eiker86

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 5 discussion

I agree that the more the marrier as far as series size is concerned. There are so many things they've yet to touch on and they are already doing repeats like the skater and the clown, which is fine with me as long as they keep releasing these at such a fast pace. I would also like it if they just increased the box size to 64 and put 4 of each figure in but I suspect that they hope to sell more repeats to people who just want one of each and are looking for that elusive fisherman. I don't want to give them any ideas but I'm surprised they haven't made even rarer figures like 1 in every 4 boxes. Now that would be a nightmare.

Wouldn't this be the first time the bags' shot appears outside the bags/box?

the more the marrier
Saturation of the market is an issue. 16 figs a series is 64 a year.

You don't have to collect them all. But some people would really like to. Plus it will make it easier to find/mass the minifig you want as there would be more instances of a fig in a box.

Edited by vexorian

Wow, that's a bit early for a series 5 picture, isn't it?

The figs are surely interesting, I especially love the gladiator, but some others look good as well.

Were there any cavewomen with pink hair? I don't think so, but I don't know too much about them.

The "cleopatra" figure looks interesting, although I don't understand the snake. Still good, matches the pharao, the mummy and the lots of Adventurers and Pharaos Quest (that's the theme's name, right?) figures some might have. Also great if there would be a matching Caesar or Octavianus figure in a possible series 6.

The dwarf is of no interest to me, as I am no castle fan and never was or will be. The lizard man might be useful at certain Mocs, as the monkey man.

Boxer and clown look great, the bowler and the boxing gloves might be of good use. I just wished the bowler was black...but a blue one might become handy as well.

I'm not sure about the Buckingham guard. Surely it's a great fig, but I have no idea how to use it. But I'll buy it anyway. :classic:

Are there only 9 figs in series 5 or is this just a sample?

The "cleopatra" figure looks interesting, although I don't understand the snake. Still good, matches the pharao, the mummy and the lots of Adventurers and Pharaos Quest (that's the theme's name, right?) figures some might have.

Cleopatra committed suicide with an asp... I think the snake puts the nail in the coffin on the debate about whether it's just some ancient Egyptian woman or Cleopatra.

Yes! A cave-girl! Took 4 series before my cavemen tribe gets some females at last!

New clown is meh...didn't like the first and this one's no better. People will love his bowler though!

Gladiator is fine and most welcome. The helmet and gladius look like great new items.

Egyptian queen! Looks like we'll have that long desired antiquity-theme complete only through collectable figs VERY soon ;-).

Royal guard... that headgear could become useful.

New dwarf is welcome, yet I'd rather get the dwarf helmet without the wings. His shield is epic!

Sherlock-dude... Some folks will LOVE this guy to death. I won't. He looks and feels perfect in his own right, but there's no spark with me.

Monster-dude! For reenacting those SFX-filming sessions of the original Legozilla-movie!

Boxer. Nice. Wonder how the gloves connect to the hands.

So far I'm exited for S5. Hope the rest are as good!

Be well all!

Cutty

Edit: Just noticed those glowy-red eyes of the dwarf! Along with his overall darker tone, could he seriously be a "Dark Dwarf" or "Underdwarf"? How cool is that? :-D

Edited by Cutty

How did I miss this discussion? :blush:

Topic moved to its rightful new forum!

To all, I am also excited by the Series 5 discussion but as per our guidelines, I will prefer "links" only and no deeplinks.

In addition, I will only update the first post if only the image is not preliminary. Thanks for your understanding. Meanwhile, please read through the earlier few pages.

I'd think that the dwarf will be one of the unpopular ones, since Lego just had a Dwarf theme a few years ago. Same goes with the Viking in Series 4.

I'm looking forward to the Dwarf, simply because I missed out on most of them in their FC release.

Funny how as soon as I get a series completed, they come out with pictures of a new one. Within days of getting series 1, series 2 pictures were leaked. Within days of getting series 2, series three was leaked. I just got series three last weekend. This time, however, they are two series ahead.

