Sign in to follow this  
Bob

Red Scare Mystery - Chapter Eight

Curious that the tub is filled with water. I wouldn't mind an explanation there.

I'll head into the bedroom. I'll look under the bed first, then wait for a description.

"I guess I forgot to empty it." Julie says.

There's a bed, along with a few cabinets next to a window. There's also a nightstand and a lamp next to the bed. On top of the bed is a quilt. There's a door to the bathroom, and a door to the closet on another side.

I'll search through the closets of the bedroom.

There's some clothes, a few shoe boxes, and a few family photo albums.

I would like to read her acceptance letter. I will shake out the magazines to see if any pieces of paper fall out.

James skims through her acceptance letter, but there's nothing that would stick out. No papers come out of the magazines.

I would like to check the date on Dr Lloyd's letter.

Miss Parker, I believe you came to Alabatha 5 years ago. Where were you living before that? Where did you study nursing?

And did you ever get to meet Laura Jefferson, Patrick Jefferson's previous wife?

It is dated five years ago, the same time that Nurse Parker arrived in Alabatha.

I would like to check the pipes under the sink, tapping them lightly with my hammer to see if anything is hidden inside.

There's nothing inside the pipes.

I would like to check for loose stones in the fireplace.

There's no loose stones in the fireplace.

Oh and one more thing,

Is the pistol Soviet made or American?

The pistol is American made.

I would like to shake the albums and see if anything incriminating falls out. Then I would like to skim through them and see if there are any photos worth noticing.

The radio is turned to a jazz station.

That criminal! I would like to turn it to a rock station.

I would also like to tap all the walls, as well as all the bricks in the stone fireplace.

Is the closet big enough to hide anything in? I would like to give all the clothes a pat down and search through the closet and see anything suspicious.

I shall look inside the shoe boxes.

There's only shoes inside the shoe boxes.

I would like to shake the albums and see if anything incriminating falls out. Then I would like to skim through them and see if there are any photos worth noticing.

Shaking the albums causes most of the photos to fall out. Julie flashes her a very annoyed look. There's no interesting photos either.

I would like to have a look in the bedroom cabinets.

There's clothes inside the cabinets, but nothing else.

I would like to chack the address on the magazines. Then I would like to pull the plug on the tub to see if it drains.

James checks the address, it is addressed to the hospital. Pulling the plug on the tub, it does drain.

That criminal! I would like to turn it to a rock station.

I would also like to tap all the walls, as well as all the bricks in the stone fireplace.

Stevie once again taps the walls, but there's nothing suspicious or curious.

Is the closet big enough to hide anything in? I would like to give all the clothes a pat down and search through the closet and see anything suspicious.

You theoretically could hide something. There's nothing in the clothes, and a second search through the closet still yields nothing suspicious.

Is there anything in the tub after it drains? I'll check under the mattress and bed for anything suspicious such as weaponry or notes, or spy equipment.

I'd like to make sure we check the acceptance letter for invisiable ink (heat or lemon juice work best; the heat from a lightbulb is less destructive). It seems a little odd that Nurse Parker was looking for a letter she got 5 years ago just now, and it was in a readily reachable space.

Is there any access to the roof? Is there a back garden to the house?

I would also like to look at the radio to see if it was tampered with.

Is there anything in the tub after it drains? I'll check under the mattress and bed for anything suspicious such as weaponry or notes, or spy equipment.

There's nothing left in the tub after it drains. Also, there's nothing in the mattress or under the bed.

I'd like to make sure we check the acceptance letter for invisiable ink (heat or lemon juice work best; the heat from a lightbulb is less destructive). It seems a little odd that Nurse Parker was looking for a letter she got 5 years ago just now, and it was in a readily reachable space.

Looking under a lightbulb, there isn't any invisible ink.

Is there any access to the roof? Is there a back garden to the house?

I would also like to look at the radio to see if it was tampered with.

There is no roof access. Also, the radio hasn't been tampered with in any way.

The group leaves for breakfast at Dieter's as the sun rises on another day in Alabatha. They then meet in the town center. Mayor Bradford and the rest of the Alabatha Government confront Officer Fields.

img_0479.jpg

"Congratulations, Tim. You've earned it." he says.

"Thanks Mayor Bradford!" Chief Fields says.

img_0480.jpg

"We've just received word from Washington." Inspector Liebenston says, approaching the group. "Chief Phelps was indeed a communist, and one of the ones we were looking for!"

The townspeople look elated, but the excitement dissipated. Their police chief, whom they trusted with their lives and saw daily, was a communist spy. They prepared to head out to the next location.

END CHAPTER EIGHT. This topic may be locked please!