5269409745_409865ebc2.jpg

5269409751_fdbe133b5b.jpg

5269409757_466b0f05f8.jpg

5269409767_f2cc6e44dd.jpg

5269409771_fc94eeb451.jpg

5269409779_a23cc6dd6e.jpg

Extras.

5268690247_2c6ffb5dbf.jpg

Design 7/10 - I've never seen this ship, but after looking it up, it has the general shape and colors.

Playability 8/10 - Opening cockpit, side doors, and hidden crate. Nice VTOL (Vertical Take Off and Landing) mechanism too.

Build 6/10 - It's a fairly strait forward build with no new techniques, but it's not repetitive, so that boosts the score a bit.

Minifigs 8/10 - Embo and Aurra steal the show for this set. Aurra's head piece is very stable, and is made out of the ABS plastic we all love. The assassin droid and Sugi are fairly boring figures compared to the others, but are very much welcomed to my collection.

Pieces 8/10 - Wonderful pieces all around. There are lots of dk. green pieces, that make this set an awesome parts pack. The new 1x4 dk. bley plate with 2 studs is another interesting piece as well.

Price 5/10 - 111 pieces below what equals $50. Since it's SW though, it gets an average score, since all (SW) sets seem to lack a decent price for piece ratio.

Overall 42/60 - It's an average set, but the figures make this set shine. I have no idea what it is, but I know it will have some shelf life. Now it's time for it to collect some dust. :laugh:

Edited by KimT

They can print the guy's HAT but none of the pieces on the ship?

Regarding the review, I think a lot of people want to see more pictures of the ship's features and less of the parts.

Great review. I like the figs, and the US price isn't too bad. As for the Canadian price.... :sceptic:

Nice review. The parts selection looks good, but I'd never keep that set together and that DSS looks like it'll have very few other uses as far as canon SW is concerned.

I think this looks like it will be one of the best sets in the wave. The minifigs are terrific, with the exception of the assassin droid :hmpf_bad: . The ship seems to be pretty solid and does have some nice detail. But its really the minifigs that shine out. Embo is incredible, so much detail and from the far away pictures the print on the back of his head looks so real. Sugi and Aurra look good and they are really solid figs. But I dont know why a bounty hunter would only carry a knife :wacko: . There bounty hunters I thought they were merciless?

Good review. The minifigures are what this set is about!

By the way, would you mind taking a few pictures of the gunship, such as different angles of it and interior views? It would make the review even better. :classic:

Regarding the review, I think a lot of people want to see more pictures of the ship's features and less of the parts.

Good review. The minifigures are what this set is about!

By the way, would you mind taking a few pictures of the gunship, such as different angles of it and interior views? It would make the review even better. :classic:

Done, and done. I also added nicer pictures of the figs. :classic:

Looking good! The figures are quite good lookin. Does is have any cool functions? Your review looks okay as well.

If you pull the tail back the wings flip into a horizontal position, and the cockpit has some compartments. Pretty nice functions in my opinion. :thumbup:

Well done review 501st Commando, thanks for sharing! :thumbup: The minifigures are definitely the 'stars' of this set, all those prints are really accurate (though I still would've wanted Sugi to have her signature T-shaped ponytail). The gunship is just alright, not that spectacular for me and just decent at the very best.

I do like this set, and all the dark green!default_wubnew.gif However I dont like the fact that the price is $50. 389 pieces for $50?

I dunno, that Embo looks nice, but I despise all the other figuresdefault_sceptic.gif

Because its part of a minifig, and Lego would get trolled if they put stickers on a minifig (well they have in the past, see Blue Transport Bus). We are used to getting stickers put on bricks, even if we dont like it that much. But stickers on minifigs, we would all call megablocks. Most of us dont like the stickers, but sometimes its for the best, then we actually get useable new pieces for MOCs and they dont have weird prints that only correlate to one set.

EDIT: What is the little room for underneath the cockpit? Does it house anything or is it just an empty space?

Edited by Roncanator

EDIT: What is the little room for underneath the cockpit? Does it house anything or is it just an empty space?

Its supposed to be a place where you put the other figures inside, but they don't even fit in properly :sceptic:

Edited by ceroknight

Thanks for the great review 501st Commando!

The ship isn't a major buy for me, but Im definitely buying those figs. :wub: TLG seem to have outdone themselves this coming year with figs!

Thanks again for the review!

CF

Its supposed to be a place where you put the other figures inside, but they don't even fit in properly :sceptic:

Well that's a lot of good. :hmpf_bad:

Honestly, I'm not too surprised about the choice of stickers for this set; the dk. green would be hard to print well atop dk bley, and TLG has shown they have nothing against the stickering of curved pieces. (Solar Sailor used the stickers on the same curved piece as this set, and the Midi MF stickered a cone)

First off, thanks for the review.

Still not particularly drawn to this set though, an interesting design but parts seem to be few in number and nothing really special, though I like the dark green bits.

Do like the grate bit on the back of the cockpit, hadn't noticed before but it gives the section below the cockpit a little prison idea. Which is neat and I reckon a great playability function. Somewhere to stash your baddies/goodies.

Still keeping this one low on the list of sets to get. It's really all about the mini-figures it seems which are as amazing as they initially seemed.

This is a very nice set. The minifigures are really cool, and they look like they would be a very nice addition to my collection, but I am still debating whether or not I want to buy this.

Because its part of a minifig, and Lego would get trolled if they put stickers on a minifig (well they have in the past, see Blue Transport Bus). We are used to getting stickers put on bricks, even if we dont like it that much. But stickers on minifigs, we would all call megablocks. Most of us dont like the stickers, but sometimes its for the best, then we actually get useable new pieces for MOCs and they dont have weird prints that only correlate to one set.

Great review. Like the minifigs, even though I'm not into CW at all.

I agree with this the above in general, but to do what is essentially a full wrap of green with grey line over green brick seems overkill. Just make the grey an overlay. I understand this seems to be the trend across most of the lego lines, but it's a direction I wish they would seriously look at getting away from, or back to what we were used to back in early 90s. A few stickers are cool, what we are getting here, a bit much.

I guess this isn't a new argument, but the engines bother me here more than most.

Well, i can't say that this set is one of my favorites. I do like the figures though, and the parts selection, but the vehicle and the price just don't do it for me. For a $50 dollar set, this doesn't come with much.

So the cockpit is single fig? Or is it a dual seater.. I think it is the former, but I am not sure...

Thanks '501st Commando' for this review of a COOL ship and even COOLER figures (that's 3 of the 4 though....guess which one is plain and basic eh ?....think droid ! :laugh: ).

I hope Sing's hair piece stays put, but what not to love about these new bounty hunter figures....even if it CW they are so detailed !

On shopping list this one is......so may the brick be with you ! :yoda:

Great review. I like the figs, and the US price isn't too bad. As for the Canadian price.... :sceptic:

Great review too! Let's see the european-spanish price... i would be happy if it only was 50€...

Thanks for the review. I quite like this ship, If I had money to spare I'd possibly break my OT obsession and buy it. I particularly like Aurra Sing's hair.

But this raises questions for me - I've not seen any of CW Season 3 yet, but as far as I know these bounty hunters only appeared once. Does this mean they're likely to make a comeback? Or did big George insist on having this set because the episode was inspired by his beloved Seven Samurai. I sort of hope that this set is sat on George's desk and he swooshes it when nobody else is looking.