Sign in to follow this  
Bob

Red Scare Mystery - Chapter Eight

Stevie, no explosives. We're trying to find evidence, kid, not destroy it. Does anyone happen to have a key? Otherwise a rock sounds as good a plan as any.

What? Who could not have noticed a fire engine missing? Well, lets go inside and search around a bit.

Didn't we move the tireless fire truck to put out the fire at the Lakota? I seem to remember that. Though how we got to it if the door was locked is beyond me. :wacko:

Meanwhile, I'll wait patiently for our, ahem, egress into the building to be secured.

Well we must find a way in.

I would like to go round the building, checking whether any door (including the garage door) or window is unlocked. Are there any crates, bins or other objects outside the station that could hide keys?

Oh and is there a fire escape ladder (or stairs) from the second floor? :grin:

Farmer Simmons checks all of the doors. They're all locked securely. There are a few bins and crates, but they're all empty. There is not a fire escape ladder, but don't forget that you do possess a ladder.

In that case, if nobody finds another way in, grab a rock and break the door/window open.

Gloria throws a rock at the door's window, smashing it. She then reaches her hand in, and unlocks the door.

Hmm... looks like we'll need to find a way in. To start, does anyone have explosives?

"Errr...That's not the best idea." the Congressman says.

Hmm... so its locked

I would like to look around for any rugs or loose tiles that a key could be hidden in.

There's no rugs or loose tiles on the outside.

Didn't we move the tireless fire truck to put out the fire at the Lakota? I seem to remember that. Though how we got to it if the door was locked is beyond me. :wacko:

Meanwhile, I'll wait patiently for our, ahem, egress into the building to be secured.

"The door was unlocked when we fetched the fire truck, oddly enough it's been locked again." the Congressman says.

The sun begins to rise in the distance.

I'd like a detailed description of anything in this room.

I'd like to look on the floor, near the place where the fire engine was, if there is something the national guards lost while stealing it, or anything else that doesn't belong there.

I'd also look through any cupboards.

Is there a kitchen in here? Commy's could have left something like papers.

If a kitchen is present I would like a description.

I would like to look for any signs of recent activity, newspapers, unclean dishes, slept in beds ect.

I would like to recall if the firestation was circled on the map.

I would like to walk in, and see if there are any boxes or cabinets that could be used to store weapons or papers.

Maxwell walks into the fire station, and opens the boxes and cabinets. There's a few fire-fighting tools and equipment, but there's no weapons. There's no papers either.

I'd like a detailed description of anything in this room.

I'd like to look on the floor, near the place where the fire engine was, if there is something the national guards lost while stealing it, or anything else that doesn't belong there.

I'd also look through any cupboards.

Walking in, there's a staircase leading upstairs directly in front of you. In the middle is a parking spot for the fire engine, with huge barn doors in the back as a second exit for the engine. Finally, on the other side of the room is a spot for helmets, lockers, and equipment.

I'll do my regular bin search while keeping my eye out for things that look out of place as we progress.

Julie looks in a trash bin that's outside. It's empty.

Is there a kitchen in here? Commy's could have left something like papers.

If a kitchen is present I would like a description.

There is no kitchen on this floor.

I would like to go through any equipment lockers or racks to see if I can find something that would not normally belong there.

James opens the equipment lockers, and finds nothing out of the ordinary. He then opens the fire-fighter's lockers, and finds a note. Written on the note is: "One walks the roof at midnight."

Again, I'd like to tap all the walls, but now inside the station

Stevie taps the walls, but yields no results.

I would like to check if there are any toolboxes near by, and perhaps take a useful tool or two.

Gloria opens a tool box, and takes a hammer and a screwdriver.

I would like to look for any signs of recent activity, newspapers, unclean dishes, slept in beds ect.

I would like to recall if the firestation was circled on the map.

There's a helmet on the floor, indicating that either someone left in a hurry or someone was careless.

"The fire station was not circled on the map." Congressman Bob says.

I don't think it's likely a tunnel would lead here, but nevertheless I would like to check the floor for signs of a trap door.

Are there any names on the firefighters helmets? I would like to pick up the helmet abandoned on the floor and look for an ID.

Also, can I see any spare tyres and wheels for the fire engine?

"One walks the roof at midnight"? Sounds too cryptic for me, does anyone have any idea what it could mean? Perhaps we need to be up there at midnight?

I would like to suggest heading to the next floor if everyone is ready.

Maybe it's a communist code, although I have no idea what it shall mean.

I agree to continue investigations on the second floor.

"One walks the roof at midnight"? Sounds too cryptic for me, does anyone have any idea what it could mean? Perhaps we need to be up there at midnight?

Two possible meanings spring to mind. It could be that the CIA/National Guard have a sentry posted on the roof at night, and is a warning to the commies in our group to watch out. Or the commies have been spoted on the roof, and it is a warning to the rest of us. I'm leaning toward the former, but I have no real proof.

Finding the station locked when it was unlocked previously seems suspicious. Could either Officer Fields or Officer Harrison check the locks to see if they have been picked? Heck, I guess I could take a quick look myself.

First, I'd like to check the locks on all outside doors to see if I can find evidence of a pick with my untrained eye. Then I'd like to proceed upstairs as well.

I don't think it's likely a tunnel would lead here, but nevertheless I would like to check the floor for signs of a trap door.

Are there any names on the firefighters helmets? I would like to pick up the helmet abandoned on the floor and look for an ID.

Also, can I see any spare tyres and wheels for the fire engine?

There's no indication of a trap door on the floor. Also, there's no ID on the helmets. Finally, Farmer Alan finds a spare tire for the fire engine. There's only one, however, and it would be too large to fit any other vehicle. Not that there are any other vehicles, those have all been taken away.

I would like to compare the handwriting from this note to the others we have found.

The handwriting is different.

Maybe it's a communist code, although I have no idea what it shall mean.

I agree to continue investigations on the second floor.

The group heads upstairs. There's a few bed cots on this floor, and the beds are all neatly made. There's also a small kitchen in one area, and in another there's a bookshelf and a few couches.

Two possible meanings spring to mind. It could be that the CIA/National Guard have a sentry posted on the roof at night, and is a warning to the commies in our group to watch out. Or the commies have been spoted on the roof, and it is a warning to the rest of us. I'm leaning toward the former, but I have no real proof.

Finding the station locked when it was unlocked previously seems suspicious. Could either Officer Fields or Officer Harrison check the locks to see if they have been picked? Heck, I guess I could take a quick look myself.

First, I'd like to check the locks on all outside doors to see if I can find evidence of a pick with my untrained eye. Then I'd like to proceed upstairs as well.

None of the doors appear to have been picked, however, Mayor Bradford isn't trained to determine these things. He then walks upstairs with the others.

Are there any lights on the ceiling? If so, I'd like to unscrew the bulbs to check if any thing is hidden.

There are a few hanging lights on the ceiling, but how would you like to get up there?