32 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding

index2.jpg

Picked this up from Toys R Us Vancouver today. They were still in the shipping box and not shelved yet so quickly grabbed one! Came with a $10 off gift card on next $50+ purchase as well! (I'm planning on using this on the new police headquarters :laugh: )

Name: Police Minifigure Collection

Set Number: 7279

Pieces: 57

Price: US $9.99/$12.99CAD

Ages: 5-12

Minifigs: 4

Theme: City 2011

Year of Release: 2011

The Review

Box Front

DSC02150.jpg

Box Back

DSC02152.jpg

The Pieces

DSC02153.jpg

New Parts/Interesting Pieces

DSC02172.jpg

I was debating on this vs the Police Dog Assignment set but the crowbar and the bag swayed me away. Plus, you get the new dog anyways!

Instruction Manual

DSC02156.jpg

Pretty standard. However, the manual came with a short comic with the police dog at work. Great addition to the playability.

DSC02158.jpg

DSC02160.jpg

*Note: The comic builder website didn't work for me sadly. It directed me to the standard Lego broken link page.

The instructions also shows some of the new 2011 space sets!

DSC02175.jpg

The Minifigs

DSC02200.jpg

DSC02202.jpg

Pretty standard police figures. The second thief seems to be a new torso print.

Dog Comparison

This has already been done but I can't help take a picture of the new dog anyways. It definitely made this set worth it. The police dog meets the fire dog from Fire Brigade.

DSC02177.jpg

The ATV and ATM

DSC02167.jpg

The ATV is a nice design. Simple yet effective.

DSC02168.jpg

The ATM could use an improvement in my opinion. Its too simple and doesn't really pass off as an ATM; maybe a new ATM screen would help.

The Complete Set

DSC02204.jpg

Extra Parts

DSC02170.jpg

Robbery in Progress

Its the holiday season! These thieves are definitely taking advantage of the holiday spirit and picked their target accordingly. However, the police dog is tight on their tail!

DSC02208.jpg

Ratings

Minifigures: 9/10 - Even though most of the figures are from the 2008 series, its still a great collection. The dog definitely boost up the points here.

Pieces: 8/10 - Comes with tons of new police parts. However, the rest of the pieces were pretty standard.

Design: 8/10 - The ATV design is great! The ATM could use some work though.

Playability: 10/10 - Very playable! The extra comic is a great imagination booster! 2 police officers, 2 thieves, a police dog, and an ATM. What more do you need?

Price: 8/10 - Very good price for 4 minifigs and the new police dog.

Overall: 8.5/10

This is my first review so I hope you all enjoyed it. Definitely a worthwhile set for all the new police parts! (dog, backpack, crowbar.) Must get for those hoping to boost their minifig collection!

At first glance I thought the bag was a Jedi hood!

Thanks for the review - succinct and clear shots. Will head down to Metrotown or possibly the TRU near Surrey for this.

Great review!

I got this set a few days ago, and I'm seeing so many uses for the new backpack; the crowbar needs work though, the BrickForge one seems to look better.

Great review!

I got this set a few days ago, and I'm seeing so many uses for the new backpack; the crowbar needs work though, the BrickForge one seems to look better.

For me it is great because it's also a brick separator!

Great review! :thumbup:

This looks like a good set, that I will definitely be getting when it comes out in the UK. I particularly like the 2 new printed torsos and the new dog mold in this set.

Well done on the review. :classic:

~buddy~

I really like this set so thanks for reviewing it. Is it me or does anyone else notice the new back print on the motorcycle cop?

The crowbar, dog and bag make this set very worth it and I am sure we will be seeing these used in many upcoming sets. :classic:

Thanks for the review 'Globemaster' :sweet: , great figures, nice but odd police vehicle and yeah, a bit too simple ATM.

I'll buy one these if only for the figures, dog, crowbar and open backpack.

Keep on waiting for 2011. :wink:

Neat review, thanks for sharing this Globemaster! :thumbup: This really looks like one of the best sets of the new police line-up - you get to have four minifigs, the sweet-looking new dog, the ATV and ATM - not bad for a $10 set. Gotta say that new prisoner torso with jacket and the back printing of the police are very nice details.

I got my set 2.5 weeks ago... just opened it two days ago...

Read my wrong side of town and note the cops and the robbers...hehe

Good review.... At first when I picked it up and wrapped it, I did not notice the K-9, but after I finally opened the box a dog popped out unexpectedly... I was like wooooooohoooooo! :laugh:

Really? How does the 'brick separator' aspect of it work?

See the ends? The ends are the same like here:

4006.png

They are great for picking up flat bricks from baseplates.

So they make a crowbar with real function! :laugh:

Edited by Lordofdragonss

I am sorry, but is it true, according to this picture:

DSC02175.jpg

That the book in the set is a t least 21 pages???

DSC02175.jpg

Nice review. As for the set, I'm not a fan. The model is garbage, and the backpack piece is too big. The only thing I like about this is the new police torso and the dog.

Thanks for the nice review. I like this set and it is one of the new 2011 sets that I'm definitely gonna buy. Relatively cheap, 4 minifigs, two brand new torsos, the new K-9, a small vehicle, all these makes it a great choice for a semi-impulse purchase.

Plus, I'll finally get my hands on the money tiles (did I just sound like one of those minifig robbers? :wacko:), a piece that I never had in my collection until now.

Yes the instruction is 23 pages total including the back cover.

This was definitely an impulse set for me :laugh:

Thanks for the comments everyone!

nice set, nice to see star wars type battlepacks for City aswell. Like the new minifig design and Police on the back aswell.

Got this set on Friday along with a few more Series 3 and the K-9 unit.

For the most part, it's more of the same-- except for the second criminal with the backpack and gray jacket over his prison stripes. GREAT FIG! I gave him the crowbar and he seems to have proven himself quite elusive from the long arm of the City police! The dog is pretty nice, but they seem so much smaller than the old dogs-- feels a little too 'yippy' instead of this big, intimidating German Shepherd. Still, not a bad little set considering I got it with the BOGO 50% for $5.00 USD.

DSC02175.jpg

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooh SnappppP!

I am sooooooo getting the new mission control :classic:

Nice review!It's always interesting to see a new set review!

It is an excellent set (the dog,the bagpack,the money and new torsos)!Crowbar needs some work and coloring thougth (maybe black? or even silver?).

Space sets are really coming!!! :cry_happy::thumbup: