Sign in to follow this  
spacepilot3000

MOC UCS Tie Bomber

jd_tie_bomber20.JPGas

I'm not sure why spacepilot decided to change the color, as his original had the correct color (but the back was the wrong shape).

I'm fairly certain that the TIE Interceptor has a red engine glow like the TIE fighter. There's a clip I posted in Anio's UCS TIE Fighter thread that has the clip from Jedi.

[snip]as

I'm not sure why spacepilot decided to change the color, as his original had the correct color (but the back was the wrong shape).

I'm fairly certain that the TIE Interceptor has a red engine glow like the TIE fighter. There's a clip I posted in Anio's UCS TIE Fighter thread that has the clip from Jedi.

Ah, thank you, fallenangel. If KDM is EB's CW screenshot expert, then you must be EB's OT Studio Model Expert. :wink:

As for the shaping on the engines... The only thing that comes to mind immediately is a ring of cheese wedges on clicky hinges or clips (or some hinge) with a cone in the middle. And those lightbulb-ish pieces that have been appearing in 2009-present sets in red might look good as engine glow.

Ah, thank you, fallenangel. If KDM is EB's CW screenshot expert, then you must be EB's OT Studio Model Expert. :wink:

As for the shaping on the engines... The only thing that comes to mind immediately is a ring of cheese wedges on clicky hinges or clips (or some hinge) with a cone in the middle. And those lightbulb-ish pieces that have been appearing in 2009-present sets in red might look good as engine glow.

No expert, just lots of reliable sources. ; )

I think cones would work fine as well. But these 6x6 dishes look really weird, as if the rear of the bomber was supposed to be convex.

Of course, you could also go the Empire at War route and use large blue cylinders rather than cones (as if each pod sported one large booster), but then I wouldn't approve of your taking game mechanics as canon (not unlike Brickdoctor's thinking that the V-wing's panels actually folded in towards each other). :tongue:

No expert, just lots of reliable sources. ; )

I think cones would work fine as well. But these 6x6 dishes look really weird, as if the rear of the bomber was supposed to be convex.

Of course, you could also go the Empire at War route and use large blue cylinders rather than cones (as if each pod sported one large booster), but then I wouldn't approve of your taking game mechanics as canon (not unlike Brickdoctor's thinking that the V-wing's panels actually folded in towards each other). :tongue:

HEY! I have an excuse. I'd never seen the canon way they fold. He doesn't have that excuse thanks to the picture you posted 4 posts up! You hear me! Brickdoctor+excuse= :thumbup: Other guys+no excuse= :thumbdown::laugh:

BTW, I think those are 10-wide dishes.

I really like it! :wub:

In some sections it does look abit balky like Walter and Brickdocter pointed out, but I don't mind. :sweet:

Loving the greebles and the way you did the bomb hatch.

Looking forward to more UCS builds!

CF

Thanks for your feedback again, folks!

What a funny question: red or blue ion engines. I heard many voices around me, who told me to change the color to blue. But no wookipedia, no jedipedia and no picture around here comes with blue color. So, I rechanged the 4 little bricks to red again.

Now I think in official canon, the ion engine has to be red...*basta*

:blush:

Hi Spacepilot3000 - it looks like this thread hasn't been touched in awhile, hopefully you notice this. Have you ever created instructions or have an LDD file for your TIE Bomber? I'd very much like to build my own, I'm in love with your work.I'd be more than happy to pay for the instructions as well. Thanks.

He hasn't been online in 5 years, and the posts above yours are asking for instructions and from 7 years ago. I think you're going to have to try to reverse engineer it or find a different model.

Edited by Mandalorianknight