Sign in to follow this  
Bob

Red Scare Mystery - Chapter Eight

I would like to know what buildings, if any, are next to the residence. I'll take a short walk around the house and examine the outside of it for anything that might serve as a signal to communists.

I would like to know if the house had any recent work done on it.

I would also like to look for any signs of recent digging, or any rocks and trees that seem to be in an odd place.

Nice home you have, Nurse Parker.

I'd like to look in the garden for something unusal, suspicious or communist.

There's nothing in the garden unusual or communist. There's a single bush.

I will look around the bush, looking for footprints or anything else that might catch my eye.

There's nothing around the bush.

Is the roof slanted or flat?

I also would like a description of the house.

The roof is slanted. I'm not sure why people are asking for a description when there's a picture on page ten. I can't describe the inside if you're not inside.

I would like to know what buildings, if any, are next to the residence. I'll take a short walk around the house and examine the outside of it for anything that might serve as a signal to communists.

There's a few trees next to the Parker Residence, but no buildings. There's nothing on the outside that might serve as a signal.

I would like to know if the house had any recent work done on it.

I would also like to look for any signs of recent digging, or any rocks and trees that seem to be in an odd place.

There's no sign of any recent work done. There's also no signs of digging, or any rocks or trees in an odd place.

"Shall we go inside?" Nurse Parker asks.

There's nothing in the garden unusual or communist. There's a single bush.

May I search inside the bush.

There's a few trees next to the Parker Residence, but no buildings. There's nothing on the outside that might serve as a signal.

What is the nearest building/place of interest, and how many minutes away is it?

"Shall we go inside?" Nurse Parker asks.

Yes, lets.

I would like to pull out the bush, look under it, then proceed inside

You're going to uproot a plant? A bit drastic don't you think? But that's your choice, and it's not my garden, so go ahead.

I will go inside with the rest.

Please don't. It's nothing special but it will make a mess of my garden. I guess you can if you promise to clear it back up.

May I search inside the bush.

What is the nearest building/place of interest, and how many minutes away is it?

There's nothing of interest inside the bush. The nearest building is the hotel, and it's about thirty seconds away walking distance. Also close by is the farm.

Let's go inside and get a description then.

Entering the home, there's two rooms off to one side of the house, a bedroom and a bathroom. The other side of the house has a kitchen, with a refrigerator, a table and chairs, and a few cabinets. The living room, which is carpeted, has a fireplace and a radio, along with a sofa.

Stevie pulls the plant out of the ground, but there's nothing under it but worms and more dirt. He then puts it back, and heads inside.

I would like to looks through the cabinets for secret files or weapons.

I would like to check what station the radio is tuned to.

I would also like to put out the fire if its lit, and check the fireplace for notes or anything else suspicious

I'd like to look under the carpet in the living room and in the refrigerator for anything suspect.

I'd like to eat some of the food in the fridge, then look under the carpet

Hmm... let me try some of that! :classic:

Is there a closet of some sort?

Stevie! Ted! Don't you know how rude it is to just walk into someone's house and eat their food? We're here to investigate. Have some class.

I'd like to search under any rugs and on all the doorframes for anything suspicious or dangerous.

I'll start in the restroom. I'd like to check the medicine cabinet. What sort of medicines are in there? I'd like to tap the back of the cabinet to see if it is hollow.

I'd like to test all of the taps, the shower, the toilet.

I'd like to check behind the toilet, look in the toilet tank, and under the tub.

If there is a cabinet under the sink, I'd like ot look in there as well.

I would like to looks through the cabinets for secret files or weapons.

I would like to check what station the radio is tuned to.

I would also like to put out the fire if its lit, and check the fireplace for notes or anything else suspicious

Searching through the cabinets yields only ordinary food. However, hidden in the back is a pistol. Recalling the records at the Town Hall, Ms. Parker is registered to own a gun, for her own protection. The radio is turned to a jazz station, and the fireplace is empty, as if it hasn't been used in awhile.

I will search through the sofa cushions and under it for any suspicious items or notes. I would also like to know what is on the table.

Searching through the sofa cushions yields only a letter from Dr. Lloyd. It's an older letter, and it's her acceptance to the hospital as a nurse. There's a few TIME magazines on the table.

"Oh, I was looking for that letter!" Julie said.

I'd like to look under the carpet in the living room and in the refrigerator for anything suspect.

Krista looks under the carpet on the living room, but there's nothing under there.

I'd like to eat some of the food in the fridge, then look under the carpet

Before Krista can get to the refrigerator, Stevie heads there and inspect the food thoroughly, finding nothing. Then in utter classlessness, he eats some of Julie's food.

Hmm... let me try some of that! :classic:

Is there a closet of some sort?

Captain Harding joins Stevie, and they both eat like pigs.

"Yes, in the bedroom." Julie says.

Is the fireplace made of stone/bricks?

It's made of stone.

Stevie! Ted! Don't you know how rude it is to just walk into someone's house and eat their food? We're here to investigate. Have some class.

I'd like to search under any rugs and on all the doorframes for anything suspicious or dangerous.

Ralph looks in the doorframes, but he can't find anything suspicious or dangerous.

I'll start in the restroom. I'd like to check the medicine cabinet. What sort of medicines are in there? I'd like to tap the back of the cabinet to see if it is hollow.

I'd like to test all of the taps, the shower, the toilet.

I'd like to check behind the toilet, look in the toilet tank, and under the tub.

If there is a cabinet under the sink, I'd like ot look in there as well.

Mayor Bradford heads into the bathroom. There's no medicine cabinet, but there is a cough syrup on the sink. All the water lines work perfectly, there's also nothing behind the toilet or in the toilet tank. The tub is filled with water. There's a few pipes in the cabinet under the sink, but there's also a few wash towels, toothpaste bottles, and other hygiene items.

I would like to help search the couch, and take any spare change that may be under it!

Gloria searching under the couch, but finds no money. She gets up disappointed.

Curious that the tub is filled with water. I wouldn't mind an explanation there.

I'll head into the bedroom. I'll look under the bed first, then wait for a description.

I'll search through the closets of the bedroom.

Searching through the sofa cushions yields only a letter from Dr. Lloyd. It's an older letter, and it's her acceptance to the hospital as a nurse. There's a few TIME magazines on the table.

"Oh, I was looking for that letter!" Julie said.

I would like to check the date on Dr Lloyd's letter.

Miss Parker, I believe you came to Alabatha 5 years ago. Where were you living before that? Where did you study nursing?

And did you ever get to meet Laura Jefferson, Patrick Jefferson's previous wife?

I would like to check the pipes under the sink, tapping them lightly with my hammer to see if anything is hidden inside.

I would like to check for loose stones in the fireplace.