Sign in to follow this  
the enigma that is badger

BrickArms Musket Prototype

Well, I just hope it will be soon and that they won't stop at that musket, but rather create a number of historical weapons from that era. I believe that it would be reasonable to do so, considering the number of modern weapons already made for Lego.

Too many M16's, AK-47's, MP5's, Glocks etc. It is time to build some muskets, carbines, cannons, howitzers and the rest of the historical weapons used in Russo-Turkish wars, Napoleonic wars etc.

Not everyone wants muskets and cannons. If there was a massive demand for pirate era weapons Will would probably gear the BrickArms lineup with those type of items.

I just don't know what are they waiting for to start selling it and earning some $$$..??

It takes time to add an item to the line up. Its not as simple as 1.2.3 One has to design the item, tweek the item and make enough to sustain the demand for them.

Whatever. I just hope that the BrickArms guys are actually reading this stuff. We need that musket before Xmas.

Why do we need it before Christmas? It would make more scene to release it in the New Year. With the holidays coming up I know that I wouldn't be able to afford another order.

You should read the quote that Phred brought into this discussion again. It talks all about the process of making an item for the lineup.

Edited by Ratshot

Not everyone wants muskets and cannons. If there was a massive demand for pirate era weapons Will would probably gear the BrickArms lineup with those type of items.

Not exactly. Pirate community is great and we crave for some custom made weapons. Not everyone is writing on the forum, but the general opinion is that it is time we get our share of customized goods. In fact, not many people that are fans of Lego are actually interested in WWII and modern weapons. You can't buy a regular Lego set and put an AK-47 in the hands of the captain Hook. Or make a castle and lay a siege with a couple of panzerfausts..o.O..seriously..This is a Pirate forum and I believe that people in here will tell you that there Is a demand for the pirate era weapons. It would be foolish to think otherwise. Wait until you finish that musket of yours (decide to start it's mass production) and then compare the profit you will make by selling it to the one of the phaser pistol or MP5 or whatever. It is foolish to cover only one part of the Lego community thus neglecting all others, pirates included.

Why before Xmas you ask? Maybe because some people buy gifts for their loved ones..?

If it takes 1 year for a musket, and you have roughly speaking around 40 modern weapons, does it mean that it took you 40 years to design them, tweak them and make them for the lineup? I hardly think so..

Your biggest mistake is to believe that there is no demand, hence making even a bigger one of depriving our community from the supply. Sapienti sat.

CaptTree where do you get your figures on the demand for these items?

"I" would think that these small third party companies run very low profit margins and there for must be careful about the production of a new element for many reasons.

Modern weapons are popular because TLG don't really cover them but Pirates have been armed from day one.

Perhaps just wait and see....... "a watched kettle never boils".

PS. I'm a huge pirate fan and I'm not going to replace all my weapons and having one or two odd rifles seems a bit wierd to me......That said yes the flintlock looks great.

Great? Are you kidding? That's an understatement! I just don't know what are they waiting for to start selling it and earning some $$$..??

Someone's a fan. :tongue: Usually Brickarms releases several weapons at a time, the next wave may be early 2011, though I'm only basing that on the pattern of the previous releases.

Not exactly. Pirate community is great and we crave for some custom made weapons. Not everyone is writing on the forum, but the general opinion is that it is time we get our share of customized goods. In fact, not many people that are fans of Lego are actually interested in WWII and modern weapons. You can't buy a regular Lego set and put an AK-47 in the hands of the captain Hook. Or make a castle and lay a siege with a couple of panzerfausts..o.O..seriously..This is a Pirate forum and I believe that people in here will tell you that there Is a demand for the pirate era weapons. If it takes 1 year for a musket, and you have roughly speaking around 40 modern weapons, does it mean that it took you 40 years to design them, tweak them and make them for the lineup? I hardly think so..

Well I'm not Badger and I don't know much about statistics but Lego has done a lot more modern sets than Pirates. You can't put muskets and cannons in King Arthers table or a Police Vs. Mafia MOC. That is a problem with some weapons, they are specific to a certain area. Also, while it might take a year to design, you can design multable guns each year. Finally, you should by the bayonet if you like pirate weapons so much. It looks great on an army of Redcoats and really gives you that advantage. pirate_devg1.gif

Well I'm not Badger and I don't know much about statistics but Lego has done a lot more modern sets than Pirates. You can't put muskets and cannons in King Arthers table or a Police Vs. Mafia MOC. That is a problem with some weapons, they are specific to a certain area. Also, while it might take a year to design, you can design multable guns each year. Finally, you should by the bayonet if you like pirate weapons so much. It looks great on an army of Redcoats and really gives you that advantage. pirate_devg1.gif

To tell you the truth, I am not aware of any LEGO sets which are covering WWII or Seal/Commando/SAS/GIGN/Specnaz

era and still there are customized weapons for them. If you are referring to the City and it's subcategory Police then I have to disappoint you, but police intervention forces do not use Barret, Grenade launchers or silenced pistols. I won't even comment the WWII era which has no LEGO sets whatsoever and yet BrickArms makes items for them whilst, on the other hand, pirates have around 70 different sets + Pirates of the Caribbean. I can hardly imagine Jack Sparrow holding that crappy LEGO designed flintlock pistol which hasn't been changed for ages now. To put it on the lever, on the one side you have dozens of different pistols and rifles for the second world war era which has no LEGO sets whatsoever and on the other hand you have legitimate LEGO sets of the Pirate era which has one pistol and one rifle, not counting the Brickforge's cute attempt to create something innovative. To go even further with this, there are even printed custom WWII minifigs, which is basically building an entire new era from scratch. If BrickArms was willing to take that risk I'm sure they won't mind giving the established and recognized pirate community some new customized accessories. There are a lot of MOC ships out there, double deckers, triple deckers etc. However, if you want to build ships of that magnitude, preferably 1'st rate ship of the line, you also need different cannons. Bigger on the bottom and smaller on the top. Same deal can be used on fortresses, islands etc. Do you honestly believe that BrickArms pirate goods won't have it's market? Imagine printing customized grenadiers and a customized Napoleon together with his forces. Recreating the entire battle of Waterloo made from BrickArms parts. American War of Independence etc. Possibilities are endless, while battle for Verdun from WWI could be interesting it has a lot less details compared to the battles of the 17'th or 18'th century.

