tv show or book ever in that outfit?

Edited by Gregorovich

Also, about the Advent Calendar, didn't Huw over at Brickset say that there was an old character in a new outfit, and will never appear in a film, tv show or book ever in that outfit?

It's luke in a banana hammock. :laugh:

It looks like its going to be a good year for star wars, but my priorities are going to be on castle and harry potter. but Ive been known to be whimsical and buy starwars, maybe just one small set... I'm thinking millenium falcon.

No, that was the minifigure book.

It looks like its going to be a good year for star wars, but my priorities are going to be on castle and harry potter. but Ive been known to be whimsical and buy starwars, maybe just one small set... I'm thinking millenium falcon.

I don't think the MIllenium Falcon really is small, lol.

No, that was the minifigure book.

No, it was the advent calendar. That's why we were all speculating that we'd get a Santa-fied character.

But we're not supposed to discuss it.

Sorry to sound like a mini-MOD, but everyone's posts are getting kind of hard to read... I'm sure we're all excited about the new minifigures but let's try and capitalize names and be mindful of typos and such*.

How is a Naboo pilot a "Rebel" pilot?

Anyone noticed that in the background of the Bounty Hunter Gunship in this video that Qui-Gon-Jin's hair and lightsabre are on Panaka's body, and vice-versa? And I also think that Panaka is black, not tan.

I'm pretty sure both of those points have already been mentioned.

I don't think the MIllenium Falcon really is small, lol.

It's the Millennium Falcon...

*In particular, Vassals with under 20-30 posts...

I kinda like what I'm seeing on that advent calendar picture. I like the micro models, and the figs aren't too bad either. They certainly are a random bunch (Gunray - Who woulda thought?), but it could have been worse. For instance, I'm glad the clone is the elusive clone pilot rather than the generic trooper and the BD is the new printed BD pilot rather than a regular one since we can easily get the regular grunts in much more affordable sets. I could have done without Chewie and Gunray, but oh well. I'm still hoping the new Han will be in it too.

And I know that KimT told us to stop this discussion, but I'd like to throw one more suggestion for the mystery fig out there: A Santa with a SW costume. It fits Huw's description: It's a character we have seen before, but not in the SW movies/books/shows/games, and with a new outfit. Not sure how that could work, but it's a possibility.