Lukemax

Image Uploading / Posting

Yep, just go to the link Prateek gave you. :classic:

Flickr is also a good photo storage site.

Sorry if I'm not supossed to ask, but can a mod "grant me permission " to have a file to store images ON EB, my reasons below,

1. I hope to become a bigtime reviewer

2. I am using a really old computer and I can't copy and paste links or pictures.

The only thing holding me back is the image storage problem (and using Brickshelf images would drain my reviewing "energy" since I can't copy and paste.). Once granted, I would put my reviewing abilities to the max!! Most of the photos used for storage would be review photos. And did I say, i have a bunch of sets to review, pictures tooken and on my computer.

Please, it's my only hope.

-Mr. Solo

Edited by sologuy369

Sorry if I'm not supossed to ask, but can a mod "grant me permission " to have a file to store images ON EB, my reasons below,

No. You're overestimating our space on the server. We have enough room for the site, some backups, and not much more. We don't have the room for hosting. I personally own my own site and I use that. If there's no room for a Root Admin let me assure you there's no room for you.

I am using a really old computer and I can't copy and paste links or pictures.

Sorry to be rude, but this is just silly. Even if you're using Windows 3.1 you can cut and paste links. What is your computer and OS?

No it's not, please use Flickr or similar.

1. I hope to become a bigtime reviewer

2. I am using a really old computer and I can't copy and paste links or pictures.

The only thing holding me back is the image storage problem (and using Brickshelf images would drain my reviewing "energy" since I can't copy and paste.). Once granted, I would put my reviewing abilities to the max!! Most of the photos used for storage would be review photos. And did I say, i have a bunch of sets to review, pictures tooken and on my computer.

-Mr. Solo

Everybody else reviews without storing images on EB. Why are you different?

There are many free sites that you cvan use like

www.flickr.com

www.photobucket.com

www.imageshack.com

Just to name a few.

Ok, no need to bite sologuy369's head off! I too am curious as to what you are running that can't copy and paste links! :wacko:

I feel that we could do reviews quicker if we could just use our computer to browse for a photo instead of deeplinking a photo. Is this a possible change you could make EB? :wacko:

Unfortunately, this would involve hosting the actual images on Eurobricks, which uses up a lot of space. More space = more money, and if many members were to do this, you could imagine how insanely high the costs would get. Eurobricks is free, and we should be thankful for that. As it is, you already get some space on the website for your own use, which varies depending upon your rank.

Sadly the board software does not seem to be based on phpbb. If some webdesigner (im not enough into php for that) could easily write a hack for the software wich places a button that leads to any imagehoster (such as imageshack, abload etc.), let you upload your picture there and automaticly places the image-link into you post. Anyone ambitioned to do that :P ?

I feel that we could do reviews quicker if we could just use our computer to browse for a photo instead of deeplinking a photo. Is this a possible change you could make EB? :wacko:

As Ricecracker has said, it would cost too much money to host them here. Deeplinking isn't hard, it's just a matter or practice. I'm sure you'll get the hang of it. I've used the uploading directly a little bit, and I don't think it's that much more convenient anyways.

I didn't even know what deeplinking was until I got involved on these boards. Now its super simple and pretty quick. You'll get the hang of it/stop worrying and learn how to love the bomb.

Another thing to make it easier for reviewing would be to number your pictures numeriaclly before uploading, then it would be much easier to deeplink by copying and pasting the deeplink and just changing the last number in the description.

As others have said to do this would involve actually hosting the image. We have no intention of ever providing enough hosting space for every member to do that. (It's possible we might increase space for long-term members.)

Sadly the board software does not seem to be based on phpbb. If some webdesigner (im not enough into php for that) could easily write a hack for the software wich places a button that leads to any imagehoster (such as imageshack, abload etc.), let you upload your picture there and automaticly places the image-link into you post. Anyone ambitioned to do that :P ?

This is possible.

hey i am new to this universe! i wanted to know how you great builders build such building details such as these!

Screen shot 2010-09-11 at 8.52.34 PM.png

/Users/finn/Desktop/Screen shot 2010-09-11 at 8.50.24 PM.png

/Users/finn/Desktop/Screen shot 2010-09-11 at 8.49.36 PM.png

if the photos dont show up please help by telling me how to put them on!

I'm a conformist!!

Thanks.

Please don't create multiple copies of the same topic throughout the forum. If you need help doing anything read here. At the moment you are providing a link that obviously refers to your computer; the internet doesn't work like that. You'll need to upload the images to a file hosting service (no, not Eurobricks, something like Flickr or Brickshelf) first.

