Jipay

The making of a Pirate LEGO avatar

Kohrne : You didn't use the sponge tool on the border of your fig I think. Also blur the background more and re adjust the colors ;-)

Now I used the spongetool, blurred the background more and re-adjusted the colors, but I don't really see the difference :-/ .

triade.jpg

triade3.jpg

ANd if anybody cares, here's the unedited pic (!warning VERY big picture!).

Yes Corel Draw is definitly ok to make this kind of avatar (even version 6 would be ok).

Now that Corel owns Paint Shop Pro are they still releasing Corel Draw?

The two softwares are still sold under different names if this is what you wanted to know (at least on the french market).

Khorne : can I try something with your fig ?

I just made my new avatar last night.

I used regular MS Paint that comes free with windows to make the green background.

What do you guys think of it?

My guy is an excellent sword fighter, don't cross paths with him!

The two softwares are still sold under different names if this is what you wanted to know (at least on the french market).

Khorne : can I try something with your fig ?

Sure you can. Go ahead :-) .

I just created mine just now. Being me, i like taking two pictures and putting them together :D. I used photoshop, which I got from my mom. Hope you like my new avatar :).

ImperialS

jipay, you made me realize my sig and avatar was in need of some customizing... i've had plain-old-official-LEGO-box-art for too long. *sad*

its a good time to work on it too... in between forum skin designs !!! :-P

- BrickMiner

Brick Miner's new avatar looks awesome! However the foreground looks a bit washed out in comparission to the background, is this intentional or just the quality of the image?

Brick Miner's new avatar looks awesome! However the foreground looks a bit washed out in comparission to the background, is this intentional or just the quality of the image?
I think you mean his sig, since his avatar didn't change. But you're right, it does look cool. I think the washed out look is on purpose, perhaps to imitate the dust flying around in the desert ;-) .

thanks guys :-$

phes, khorne... your both right...

artistically speaking the background colors are far too saturated and draw the eye attention away from the forground (and presumably, more important) elements. not a good thing... i might go back to it, though i already stuggled a little with it a bunch.

however, i did add a lot of dust bowls at the feet of the calvary... so that created some of the washed out look... and that was on purpose.

BTW, a new avatar change is coming soon !!!

- BM

Need help! How exactly can I make smoke? Say, coming from a canon, gun, or fire? Information would really help...Thank you:)

Here you have a new avatar !

Comments and questions are welcome :-)

I meant to say something the other day, your avatar rocks the house. I love it, thats the body i would have chosen, but you have the perfect face for him, and the chicks make it classic. I love it. I don't even want an avatar because mine would be puny in comparison.... :)

i wish i could find a new CS period... lol too expensive.. and my fiance is a mac head, so cant get any software from her!

Sorry to bump an old thread, but shouldn't this be pinned for further use?

Sorry to bump an old thread, but shouldn't this be pinned for further use?

or linked to the pirate lego directory?

Need help! How exactly can I make smoke? Say, coming from a canon, gun, or fire? Information would really help...Thank you:)

smoke_tut.jpg

Hope this helps!

post-14-1156341621_thumb.jpg

Hi

I just made an avatar last nigth, nothing special it didn't took much time i used one of the backgrounds in the forum.

You were talking about software like photoshop and corel, witch are very expensive, if you like to give a try at free software you have GIMP, it is very complete and almost as powerfull as photoshop.

Gimp

smoke_tut.jpg

Hope this helps!

Thank you, thank you, thank you soooo much. I tried elsewhere but it never worked. Thanks again! Another question. How'd you make the canon ball go flying out of my canon? THanks alot again!

ImperialS

Another question. How'd you make the canon ball go flying out of my canon? THanks alot again!

I cropped the ball, copied it to a new layer and moved it to the side (and blurred it). Then I edited the background where the cannonball was missing now with the standard brush tool (don't forget to blur the edited section afterwards!).

Finally I created a third layer between the background and the layer with the ball. In this layer I copied the ball again and used the motion blur filter and set the transparence of the layer to 50%. Finally I placed the motion blurred selection under the cannon ball.

Those things are hard to describe (and probably even harder to understand when I am describing ;-) ), I would give you the following advice:

Take your graphic program and keep creating lots of different images. Experiment with all those filters, tools, layers and so on!

I'm pretty sure most of us that are familiar with graphic programs didn't visit any courses or read any tutorial books! Best way to learn to use such programs is experimenting and learning-by-doing!

And another advice: Show your creations to other people (e.g. post them here) and listen to their comments, you can learn from your mistakes and you will get new ideas and solutions this way! *y*

Thanks alot!

Edit, i just re-did the background of m sig. I'll be getting a new picture soon