Steve

I dont think they will make both gender for all figures. But they made a surf guy AND girl (on her way).

Or the male/female companions like they made a male skier and a female snowboader.

What I most like about these collectable figs is that in other series they got a 'match' or even more than just 2 that match.

For if that's realy going to be a Cleopatra in series 5, that would be a great add for the Pharao's Quest, with already the (living/none mummified) Pharaoh and the Mummy from previous series.

Btw. that 'Godzilla' or Dino suit Guy makes me think he looks like Barney the Dinosaur, or is it just me?

Im more than happy to see the cave woman and that bone trough her hair is super! Aswell the Dwarf, I always wanted to have but never bought me a set (vikings) and he will be suitable for a LotR theme and Vikings (with the series 4 Viking).

So I must have those atleast 2 times.

So far I already like 8 out of 9 character/figures (no need for the sherlock holmes guy).

And las tto say; I don't think it's a 'verticly challenged' clown but a kid dressed himself to be one.

Thank you very much for the (links to the) pics, kevin 1990, JCC1004 and SilentMode! :classic:

From which I can say til now (seeing this pic), series 5 looks amazing, too! :oh:

I could live without the dwarf. And Sherlock Holmes as well as the boxer are imo not that exciting, too.

But the cavewoman (or Amazon?), the clown and the English soldier are really nice. :thumbup:

The clown gives us even the opportunity to get some kids' pants in green. Plus the cookie is a nice addition to the Winter Bakery.

The man in the crocodile suit, the Arabian woman and the gladiator are simply stunning! :wub:

Let's hope that series 5 will even include a surgeon, a male snowboarder, a kid, a woman with a baby and a cameraman - that would be brilliant!

I'm really looking forward to the toy fairs when we supposably and hopefully will get some pics of all minifigs of series 5.

Klaus-Dieter

Lot's if figures to complete or go along with ones from earlyier series cant wait to see the rest of series.

Anyone thought of the NEW GUN we are getting with the Guard?

I think it might be a brown western rifle but don't know for sure yet.

This series is looking GREAT so far, especially with the first Roman themed minifigure ever!

British guard will be an absolute army builder.

Loving all of them except the clown and dwarf. I seriously hope the series won't include an army of clowns like Playmobil's Specials have...

TT

Wow, a pic already? Sweet! These look great. Not as amazing as Series 4, but still very good. I might be the only one here, but I think I'm looking forward to Sherlock Holmes the most. :blush: He seems to come with a new, printed hat mold, a new reasonably-sized magnifying glass, and a great torso print! I hope he has a pipe too, but I'm not holding my breath. The fact that we get a British royal guard in the same series makes it even better, providing us with the figs to make a MOC about Holmes solving the case of the lost crown jewels! :sweet:

The gladiator and cavewoman look good too. :thumbup:

And am I the only one who is excited for the first official bowler hat? Sure, it's blue and has a flower on it, but it makes it very possible that we'll get one in black very soon, possibly even in the same series! :oh:

Oh, and yay for Lego pie! :grin:

The Coldstream guard is looking pretty interesting, too bad there is unlikely to be a Beefeater and a proper Police Officer. I do like the Gojira figure and the bowler hat is pretty fab, even if it is blue and adorned with a flower. The gladiator is decent too.

Another series to collect :thumbup:

Woot!

Egyptian Woman - Sweet! Always glad to see new hair molds. Feels like the hair could be used in a bizarre Clockwork Orange vignette.

Gladiator - YES! That guy looks seriously awesome. Hope he comes with a cool shield and grizzled veteran looking face.

Sherlock - Got a feeling that steam-punk fans are happy to see this one.

Cave Girl - Wish I could make out what is in her hand. Hopefully NOT a black spear.

Royal Guard - Let the Buckingham Palace MOCs begin! Bet I will see that hat in some historic/pirate era MOCs as well. Wonder if the rifle is a new mold

Dwarf - Very cool! Wish he had the wingless helmet. Hoping the beard was the mold not previously made in black. Looks like he has the mold buckler mold with a demon/dragon face.