You'll find all the information about how to post pictures in this tutorial.

Please always check the Index of Tutorials before starting a topic like this. We like to help our members, and some questions have been answered already :wink:

You'll find all the information about how to post pictures in this tutorial.

Please always check the Index of Tutorials before starting a topic like this. We like to help our members, and some questions have been answered already default_blink.gif

Im making a brickshelf account, thanks for the help.

Edited by erik530195

Hello EBer's! I need help or advice. I know this is probably a redundant topic and topic but, I cannot find the right answers anywhere and it's driving me crazy :wacko: I have been trying to upload my city, as well as, my MOCs. My problem is that all my photos that I import to my computer are all too big, 1.1-1.8mb per photo. I have tried cropping them etc to make them smaller, some getting below 1.0mb. Others not so much. What would be the best way to get these on here? Thanks in advance for any help offered! :classic:

Please read the index in here. There is a few tutorials in there which is of aid to you. Once you have done reading and if you are not clear, please drop your questions in here. Meanwhile, I will move this topic to the right place.

Hello EBer's! I need help or advice. I know this is probably a redundant topic and topic but, I cannot find the right answers anywhere and it's driving me crazy :wacko: I have been trying to upload my city, as well as, my MOCs. My problem is that all my photos that I import to my computer are all too big, 1.1-1.8mb per photo. I have tried cropping them etc to make them smaller, some getting below 1.0mb. Others not so much. What would be the best way to get these on here? Thanks in advance for any help offered! :classic:

Try opening your pictures in any photo editing software like photoshop our even paint, then simply resave then, usually that will cut down the image size because trust me no one will want to wait for a handful of 1.5 mb pictures to load.

A second alternative is to open a flickr account and host them there. Flickr does you the favor of uploading your giant image and then giving you multiple sizes to choose from when hotlinking it to a post.

Please read the index in here. There is a few tutorials in there which is of aid to you. Once you have done reading and if you are not clear, please drop your questions in here. Meanwhile, I will move this topic to the right place.

Thanks for the help Big Cam and Whitefang. I read through the the index but, ran into another issue. I have a MAC book :hmpf: and am still learning how to use it. It is completely different than my old PC... Anyone know how to resize with this system? I have tried using the iPhoto software but can't find the picture resize function.

Edited by Leg Godt Gud

Thanks for the help Big Cam and Whitefang. I read through the the index but, ran into another issue. I have a MAC book :hmpf: and am still learning how to use it. It is completely different than my old PC... Anyone know how to resize with this system? I have tried using the iPhoto software but can't find the picture resize function.

Unfortunately I have zero experience with macs, but I did a quick google search and I think you donte even need to use iphoto.

1. Have the image on your desktop an a then click to open it, make sure it opens in preview.

2. Go to tools.

3. Find adjust size...

4. ........

5. Profit :grin:

If that doesn't work you can always use www.picresize.com which is free and internet based so I'm sure it will work with your mac, at least I assume so.

Unfortunately I can not expose the .jpg pictures...error: You are not allowed to use that image extension on this board.

Example picture:

Example

Size: 51k, ext: jpg

Why?

I looked through the help, but it not help...:cry_sad:

Thanks in advance for any help offered! :classic:

Edited by hunspatz

I looked through the help, but it not help...:cry_sad:

Thanks in advance for any help offered! :classic:

Since you're using flickr, this is how you do it:

Right-click on the photo > choose Medium 640 > right-click again on the photo > choose 'Copy Image Location' > edit your post, click the Insert Image icon (picture.png), then paste the copied URL > your photo is deeplinked! Like this one:

5420320481_3f16e9f1c0_z.jpg

Hope that helps! :wink:

-----------------------------

Now that we on are on the topic of uploading photos, maybe it's time to update the tutorial using flickr? If I remember right, that topic by Shadows uses brickshelf as an example. Maybe it would help if we also put how to use flickr in deeplinking photos here in EB. Just my humble suggestion. :classic:

Since you're using flickr, this is how you do it:

Right-click on the photo > choose Medium 640 > right-click again on the photo > choose 'Copy Image Location' > edit your post, click the Insert Image icon (picture.png), then paste the copied URL > your photo is deeplinked! Like this one:

5420320481_3f16e9f1c0_z.jpg

Hope that helps! :wink:

Thanks, Succeeded :wink::sweet: