• Below average
    • Poor
  2. 2. How do you rate this review?

• Outstanding
    • Above average
    • Average
    • Below average
    • Poor

Great review. Finally these come out. I can't wait for the SE ones to come out, I want the Battle of Geonosis. That and the ARF trooper could be one of the best clones ever made. I guess we'll find out and see on that one.

Yay, this is the first 2011 SW review!

Thanks Gen. Magma! The set looks decent, nice room to modify. The figs will be the reason I'll be getting this set though, man are they beauts! :wub:

Thanks again for the great review!

CF

Thanks everyone, good to see that my first review turns out to be liked. :classic:

Thanks General Magma for the review, do the Gungan heads come in their own separate bags?

Yes, similair to the Ewok headpieces from 8038 Battle of Endor.

but I feel like they also should have included some Naboo Royal Guards. I mean the set is called The Battle of Naboo, and there were more than Gungans in the battle. This would have been a great opportunity for Lego to redesign the Naboo speeder and include some redesigned guards. These are also figures that have been underrepresented which is unfortunate considering how cool they are in the movie.

Well, there should be new Naboo Royal Guards, but this was the Battle of Grassy Plains.

I don't recall seeing any Naboo Royal Guards there. But who knows, we might get a Theed set in the future..

Well I'm sure there is but can't tell you what it is I don't know because I don't know what I don't know. In order to write what I don't know here, I'd have to know it, and then I wouldn't not know it anymore. :laugh:

Haha, true. :laugh:

~ General Magma

Hmmm

I still don't like the colour but the amount of droids is good. Might have to give away the silly gunguns though. And a nice way of joining the rack to the transports. Still nothing like the real transport come on TLG.

Hmmm

I still don't like the colour but the amount of droids is good. Might have to give away the silly gunguns though. And a nice way of joining the rack to the transports. Still nothing like the real transport come on TLG.

Ugh, TLG can't actually make a full sized carrier. If they did, they couldn't include the 112 battle droids so they would cut it down to 8 or 10 (like this) and people would complain.

IMO just MOD it to how you like it. I'm sure many other people will do the same.

Great Review by the way. Question; are Jar Jar's arms the same colour as he Darth Vader arms from Palpatines Shuttle?

Great Review by the way. Question; are Jar Jar's arms the same colour as he Darth Vader arms from Palpatines Shuttle?

Thanks, and yes. The arms are dark flesh.

As you can see on this picture, it's actually accurate:

gungan.jpg

~ General Magma

Edited by General Magma

Nice to see a review of this set so early - thanks :thumbup:

The new Gungan print looks ace - the back is even better than I'd previously thought. I will have to buy this set because my daughter loves Binks :angry:! But the carrier will just sit in her wardobe until I steal it for parts :devil: .

Hmmm

I think it was too small to add anything more, and personally I'm okay with it given the nice price.

Thanks for the review! The set itself is decent, I'm going to get multiples. :devil:

I'm debating whether to. I like the set and it's a great army builder, but I've already got 60+ B1s and $50 for 4 Gungans isn't that great. If there was a kaadu and another Gungan, I would definitely get three or four.

Thanks for this review. Our first of the January wave. Very nice pictures. Can't wait until Its available in Vermont(prbably one of the last places to get Legos :hmpf_bad: ) I love the Gungans, and lots of nice droids :wub: . I will probably get 2 of this great set.

Great review :thumbup:

This is a incredibly good set. I think it could have been made batter if it Incuded a Kaddu for the Gungan Warrior, But I do have a few of the original ones spare which is lucky :classic:

The Carrier itself doesn't do much for me, But It has a nice selection of parts and some nice MODing posiblities, and the Figs are lovely. I'm overall very happy with this set. I'm hoping there's some good sales on it. If It got low enough, I might end up getting up to 10 of these for the Figs. Absolutely lovely :cry_happy:

Thanks for the great Review :classic:

I built this set this afternoon, and ended up liking it more than I thought I would. I'd be happy to never build a battle droid again, but the pilot body prints look so much better than the old ones. I like the carrier, and it should be a piece of cake to duplicate/MOD. I really like the colors used in the transport. I'm not a big fan of "ground" vehicles in SW, but it's good, and I think everyone will like it.

