Sign in to follow this  
Bob

Red Scare Mystery - Chapter Eight

The knife killer looks to be separate from the shooter. If that's true, we don't want anyone to out our vigilante, do we Will?

Oh. Of course. :blush: I completely overlooked the fact that there might be a vigilante, what with this being one big mystery, not a mafia...

I disagree, Councilman. There could very well be a vigilante, and I think we should be careful with this situation. This 'vigilante' could be a great asset to Alabatha.

The knife killer looks to be separate from the shooter. If that's true, we don't want anyone to out our vigilante, do we Will?

I disagree, Councilman. There could very well be a vigilante, and I think we should be careful with this situation. This 'vigilante' could be a great asset to Alabatha.

I agree with both of you, it appears to have been a vigilante who thought Dolores was scum, but she isn't, so the vigilante will remain anonymous.

I agree with both of you, it appears to have been a vigilante who thought Dolores was scum, but she isn't, so the vigilante will remain anonymous.

I think we have a right to know why the vigilante targetted Dolores. If it because the vigilante thought she was scum but isn't, tell us why you're sure she isn't scum.

I think we have a right to know why the vigilante targetted Dolores. If it because the vigilante thought she was scum but isn't, tell us why you're sure she isn't scum.

Because, I was suspicious of her as well, so I followed her, and she didnt leave her bed the whole night.

A vigilante, huh? Funny that this presumed vigilante would choose to target a potentially useful town member, maybe our only investigator if her word is to be trusted.

A great asset, or a great danger.

Because, I was suspicious of her as well, so I followed her, and she didnt leave her bed the whole night.

Wait a minute, if what you're saying is true, then why didn't Dolores go about and seduce someone last night? She had every reason to. Something doesn't add up.

Wait a minute, if what you're saying is true, then why didn't Dolores go about and seduce someone last night? She had every reason to. Something doesn't add up.

Because I couldn't leave my room last night. I tried.

Because I couldn't leave my room last night. I tried.

I see. So you were targeted for kill, blocked and watched last night. :laugh: You certainly did draw lots of attention with your 'horizontal hustling'!

So have we decided where to go next? I was thinking about my house, but I'm open to other suggestions.

So have we decided where to go next? I was thinking about my house, but I'm open to other suggestions.

"I believe the general consensus was to head to the firehouse." Congressman Bob says.

The citizens of Alabatha begin their walk towards the firehouse.

So? She doesn't have to be a killer to be a communist. I'm not suspicious of her, but we can't simply rule it out that she can't be communist.

So? She doesn't have to be a killer to be a communist. I'm not suspicious of her, but we can't simply rule it out that she can't be communist.

Your point is valid. Now, let us go to the fire station!

Excellent, let's head for the fire station and see if we can clear up this little mystery. we are running out of time, the communists are still running rampant, and I need some coffee. I wish I brought an assistant with me, you people don't seem to appreciate my awe-inspiring investigative abilities. :hmpf_bad:

Matt pulls out his notebook and starts writing, looking around at everyone suspiciously.

Could we please have a general description of the fire station? Number of floors, entrances, any vehicles still present.

Who are our firefighters? Are there any still in town? I would like to walk with Officer Harrison and have a quick word if I may.

The firefighters fled town when the whole mess started.

I would like to look around the firehouse for different entrances.

There's four entrances to the firehouse. The giant garage door in the front, the huge doors in the back, and two smaller doors, one in the front and the other in the back.

Could we please have a general description of the fire station? Number of floors, entrances, any vehicles still present.

There's two floors to the firehouse, plus a roof. Peering through the windows, the fire engine that was there two days ago is no longer present.

img_0470.jpg

The group arrives at the firehouse.

What? Who could not have noticed a fire engine missing? Well, lets go inside and search around a bit.

I would like to go to the roof, is there any boxes or crates? Any clues to murders?

I'll see if the door is open.

If it is, then I'd like to go in and have a description of the ground floor.

Sorry for me being so quite so far, but this whole situation was quite a shock to me. Communist spies, here in the United States?

I just hope we'll be able to get them soon, before they can do any communist mischief, burning down our corn, abducting and re-educating our children, or whatever they use to do to innoncent, freedom-loving Americans. And this X-2KP thing doesn't sound very good either. :sceptic:

I'm so glad to see you back Krista, I was afraid something happened to you! :cry_happy: But hmm... have we met before? :look::grin: Maybe you should tell us a bit more about your life here!

You're joking, right? :laugh: Of course we did. I think we two are the only farmers in the surroundings, or are we?

Okay, to those who don't know me yet, I'm Krista Halle, farmer in this beautiful town.

I think this sums up my life pretty well, not very diversified, I know, but I don't need such an exciting job. :wink:

No fire engine at the firehouse. Funny...

Are there any skid marks, attesting to a quick escape? Is someone missing?

What? Who could not have noticed a fire engine missing? Well, lets go inside and search around a bit.

I would like to go to the roof, is there any boxes or crates? Any clues to murders?

I would like to look on the first floor for any weapons near the empty fire engine space.

These actions are impossible, as the doors are locked.

As always, I'd like to tap all the walls.

Stevie taps the wall on the outside, but cannot determine any anomalies.

I would like to start looking through any cupboards or filing cabinets I may see on the first floor

Again, due to the doors being locked, this action is not possible.

I'll see if the door is open.

If it is, then I'd like to go in and have a description of the ground floor.

It is not.

No fire engine at the firehouse. Funny...

Are there any skid marks, attesting to a quick escape? Is someone missing?

Peering through the windows, there are no skid marks. Nobody is currently missing either. It was probably taken by the National Guard.

Well we must find a way in.

I would like to go round the building, checking whether any door (including the garage door) or window is unlocked. Are there any crates, bins or other objects outside the station that could hide keys?

Oh and is there a fire escape ladder (or stairs) from the second floor? :grin: