Rook

Rook Runner

Wow, that's one massive and beautiful piece of art, you have done it again Rook, congratulations on this latest masterpiece of yours! :thumbup: The sheer size and details are a sight to behold, it must've taken you so much time, effort, and resources just to complete this project. Excellent work, you never cease to amaze us! :sweet:

It has a bunch of Easter Eggs in too if anyone is bored:

Rook’s Username

Bricktober Tiles

Fan based Lego Frog Space Theme

Space Theme

Harrison Ford as Han Solo

Atlantis Theme

Toy Story Theme

Fan based Lego Halo Theme

And about dozen other Lego community members SigFigs

Customs from:

www.CloneArmyCustoms.com : won thanks contest sponsered by Wuzzupbob

www.BrickArms.com : won thanks contest sponsered by the enigma that is badger

www.BrickForge.com : puchased

www.FineClonier.com : won thanks contest sponsered by MMBC

Edited by Rook

incredible, fantastic, amazing that is so cool but could you put some pictures of the inside if there is any interior to take pictures of

Really nice, reminds me of all those huge capital ships you'd see people making years ago...

Only criticism I have is, the back look really busy. Maybe it's all the black. But other than that it looks super fun.

Wow! One thing, could you stand next to it or put a penny next to it for size because it's kinda hard to tell.

Great Job!

See the TIE windscreens along the sides? A penny is about the size of the innermost printed ring.

This is an amazing MOC, Rook!

what is the total weight and approx. brick count of the beast ?

I am curious about these stats as well--especially weight!

-Toa Of Justice

Wow! One thing, could you stand next to it or put a penny next to it for size because it's kinda hard to tell.

Great Job!

Yeah take a bunch of 2x(whatevers) plates and make a 200 stud long measuring stick. Turn it up on end and you'll get a feel for how big it actually is. :thumbup:

PS: I see no one has commented about finding my user name hidden in the MOC yet.

Really nice, reminds me of all those huge capital ships you'd see people making years ago...

Only criticism I have is, the back look really busy. Maybe it's all the black. But other than that it looks super fun.

Totally agree. I have a lot Lego but not quite a enough. :grin: I've talked about building in the 100 stud range for a while so that I avoid running out of pieces. :blush:

incredible, fantastic, amazing that is so cool but could you put some pictures of the inside if there is any interior to take pictures of

Bottom of original post has gallery link.

Edited by Rook

Ok final update! :(

And like all good things...

SWAN DIVE!:P

IMG_2275.jpg

Lots of sorting to do.

Should give you the chance to easily find out how heavy that thing was.

What's up next?

A well deserved MOC holiday?

And like all good things...

SWAN DIVE!:P

You're far worse than I am! At least I keep my MOCs for about a month before they're deconstructed. It took you three months to build and just kept it for more than two weeks before this! :laugh:

But I know how that feels as I've done the same after completing an MOC which you've been staring at for soooo many days. You just want to get it over and done. :grin:

AC

You're far worse than I am! At least I keep my MOCs for about a month before they're deconstructed. It took you three months to build and just kept it for more than two weeks before this! :laugh:

But I know how that feels as I've done the same after completing an MOC which you've been staring at for soooo many days. You just want to get it over and done. :grin:

Huh. Somehow for me, the dios and vigs are not problem taking apart, but then it's the little things like my Snowspeeder with their really complex yet compact inner structures that I can't bear to take apart.

This final update is very interssing, your skills to organize bricks with such harmony of colors in an artistic chaos is impressive :laugh:

AC

I've only just begun dismantling the Yavin IV MOC I did for LEGOWorld last year.

Thanks for all the comments. I really enjoyed making this. 8 Lessons learned:

1. I still don't own enough Lego.

2. More dettachable parts is better.

3. Hard angles outside makes for hard angles inside.

4. Next years will be more modular.

5. Larger doors are better.

6. This years BIG MOC failed to make front page on TBB.

7. I am still not as good as I want to be.

8. If you don't have it, order it.

Thanks for all the comments. I really enjoyed making this. 8 Lessons learned:

1. I still don't own enough Lego.

Think we can all relate to that. :laugh:

Huh. Somehow for me, the dios and vigs are not problem taking apart, but then it's the little things like my Snowspeeder with their really complex yet compact inner structures that I can't bear to take apart.

I usually wind up taking them apart brick by brick- using those pieces I can't find anywhere else. Uusally though it comes to the time when it looks little like the original and I just tear it apart.