What more can be said about the gungans? I personally.... don't like... Jar Jar, but they look incredible, especially when next to the old Jar Jar. The shield is beautiful. I also like that the box seemed to be a more reasonable size, with perhaps a little less Billund air than we're used to.

A great set, and everyone who is looking forward to this should be pleased- great for army building.

Roger, Roger!

I built this set this afternoon, and ended up liking it more than I thought I would. I'd be happy to never build a battle droid again, but the pilot body prints look so much better than the old ones. I like the carrier, and it should be a piece of cake to duplicate/MOD. I really like the colors used in the transport. I'm not a big fan of "ground" vehicles in SW, but it's good, and I think everyone will like it.

What more can be said about the gungans? I personally.... don't like... Jar Jar, but they look incredible, especially when next to the old Jar Jar. The shield is beautiful. I also like that the box seemed to be a more reasonable size, with perhaps a little less Billund air than we're used to.

A great set, and everyone who is looking forward to this should be pleased- great for army building.

Roger, Roger!

Good to hear. But don't complain about building B1s until you've done an MTT and 6 droid BPs in one day. :laugh:

Good to hear. But don't complain about building B1s until you've done an MTT and 6 droid BPs in one day. :laugh:

Well, I built the battle droids to show them in this review, and when I was done, I took them apart. :tongue:

The reason for that is that after a while, the body parts get weaker after being built for a certain amount of time.

So, all of the pieces for my battle droids are stored in a large ziplock bag. It's a pain to build them all up when I need them again,

but atleast the joints won't get weaker if they are unused most of the time.

~ General Magma

Thanks, and yes. The arms are dark flesh.

As you can see on this picture, it's actually accurate:

>snip<

~ General Magma

They are accurate, theres just something I don't like about different colours for arms and torsos.

They are accurate, theres just something I don't like about different colours for arms and torsos.

Well, it may seem weird, but it actually looks pretty nice in person, to me.

~ General Magma

Well, I built the battle droids to show them in this review, and when I was done, I took them apart. :tongue:

The reason for that is that after a while, the body parts get weaker after being built for a certain amount of time.

So, all of the pieces for my battle droids are stored in a large ziplock bag. It's a pain to build them all up when I need them again,

but atleast the joints won't get weaker if they are unused most of the time.

~ General Magma

Really? I would think that it would put more stress on them because the pieces aren't stressed when properly attached but you have to stress them momentarily to attach them.

Well, it may seem weird, but it actually looks pretty nice in person, to me.

~ General Magma

I like them too, although just plain tan would've been fine.

I would think that it would put more stress on them because the pieces aren't stressed when properly attached but you have to stress them momentarily to attach them.

Really? I thought the arm, leg and head joints would eventually get weaker after a certain amount of time being connected to the figures..

If this isn't the case, I may want to mod my MTT and the droid carrier to hold more droids, don't want 'em laying around everywhere. Does anybody else know more about this? Would be helpful.

~ General Magma

Really? I thought the arm, leg and head joints would eventually get weaker after a certain amount of time being connected to the figures..

If this isn't the case, I may want to mod my MTT and the droid carrier to hold more droids, don't want 'em laying around everywhere. Does anybody else know more about this? Would be helpful.

~ General Magma

Well for example, on my B2s, (which are much more prone to breakage) I try never to take them apart because they seem stressed when attaching limbs.

Well for example, on my B2s, (which are much more prone to breakage) I try never to take them apart because they seem stressed when attaching limbs.

Yeah, all of my B2s have always been assembled. The material makes sure that they aren't loose, though. (Atleast for me)

A (pretty) long time ago, not in a galaxy far, far away - just on earth, I saw my B1s getting weaker over the time.

So, I decided to store all of them in ziplock bags. I don't know if I should have all of them put back together or not..

Also, it always seemed to me that they could even get weaker when folded up like that in the MTT.

~ General Magma

Yeah, all of my B2s have always been assembled. The material makes sure that they aren't loose, though. (Atleast for me)

A (pretty) long time ago, not in a galaxy far, far away - just on earth, I saw my B1s getting weaker over the time.

So, I decided to store all of them in ziplock bags. I don't know if I should have all of them put back together or not..

Also, it always seemed to me that they could even get weaker when folded up like that in the MTT.

~ General Magma

Huh. Hasn't happened to me, but I'm not one to constantly play with and rotate my B1s joints.

Has that happened to anyone else?