Sign in to follow this  
lisqr

[MOC] Anime girl

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Inspired by brickshelf user tkh's moc, I decided to make one myself.

100_0105.jpg

Mio from anime K-on

100_0102.jpg

back

100_0110.jpg

some action

100_0114.jpg

It can stand on itself, but not very stable.

100_0118.jpg

Thanks for watching.

More on my brickshelf and flickr

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

No way! :cry_happy:

Seriously this figure looks awesome, and that's even before seeing the articulation. Great work on the face and clothing.

Excellent MOC! It looks great and has great functionality and I particularly like the fact that it is poseable. :classic:

Very well done. :thumbup:

~buddy~

Wow, I'm really impressed with this creation, not only is the building style unique, but it captures the real look of an anime girl very well. And your source inspirations are very impressive as well. Great job on his one lisqr! :thumbup:

:cry_happy: My god. I didn't believe i'd ever see anything like this done as an MOC. Very good job. I very much like how you used various turntables and hinges to provide brick-built articulation.

Now, if only I had a general guide. If so, I can see me making about 20 of these. Of course, if I post them, I'll give you full credit for design.

Edited by TheDesuComplex

:cry_happy: My god. I didn't believe i'd ever see anything like this done as an MOC. Very good job. I very much like how you used various turntables and hinges to provide brick-built articulation.

Now, if only I had a general guide. If so, I can see me making about 20 of these. Of course, if I post them, I'll give you full credit for design.

Here is my LDD draft. It's quite different from my final version, mainly due to color limitation (tan clips were never made). Some articulations are also different. But this give you a good idea of the techniques I used. I'm certain that my original inspiration didn't use my technique to invert the cheese slopes. So there could be more than one way to achieve the same effect.

Here is my LDD draft. It's quite different from my final version, mainly due to color limitation (tan clips were never made). Some articulations are also different. But this give you a good idea of the techniques I used. I'm certain that my original inspiration didn't use my technique to invert the cheese slopes. So there could be more than one way to achieve the same effect.

Thank you! I see that the top hat is missing, but I'm okay with that. I like how you designed additional heads when you where doing the draft. Also, I can tell that the purple-haired head is Tsukasa from Lucky Star ( :wub: ), but I have no idea who the brown-haired head is supposed to be- mind telling me?

Also, did you design this in Universe mode(Universe Mode Mod)? Now to go check out your MOC's structure...

Edited by TheDesuComplex

Thank you! I see that the top hat is missing, but I'm okay with that. I like how you designed additional heads when you where doing the draft. Also, I can tell that the purple-haired head is Tsukasa from Lucky Star ( :wub: ), but I have no idea who the brown-haired head is supposed to be- mind telling me?

Also, did you design this in Universe mode(Universe Mode Mod)? Now to go check out your MOC's structure...

You are welcome. I designed it in Universe mode, because a lot of bricks have never been made in the color I want, such as the brown curves.

The brown head is Haruhi Suzumiya. But her ribbon is a bit small in my version.

Oh, I see. Well, while I was waiting for your reply, I took a look at the techniques using the 'Hide Bricks' tool, and I'm going to try making one. Let's just hope Black Rock Shooter comes out looking right.