WhiteFang

Eurobricks Collectable LEGO Minifigures Series 3 Building Contest

Im definitely going to enter now that I have a bit of time! :sweet:

Can't wait to see what some people do!

CF

Edited by CommanderFox

This is a very quick remark to all Category C participants. And, I will address this later in proper.

I have not viewed all of the current entries yet (Cutlass Iz was the last) and I don't know what is the latest development as of now on the current entries.

When I meant inapprorpriate, I meant at the same time, do it in good taste instead of blatently lashing out those swearing, etc. It is a thin line and it is not easy to get this adult category approves from the staffers.

I would just like to say also... there is a fine line between funny and over-the-top. If I might say lisqr, you might wish to consider changing the wording around 2 of your entries.

This contest is very very fun and funny and there is soooooo much we can touch on without getting into religion and politics, they are both subjects the Eurobricks does not encourage the discussion of.

I would just like to say also... there is a fine line between funny and over-the-top. If I might say lisqr, you might wish to consider changing the wording around 2 of your entries.

This contest is very very fun and funny and there is soooooo much we can touch on without getting into religion and politics, they are both subjects the Eurobricks does not encourage the discussion of.

My reading of the rule "We want to see the warped, depraved natures of your imaginations put to work to come up with a series of four minifigures that would never see production in this politically correct world we live in. The more intense the better." tells me that the entry should be politically incorrect. Like I stated in an earlier post, the meaning of politically incorrect is different for different country and different political position.

I'm not sure which 2 you consider over-the-top. I think they are all VERY offensive to different crowds. You consider these 2 to be over-the-top exactly because of your position.

If the point of this contest is not to touch on politics and stay in the realm of sex and violence, then I'll change my entry.

I just think that the actual wording (Maybe stick to Suicide Bomber, and leave out the N.... word?) can be changed not the whole entry.

This is just my personal opinion, but I think it is better to be on the safe side of inappropriate and keep the funniness. Don't you? :wink: I think it will be very hard to keep this competition on track without getting someone offended, even if they have been warned it is not for the faint-hearted. :laugh:

I am currently working with very limited resources, so let me answer the pending questions first.

Rule from Category A state "No placeholder minifigure (Series 3) can be used to reflect the actual position in the entry."

Does that mean we can use a MF not from Serie 3 as place holder?

Yes, we can't use any minifigures at all as an intended placeholder for the Series 3 minifigure.

I want to enter into the 16x16 contest and I've already started. I built a base that I'm really happy with but after closer inspection it was 14x14! Is this allowed or do I need to find some more dark tan plates :tongue:

16x16 platform is a building standard. A little less is acceptable but it is still encouraged to work on 16x16 given area. I could not want participants to downgrade it to 8x8.

EDIT: I have Cm-s, but can I use some other minifigures with them in my entry (some city

minifig or something like that)?

As what I Scream Clone has asked, can you specify which category?

Just to clarify, with Category B, is it an interaction between a Series 3 minifigure and one other figure i.e.

or is it an interaction between a Series 3 minifigure and two other figures, one from Series 1 and one from Series 2?

Both minifigures in Series 1 and 2 needs to be present. You cannot have more than one different types or any other combinations. This is to increase the diffculty level.

I've got a question: can we use minifigs from let's say star wars in addition to the series 3?

Yes, you may.

WhiteFang: I think it needs to be made more clear (at the top of the first post) that you can NOT use series 3 minifigs, parts, or accessories in ANY of the 3 categories. Not sure why this is a rule, but I've already seen entries break this rule and a lot of questions in here regarding their use.

My eyes might be playing tricks on me. Kindly point out to me via PM or here to let me know which participating entry uses any "NEW" Series 3 building elements or parts. As for why this is a official rule, as what Darkblane has mentioned, this is to prevent others to have an unfair advantage over others when it is not available in the participants' country.

Sorry to be nit-picky, but the first minifig in this entry is holding a Megablocks sword. Just like to point it out before it gets DQ'd :wink:

I can't view the image but if it is a Megablock Sword used in this image, then it will need to be change or it will lead to disqualification.

I just think that the actual wording (Maybe stick to Suicide Bomber, and leave out the N.... word?) can be changed not the whole entry.

This is just my personal opinion, but I think it is better to be on the safe side of inappropriate and keep the funniness. Don't you? :wink: I think it will be very hard to keep this competition on track without getting someone offended, even if they have been warned it is not for the faint-hearted. :laugh:

Your suggestions are taken. But my point is still, your "safe side of inappropriate" is going to be different from others' "safe side". So my decision is to offend as many as possible to show no "discrimination". :hmpf:

This is a brief rundown for Category C

Please have fun with this category but lets eliminate specific religions and racial slurs from entries. The minifigs are meant to be crude, rude and lewd, but Eurobricks will not stand for Racial or Religious villification. So if you wish to make terrorist entries etc that is fine and well within the spirit of the competition but using the N-word etc is frowned upon.

Thanks to lisqr for editing your entry. I realise that perhaps we weren't specific enough in our rules wording and thank you for pointing these things out to us. The Staff are always available to discuss anything on Eurobricks with members, so don't hesitate to contact us.

I will place an addendum in the rules for Category C for all to see.

Remember to build and have fun with all three categories. :classic:

Cheers

ISC.

This is a brief rundown for Category C

Please have fun with this category but lets eliminate specific religions and racial slurs from entries. The minifigs are meant to be crude, rude and lewd, but Eurobricks will not stand for Racial or Religious villification. So if you wish to make terrorist entries etc that is fine and well within the spirit of the competition but using the N-word etc is frowned upon.