Our community is great and we are all potential BrickArms customers.

Edited by captTree

Not exactly. Pirate community is great and we crave for some custom made weapons. Not everyone is writing on the forum, but the general opinion is that it is time we get our share of customized goods.This is a Pirate forum and I believe that people in here will tell you that there Is a demand for the pirate era weapons. It would be foolish to think otherwise. Wait until you finish that musket of yours (decide to start it's mass production) and then compare the profit you will make by selling it to the one of the phaser pistol or MP5 or whatever. It is foolish to cover only one part of the Lego community thus neglecting all others, pirates included.

Your biggest mistake is to believe that there is no demand, hence making even a bigger one of depriving our community from the supply. Sapienti sat.

I'm not saying that there isn't a demand, I know that there is one. But what I'm getting at is that you talk like every Lego fan on the planet want's one.

Secondly, This is a pirate forum so its a given that most of the members here want pirate era weapons. You also need to put in mind that there are hundreds of other clubs, forums and groups that are based on other Lego themes. Like I said before, if everyone demanded pirate weapons than BrickArms would make more pirate weapons. If you don't believe me than take a look at the BrickArms forum. See what the customers want! I know that there's a far greater demand for Modern / WWI / WWII and Sci-Fi. I think that your opinion isn't very realistic.

CaptTree where do you get your figures on the demand for these items?

That's what I'm wondering!

To tell you the truth, I am not aware of any LEGO sets which are covering WWII or Seal/Commando/SAS/GIGN/Specnaz

era and still there are customized weapons for them.

That's why modern weapons are so popular, because the Lego company has never made sets like WWI or Modern Combat, I'd just about bet my front eyed tooth that the Lego company will not make a Military theme that involves modern countries. Why you ask? Because they don't want to offend anyone. If I was a German or a Canadian child I wouldn't want a Lego set that depicted a battle that my Grandfather or Uncle died in. Lego makes there themes based on what the children want, not us AFOL's.

I won't even comment the WWII era which has no LEGO sets whatsoever and yet BrickArms makes items for

What about Indiana Jones? That was an extremely popular theme that included German and Russian soldiers!

Edited by Ratshot

100_1222.jpg

100_1226.jpg

Picked up the Brickarms Musket Prototype Minifigure today for $12.

And I am really liking what I had gotten. :pir-wub:

Not included in the pictures, I had also gotten the rapier and a knife.

I think the musket looks really awesome. I tried to purchase at least ten muskets, but there was a very limited supply available. I will have to wait for their official release for my Constitution Marines. :pirate_skel1:

I also really like the pistol that I did not know that BA was creating prototypes for. :thumbup:

Except for the bayonet I don't see any remarkable feautures making it better than an ordinary LEGO rifle.

well, I guess there are lovers and haters (and the group in between :P )

Oh, that brown musket reminds me of the Brown Bess, the musket used to defeat the French at the beginning of the 19th century. :thumbup: Pity you couldn't get any more 'Phred'. :pir_bawling:

Keep on drinking that rum (but don't shooting after though) ! :pir-devil:

They look good yes, but i will stick whit the orginal Lego. So im between what to think about it. Specially tat Flintlock looks awesome, but not gonna get them.

Captain Becker

I think theses new custom weapons are very cool but quite frankly I can't afford to replace all of mine with these news ones and like someone said before it would look wrong only replacing a couple. Maybe someday the lego company will make better muskets. I think the collectible minifig series would be a great opportunity. :pir-sceptic:

Maybe someday the lego company will make better muskets. I think the collectible minifig series would be a great opportunity. :pir-sceptic:

If im not remembering totally wrong, the next Series 5 British Guard have a new musket molding. Im not very sure about this and have to check it out, but im pretty sure at they have one.

Captain Becker

EDIT: Fixed the Series number.

Edited by Captain Becker

If im not remembering totally wrong, the next Series 5 British Guard have a new musket molding. Im not very sure about this and have to check it out, but im pretty sure at they have one.

Captain Becker

EDIT: Fixed the Series number.

I'm pretty sure its just a brown one of these.

Where can I buy these muskets (the brown ones). They aren't listed on the brickarms.com site, are they? Please help! .... :)

Why don't you check the site before bumping a 6 month old topic. If they are not listed on the site, I'd assume they are not for sale, it was a prototype afterall. You could always email the brickarms people with that picture to ask if they have any available.

^I didn't bump it... Take a closer look.

I don't think your smartass comment is going to get you your answer any sooner, have you checked their site? Have you emailed them?

Where can I buy these muskets (the brown ones). They aren't listed on the brickarms.com site, are they? Please help! .... :)

The BrickArms Musket is currently still at the prototype stage of development, so it is not currently available from any official BrickArms resellers.

However, the BrickArms Musket (along with more than a few other new items!) is definitelyin the pipeline to be a mass produced item, and while I can't give you a specific date when it will be available, I can say it definitely is coming and will eventually be available from all worldwide official BrickArms resellers.