ACPin

Tatooine Rancor

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Loosely based from the Hasbro Rancor action figure in minifig scale.

5350453975_0ed2ff4aca.jpg

As usual, click the pic for more details...

AC

And the awesome MOCs continue. I really like the nose and the teeth, and the hands are uncannily similar to the movie :thumbup:

Another awesome creation AC, the overall bulky body build of this brick-built Rancor is very accurate, and quite effective use of those slope pieces to resemble the ridged forehead of the 'real' Rancor. Great work as always! (And it's just a matter of time before this gets blogged). :thumbup:

BTW, is there any chance you could take a photo of a minifig beside it? I'd be curious to see the relative height of this monster.

Thats soo cool and realistic, and relly awesome 100% of the way, how poseable is it? and to bad he can't open his mouth.

And the awesome MOCs continue. I really like the nose and the teeth, and the hands are uncannily similar to the movie :thumbup:

Just added in the description about where the design was derived from.

Another awesome creation AC, the overall bulky body build of this brick-built Rancor is very accurate, and quite effective use of those slope pieces to resemble the ridged forehead of the 'real' Rancor. Great work as always! (And it's just a matter of time before this gets blogged). :thumbup:

BTW, is there any chance you could take a photo of a minifig beside it? I'd be curious to see the relative height of this monster.

A minifig would be two studs below the knee and you'll eventually see more next time. :wink:

Nice job! The detail is nice, but the legs look a little bit too thin. Great job though!

Not if you look at it from the side views.

Thats soo cool and realistic, and relly awesome 100% of the way, how poseable is it? and to bad he can't open his mouth.

Posing is a bit of a problem as the head is too heavy and the click hinges don't hold at all. I might still do some mods in the future.

He looks fantastic, and also it seems minifigure scale :classic:

Yes, it is in minifig scale.

Beautiful job, ACPin. Only thing is that I think it almost looks like it should be a bit more hunched over.

Excellent work, the work on the face and head is especially fantastic. :thumbup:

You have done it again 'ACPin', another AWESOME creation......excellent teeth and well, pretty much as close as you are going to get to the one in ROTJ ! :wink:

Great work again and may the brick be with you ! :yoda:

A fantastic MOC as usual, AC! :classic:

Great work on this one. Like Brickdoctor said, though, I think it should be a bit hunched over aswell. But other than that, amazing work, looking forward to the next MOCs of yours..

:thumbup:

~ General Magma

Another stunning piece of art AC.

When looking at the other pics I must say that the back is brilliantly done.

I love it! Especially the claws and the mouth... awesome, awesome, ACPin. You greatly pulled off a realistic-looking texture and somehow you managed to make it look extremely mean and dangerous. I'm very impressed! :thumbup:

Is it the picture angle? The rancor looks like it is not hunched over, like in the movie or how I see rancors in Force Unleashed or CW.

otherwise great MOC.

Beautiful job, ACPin. Only thing is that I think it almost looks like it should be a bit more hunched over.

That was my first thought as well. It still is a fantastic MOC. I love the mouth and the hands. I always thought a good rancor would need to be done in a Bionicle Titan style, but you have proved me wrong.

Posing is a bit of a problem as the head is too heavy and the click hinges don't hold at all. I might still do some mods in the future.

See posing problems above.

Great moc. It's a very nice job. :thumbup:

:sweet:

Excellent work, the work on the face and head is especially fantastic. :thumbup:

That was the first part that I worked at with the Hasbro Rancor beside me at all times.

Whoa! Outstanding work on the face! *oh2*

^Ditto^

You have done it again 'ACPin', another AWESOME creation......excellent teeth and well, pretty much as close as you are going to get to the one in ROTJ ! :wink:

Great work again and may the brick be with you ! :yoda:

That's why I've used a better model to work with.

Great creation I absolutely love the hands and head! :wub:

After the head, the hands were done next.

A fantastic MOC as usual, AC! :classic:

Great work on this one. Like Brickdoctor said, though, I think it should be a bit hunched over aswell. But other than that, amazing work, looking forward to the next MOCs of yours..

:thumbup:

~ General Magma

See post on posing problems above.

Another stunning piece of art AC.

When looking at the other pics I must say that the back is brilliantly done.

At last I've finally found some good use for those speeder bike clips. :grin:

I love it! Especially the claws and the mouth... awesome, awesome, ACPin. You greatly pulled off a realistic-looking texture and somehow you managed to make it look extremely mean and dangerous. I'm very impressed! :thumbup:

Again it started with a very good reference model to work with. :classic:

Is it the picture angle? The rancor looks like it is not hunched over, like in the movie or how I see rancors in Force Unleashed or CW.

otherwise great MOC.

Not the angle but posing problems.

That was my first thought as well. It still is a fantastic MOC. I love the mouth and the hands. I always thought a good rancor would need to be done in a Bionicle Titan style, but you have proved me wrong.

You'll see more of it next time. :wink:

AC

Wow this is amazing, great looking Rancor, the best I've seen in brickform, excellent job ACPin.

Amasing yet again, ACPin! Any inacuracees are in the pose, which you've already stated reasons for. Seriously- is there anything you can't MOC?

Wow this is amazing, great looking Rancor, the best I've seen in brickform, excellent job ACPin.

Again it starts with a good reference model to work with. :sweet:

That's pretty good looking! You executed the mouth very well. Nice work overall. :thumbup:

First to be done and the head just followed after. :grin:

Amasing yet again, ACPin! Any inacuracees are in the pose, which you've already stated reasons for. Seriously- is there anything you can't MOC?

The posing issues will be resolved the next time that it will make an appearance. :wink:

Yes, there are but they don't get posted as they're rebuilt until I'm satisfied. :wacko: The head on this alone took a couple of days before it was done.

AC