Thanks to lisqr for editing your entry. I realise that perhaps we weren't specific enough in our rules wording and thank you for pointing these things out to us. The Staff are always available to discuss anything on Eurobricks with members, so don't hesitate to contact us.

I will place an addendum in the rules for Category C for all to see.

Remember to build and have fun with all three categories. :classic:

Cheers

ISC.

I apologize again if I offended anyone. I didn't meant to cause any trouble, just trying to be the worst I can like the rule said. Now that the line is drawn, hopefully I didn't cause too much damage.

As what my fellow staffers, Hinckley and I Scream Clone has mentioned in-between the edits,

Let's not make the word "fun" and "inappropriate" be involved with specific religious, racist and political issues to be associated with your participating entry. I understand it is a very thin line and different entries have different levels of provacation in this contest.

Please let us (staffers) know if you have any questions or doubts on this very extraordinary category C.

As what my fellow staffers, Hinckley and I Scream Clone has mentioned in-between the edits,

Let's not make the word "fun" and "inappropriate" be involved with specific religious, racist and political issues to be associated with your participating entry. I understand it is a very thin line and different entries have different levels of provacation in this contest.

Please let us (staffers) know if you have any questions or doubts on this very extraordinary category C.

Thank you, this is really appreciated actually

Smart alec. It suppose to meant for the participants to decipher on their own. Anyway, I am very certain the remaining minifigure will not be Sumo Wrestler. It could be anything.

I bet ;) like an elf :) :) :)

Hi, just a question:

It is mandatory to don't put the serie 3 minifig in the vignette, or I can post my vignette including the selected minifig?

Many thanks

bye

Teazza

My entries are up in Cat A & C (I'll try to post better pics of my depraved figs later because competition is very tough)...

I did not see Category C coming, but it was a fun challlenge! Funny also to see how many entries have already been done there... I would not dare to conclude that this community is a made of repressed psychos ... but it is definitely strange!

(Good call from the mods on that matter, things were starting to go sideways and your clarifications were needed)

Hi, just a question:

It is mandatory to don't put the serie 3 minifig in the vignette, or I can post my vignette including the selected minifig?

Many thanks

bye

Teazza

You are NOT allowed to have a serie 3 minifig (or part of one, or accessories of one) in any of the categories. This is the most asked question every time and I don't get why. It's perfectly clear in the rules. :hmpf_bad:

Category C participants, please take note of the accessories count and don't exceed more than 3. I saw a few which have more than 3 accessories for an inappropriate minifigure. Thanks.

You are NOT allowed to have a serie 3 minifig (or part of one, or accessories of one) in any of the categories. This is the most asked question every time and I don't get why. It's perfectly clear in the rules. :hmpf_bad:

As what our dear Etzel has mentioned above, Series 3 minifigure cannot be used or represented by other minifigure as a form of placeholder in any categories. Thanks.

My entries are up in Cat A & C (I'll try to post better pics of my depraved figs later because competition is very tough)...

Thanks for considering to re-take your images again. It will definitely be better for you.

:monkey: Are animals allowed to overhang? :shark: Mine includes a cow!

As long is reasonably reasonable, I can accept it as long it is not completely out of the designated area.

As long is reasonably reasonable, I can accept it as long it is not completely out of the designated area.

Thats OK, just its head is sticking out :laugh:

I just finished my 'second draft' of my 8x8 vignette and I have a couple of questions before I take the pictures and upload them.

If my pics aren't the best (see my reviews if you want to see how my pics generally look), will that affect my chances?

You say we can't use new pieces but what about newly coloured pieces (ie. the sand green fish)?

Thanks

I just finished my 'second draft' of my 8x8 vignette and I have a couple of questions before I take the pictures and upload them.

If my pics aren't the best (see my reviews if you want to see how my pics generally look), will that affect my chances?

Probably, people tend to vote on entries that looks good and that includes the photographic factors. But judging form your review pictures they aren't that bad. You should adjust the colours so you get rid of the reddish tone and maybe brighten it up a bit and they would be nice.

You say we can't use new pieces but what about newly coloured pieces (ie. the sand green fish)?

Thanks

No you can not use the sand green fish. Neither can you use for example, the brown maracas or the golden space gun, they are all series 3 parts.

I have a question about category B: Do you have to include the full s2 or s1 figure? I mean if they were, say, half submerged in a liquid, would it be ok to just inlclude the upper half of the figure?

Edited by Gregorovich

I have a question about category B: Do you have to include the full s2 or s1 figure? I mean if they were, say, half submerged in a liquid, would it be ok to just inlclude the upper half of the figure?

That will be fine.

Category C participants, please take note of the accessories count and don't exceed more than 3. I saw a few which have more than 3 accessories for an inappropriate minifigure. Thanks.

By 3 accessories, do you mean 3 pieces besides head, headgear, torso and leg?

I've built my 4 naughty minifigs for category C, will post them tomorrow when I'm back from work, sadly can't do it today as I really need some sleep now.

By 3 accessories, do you mean 3 pieces besides head, headgear, torso and leg?

Yeah, can an accessory be made of more than 1 brick?

Okay, I've posted my category C entry. I hope it's not too inappropriate (I don't think it is, after seeing some of the other entries!), and I hope you all like it. I may also enter category B. I'm not entering A, though, as all the other entries are already better than anything I could make!