WhiteFang

Eurobricks Collectable LEGO Minifigures Series 3 Building Contest

I've a question about Category B: How exactly is "interaction" defined? For example, could I make a constume shop with clown, vampire and gorilla costumes in the window, or could I make a "timeline" vig showing the same person at different stages, without the stages being aware of each other?

Finally! :grin: Now to think of some good ideas for A and B... Even though I've had it in the back of my mind for several weeks already, I just can't seem to settle on anything :sceptic:. Well nothing's better to get the mind going than a deadline :laugh:

Get it rolling! I am sure you have prepared yours way earlier than anyone since you always prepare all 16 vignettes in one go.

Just one question, the minifigures do have to be yellow right? (or are all tones of flesh allowed aswell?)

Most of the time, participants use yellow minifigures instead of flesh. However, I did not specify that this is not allowed. Therefore, flesh minifigures is allowed in all 3 categories.

Can we use these parts besides the chosen figure. If I, for example, pick the diver from Series 1, can I also add the pompom's from the same Series?

I think the answer is yes, but to be sure..

Yes, the answer is correct. You may use them all except Series 3 new accessories and parts.

Is it allowed to use PARTS of official TLG stickers, or the excess stuff between or around the actual stickers on a sticker sheet? :classic:

I don't quite get you. Hope my explanation clears your doubts. Official TLG stickers which is used/applied on an existing official LEGO brick/parts or official TLG stickers which is in the original state and awaits to be applied can be use as long it is official!

I've a question about Category B: How exactly is "interaction" defined? For example, could I make a constume shop with clown, vampire and gorilla costumes in the window, or could I make a "timeline" vig showing the same person at different stages, without the stages being aware of each other?

Building the interaction scene and storytelling go hand in hand. You can take a look at the previous Series 2 contest Category B entries for inspiration or examples. Right now, you make use of one series 1 minifigure and another series 2 minifigure illustrating an imaginary scene with an intended imaginary series 3 minifigure. The entry itself might not be able to explained fully what you are trying to convey. Therefore, a narrative fiction story is good to help to get your readers/supporters to understand your entry even better.

I already have some ideas for category C. :tongue: A question though - are brick-built legs allowed? Or a "skirt" (like this one)?

A question though - are brick-built legs allowed? Or a "skirt" (like this one)?

I don't see why not, since Series 2 "Witch" made use of the similar shape/part. Unless you have other parts in mind, please let me know, so I could help to clarify.

Sweet! I was wondering when (or even if) this contest would come up. Glad to see you're continuing the trend, and very happy to see the generous prizes! I was debating whether to order some S3 figs from bricklink or not, but I guess I'll wait another month. :wink: Ideas are filling my head already...

Hopefully I'll be able to enter on-time this time. :laugh:

Oh, and very nice entries in Category C already, especially from Izzy. :thumbup:

Brilliant. I will probably take part and I have some great ideas for my entry. Category C should be interesting :grin:

Hopefully I'll be able to enter on-time this time. :laugh:

Glad to run this for the very 3rd time! :wink:

And, PLEASE submit your entry on time! This time, the deadline is longer than usual, so I don't want to see any excuses of you submitting your entry late. :tongue:

I'll probably take part in this contest.

A very interesting topic, and my favourite 8*8 vig!

But I've got a question: can I use two different minifigs from the 3rd serie?

Edited by HeLena

But I've got a question: can I use two different minifigs from the 3rd serie?

All of the above 3 categories forbid the usage of Series 3 minifigures in your entries. Please read the rules carefully for all categories as different categories will have some variance in the rules. Thanks.

Outstanding entries! I think they could wrap the category C contest up in a week! if they don't its going to be one long thread!!

That was a surprise! Didn't expect to see an entry up so soon. You certainly grasp the meaning of inappropriateness. :tongue:

Good luck.

Oh you think that's bad... :devil::grin:

Rule from Category A state "No placeholder minifigure (Series 3) can be used to reflect the actual position in the entry."

Does that mean we can use a MF not from Serie 3 as place holder?

I want to enter into the 16x16 contest and I've already started. I built a base that I'm really happy with but after closer inspection it was 14x14! Is this allowed or do I need to find some more dark tan plates :tongue:

Edited by George G.

Get it rolling! I am sure you have prepared yours way earlier than anyone since you always prepare all 16 vignettes in one go.

I wish... I've been so busy planning my 16 vignettes that I haven't got round to planning my contest entries. And my own restrictions on my vignettes are harsher than those of the contest, so I don't think any of them will be suitable :wink:.

This will be great.

I can't wait to see entryes.

Expect me in categoryes A and B. :classic:

EDIT: I have Cm-s, but can I use some other minifigures with them in my entry (some city

minifig or something like that)?

Edited by Stardusty

Haha, loving Category C! I might make an entry to it myself, even though I already own all the figs and don't want to take away any prizes from those who don't.

I especially love how people seem to be awfully ashamed of their own entries, apologizing between each picture and all that. Seriously, nobody has the right to be offended by the entries, there were plenty of warnings not to look at them if one is sensitive to that sort of jokes.

Rule from Category A state "No placeholder minifigure (Series 3) can be used to reflect the actual position in the entry."

Does that mean we can use a MF not from Serie 3 as place holder?

You may use one or two extra figures in Category A, but they need to be interacting with the imaginary Series 3 figure, not to mention there isn't a lot of room on a 8x8 anyway.

I want to enter into the 16x16 contest and I've already started. I built a base that I'm really happy with but after closer inspection it was 14x14! Is this allowed or do I need to find some more dark tan plates :tongue:

No problem with building smaller than 16x16, just don't go larger.

This will be great.

I can't wait to see entryes.

Expect me in categoryes A and B. :classic:

EDIT: I have Cm-s, but can I use some other minifigures with them in my entry (some city

minifig or something like that)?

I am confused, which category are you asking about? For Category B you need a figure from Series 1 and 2 interacting with an imaginary Series 3 figure.

Category C requires new original figs, Category A can use extra figs interacting with the imaginary fig as well.

Yes! Finally!

Wow! What epic categories! :laugh: I'm entering them all! I need more figures!

*jedi mind trick mode* You will not notice my age */jedi mind trick mode*

Awesome, I really enjoyed the other two contests, so I'm looking forward to this one as well.

Already got my idea for Category A, though I'll need to have a think about Categories B and C ...

Just to clarify, with Category B, is it an interaction between a Series 3 minifigure and one other figure i.e.

• Series 3 and Series 1 or
  • Series 3 and Series 2

or is it an interaction between a Series 3 minifigure and two other figures, one from Series 1 and one from Series 2?

I've read the rules a few times and the wording seems a little ambiguous, so the more I read it, the more confused I get as to exactly how many figures need to be in Category B.

WhiteFang: I think it needs to be made more clear (at the top of the first post) that you can NOT use series 3 minifigs, parts, or accessories in ANY of the 3 categories. Not sure why this is a rule, but I've already seen entries break this rule and a lot of questions in here regarding their use.

Sorry to be nit-picky, but the first minifig in this entry is holding a Megablocks sword. Just like to point it out before it gets DQ'd :wink:

Edited by prateek

WhiteFang: I think it needs to be made more clear (at the top of the first post) that you can NOT use series 3 minifigs, parts, or accessories in ANY of the 3 categories. Not sure why this is a rule, but I've already seen entries break this rule and a lot of questions in here regarding their use.

I think this is because the series 3 minifigs are not necessarily easily available in all countries yet, so allowing the use of their parts would potentially give an unfair advantage to those who had access to them over those who did not. I'm guessing this is also the reason why the series 3 minifigs are not allowed in their own vignettes.