Sign in to follow this  
Toa_Of_Justice

Hoverlego

UPDATE - Dec. 13, 2011: Real pics have been added--see this post.

After seeing the Assoluto Pronzione in Ridge Racer 7, I was inspired to build my own racing hovercar, the Hoverlego (pronounced huh-VER-leh-GO).

00_main_eb.png

^Click for Brickshelf gallery.^

Click here to download the LXF file.

The Hoverlego features the following:

• Four spinning, directable fans (each can rotate 360 degrees)
  • Three maneuvering flaps (two side wings and one tail rudder)
  • Opening cockpit
  • Clear elements on the bottom to simulate hovering
  • Female pilot (Veronica)

This model was made entirely within Design byME, so it's buyable! :grin:

-Toa Of Justice

P.S. I know the Hoverlego doesn't resemble the Pronzione much, but it's not meant to--it's supposed to be my own design.

Edited by Toa_Of_Justice

Wow, I simply love this Hovercar, excellent futuristic design in very regal all-red color scheme. :wub: Outstanding work! :thumbup: And thanks for sharing the LXF, do you mind if I use some of the elements of this hovercraft for future speeder MOCs?

Wow, I simply love this Hovercar, excellent futuristic design in very regal all-red color scheme. :wub: Outstanding work! :thumbup: And thanks for sharing the LXF, do you mind if I use some of the elements of this hovercraft for future speeder MOCs?

Thanks, KielDaMan! :grin: Yes, you (and everyone else) may borrow whatever elements you wish, but it would be nice if you (and everyone else) gave me credit for my original hovercar design. :wink:

-Toa Of Justice

I’m totally not a fan of LDD. But this actually looks good. And surprisingly you made it look good in LDD. :thumbup:

I’m totally not a fan of LDD. But this actually looks good. And surprisingly you made it look good in LDD. :thumbup:

Thanks! :grin: The good looks are probably due to the new brick shading and outlining abilities of LDD4--I set mine at maximum for taking screenshots of the Hoverlego.

-Toa Of Justice

I realize it's been nearly a year since I posted this MOC. I bought the Hoverlego from Design byME in early February, but I never got around to photographing it until now. Besides being busy with college work back then, here's why...

One day, I discovered that the tail rudder was not on straight. That was because the rear mounting posts were misaligned. I later discovered that there were two variants of the piece I used for the top mounting post (Plate, Modified 1 x 2 with Arm Up)--one with an horizontal arm length of 6mm, and another of 5mm. After taking some measurements, I confirmed that LEGO had sent me the 6mm variant, which was out of alignment with the bottom mounting post (Plate, Modified 1 x 4 with Arm Down).

I promptly scoured my collection to see whether I had any spare 5mm variants. Unfortunately, the only one I seemed to have was lodged deeply in 5983 SP Undercover Cruiser, and it had to stay there for that model to function properly. Thankfully, I discovered an amazing BrickLink store called NEBUCHANDNEZZA, whose owner differentiated between the two variants. Since that store had many other parts I needed, I placed an order, explaining the need for the 5mm variant. The owner graciously measured the part for me, and it was in fact 5mm. At the owner's request, I have taken real pictures of the Hoverlego.

Click any picture (except the front and back views of the model itself) to enlarge it.

01_hoverlego_box_front.jpg

02_hoverlego_box_back.jpg

03_hoverlego_3-4_view.jpg

04_hoverlego_front.jpg

05_hoverlego_back.jpg

06_hoverlego_side.jpg

07_hoverlego_top.jpg

08_hoverlego_bottom.jpg

I made a few changes on the bottom from the original version for extra stability while on display (the two additional clear boat studs help keep the front and rear elevated).

09_hoverlego_cockpit_open_and_pilot.jpg

10_hoverlego_cockpit.jpg

11_hoverlego_magic_flight.jpg

Here's the Hoverlego flying...

12_hoverlego_magic_revealed.jpg

...sort of. :blush:

Click here to return to the original post with the LDD version.

-Toa Of Justice

Future Ferrari? :tongue:

Looks great! :sweet:

Thanks! :classic: I admit that the Hoverlego looks something like a Ferrari Formula 1 racer (not necessarily my intent--it just turned out that way), and who knows, maybe someday F1 cars will fly...

-Toa Of Justice