Boxer - Pretty cool looking for a sports minifig. Appreciate the new molds but not much use to me.

Lizard Man - Haha. Would be cool if the head mold extended down and out for a tail. Liek it for the most part.

Little Clown - Pretty cool. Like the two new molds. Hoping the hat is made into additional colors.

Hoping there are 5 more coming out in the series. I enjoy getting 16 per series as it adds a lot of variety. I think there are still a ton of ideas for TLG to use in the collectibles line and don't see them cutting back on numbers due to lack of ideas.

Hoping there are 5 more coming out in the series. I enjoy getting 16 per series as it adds a lot of variety. I think there are still a ton of ideas for TLG to use in the collectibles line and don't see them cutting back on numbers due to lack of ideas.

Make that 7 more! =D

I'd think that the dwarf will be one of the unpopular ones, since Lego just had a Dwarf theme a few years ago. Same goes with the Viking in Series 4.

That's kinda ironic, I was hoping to get those guys somehow. Never managed to buy a 'Vikings' set.

For that reason I'm very much looking forward to these/those. And since you assume they will be unpopular I could get myself some more of each.

Anyway so far I love them all even the sherlock guy (did took a better look and saw some potential pieces).

Btw. this is so weird, not having a single series 4 (YET!) And already talking about 5. Oh well very much to look forward to.

Edited by Ro87n

Come to think of it, when is this series supposed to come out? June right? That makes this 5 months away! Very long time to speculate :laugh:

We did get a fairly hefty head start on Series 4 too, if I remember right; we've had those images for months.

anyhow, I likewise did not get any viking or dwarf sets, so I likewise am looking forward to seeing them. In fact, one of the suggestions I made in the wanna-see thread was figures from old lines, so I'm being well catered for (though I mainly had Power Miners and Blacktron in mind - one reason I'm hoarding cyborgs).

How did these get leaked so early! *oh2*

I love the dwarf, it's a dark and twisty version of the fantasy dwarves who were always a bit too happy for my liking. And this is coming at a great time; to think I was about to shell out $35 for a battle pack of dwarves on bricklink just an hour ago before I found this news out!! :grin:

To think there are 7 more blows my mind, just these are enough to make the series worth buying! It's simply paradoxical how much excitement they generate with these pictures only to leave us hanging and without any way of finding them in stores later on. :tongue:

So no Roman soldier in this group of figures as well I suppose... Well the good thing is that there is a Roman gladiator which gives me hope they may make a Legionary one day, but I hope this doesn't replace it.

But WOW 6 history/fantasy figures out of 9 shown! :wub: I like this trend!

I like most of them even though they don't give me the same desire as the series 4 figs does.

Cleopatra - Need to see more of her before I make up my mind but currently she one of the weaker ones of this series for me.

Gladiator - The same as with cleopatra. However is that another new spear we're getting from this "theme"?

Sherlock holmes - Intresting. But I guess that if I were a steampunk builder I would be overjoyed or something. ;)

Cave girl - New cartoonish hairpiece... Other than that one can't say much about her.

English guard - I guess the english fans will fight over those. ;) And no, the rifle isn't a new mold.

Dwarf - As has been said we just had a full theme of those so it really doesn't appeal to me. Even though it seems to have a cool unique shield and a reddish brown 3L bar (I think).

Boxer - There's a reason why he's in front. He's the best in the bunch! I just hope we get a boxer dressed in blue in a later series!

Lizard suit guy - Not a big fan of that fig. Will get one anyways just to have a complete series to display.

Clown Like the pie. And that bowler hat looks promising for future series. Just hope we get one in black or dark bley!!

Cave Girl - Wish I could make out what is in her hand. Hopefully NOT a black spear.

No, the top of the thing can be seen above the lizard suit guy's head. And to me it looks like a black caveman club or something similar.

Edited by Mirandir