Calabar

[KEY TOPIC] Official LEGO Sets made in LDD

5934 Dino Explorer - Adventurers / Dino Island

Missing decorations.

Missing old hinge and windscreen.

Missing treads.

1x2 tile placed to the side because there's no connection for it in the middle of the car seats.

Wow, that connection between the seats is really special. I've never seen anything like it before.

5934 Dino Explorer - Adventurers / Dino Island

Missing decorations.

Missing old hinge and windscreen.

Missing treads.

1x2 tile placed to the side because there's no connection for it in the middle of the car seats.

You could place the tile even if it don't result connected: look at the model as I modified it (preview image here).

About missing pieces and decoration, I think is better to try to find a replacement instead than left that blank.

Edited by Calabar

Hi,

I'm playing around with the MINI STAR WARS sets made by ADHO15.

The 4486 MINI AT-ST & Snowspeeder doesn't open in LEGO Digital Designer 4. (Link)

(Unable to load file, Parsing of the file was aborted due to an error in the file)

Am I the only one to have this problem?

I would appreciate it if one of you could check it...

Thanks

I'm playing around with the MINI STAR WARS sets made by ADHO15.

The 4486 MINI AT-ST & Snowspeeder doesn't open in LEGO Digital Designer 4. (Link)

(Unable to load file, Parsing of the file was aborted due to an error in the file)

Am I the only one to have this problem?

I would appreciate it if one of you could check it...

Hi, yojeff! Welcome to EB!

I know exactly what error you're referring to. I thought I managed to fix them all before I iploaded them, but it seems I missed one. I know how to correct it and will upload the fixed version in the same place as soon as I can.

However, I will shortly be updating all my sets to the level of LDD4, so I could upgrade the set before I re-upload it if you'd like? If you'd rather just have the 'old' version quickly, I'll do that instead.

If you just want the set to upgrade yourself, I can tell you there is no need and I'd prefer it if you didn't. I'll do it myself soon.

Edited by ADHO15

@yojeff

Same problem for me.

Wait that ADHO15 will fix the problem.

That set is not "LDD4 compliant" still! :wink:

EDIT: Oops... anticipated! :tongue:

Edited by Calabar

I know exactly what error you're referring to. I thought I managed to fix them all before I iploaded them, but it seems I missed one. I know how to correct it and will upload the fixed version in the same place as soon as I can.

However, I will shortly be updating all my sets to the level of LDD4, so I could upgrade the set before I re-upload it if you'd like? If you'd rather just have the 'old' version quickly, I'll do that instead.

Sorry, I missed the "squigly" lines in the index.

You can update at your pace, I'm in no hurry!

Thanks

Sorry to be such a pest, but all three versions of 6752 have already been indexed. The fact that the index is sorted by date and not by set number might have fooled you, it took a while before I noticed as well. default_classic.gif

Indexing by set number would be easier :laugh:

I make a motion to sort the index by set number, but only within their theme (like they're already grouped up).

I also fell victim on my first contribution to this thread and made a duplicate set that someone already made because I didn't think to do a command-F and search for the set number in the first post, not realizing that things weren't sorted like I thought they were.

Or perhaps they're sorted by date to make it easier on Calabar when updating the original post?

I make a motion to sort the index by set number, but only within their theme (like they're already grouped up).

I also fell victim on my first contribution to this thread and made a duplicate set that someone already made because I didn't think to do a command-F and search for the set number in the first post, not realizing that things weren't sorted like I thought they were.

Or perhaps they're sorted by date to make it easier on Calabar when updating the original post?

I did do a Ctrl-F search but didn't think to search further after finding the first entry.

If i'd hit 'next' after the first hit i'd have found the other entries of the same set :laugh:

@Calabar:

There is a small error in the index, "- 6752 - Fire Rescue - by Tore M" should be "- 6752 - Fire Rescue [Vers III] - by Tore M"

Thanks... fixed! (the fix will appear in the nex index update).

About ordering the index by set number, it is a talk that cyclically appears.

There are various reason why I don't order sets by number, and the main reason is that the workload would be too heavy to sustain. I'll add a note to the hint in order to clarify how to use CTRL + F.

Just finished 5868 Ferocious Creatures models one through three!

Version one:

5868_ferocious_creatures_a.png

LXF File

No errors.

Version two:

5868_ferocious_creatures_b.png

LXF File

Errors:

• The click-hinges for the legs make the torso's angle in the instruction booklet illegal. The click hinge pieces 48169 and 47455 accept angles in multiples of 15 degrees, whereas the torso can only angle upward by 13.23 degrees due to a part collision.

Version three:

5868_ferocious_creatures_c.png

LXF File

No errors.

Overall, these were pretty easy-- after I realized that the legal angles for Exo-Force/Knights Kingdom style click hinges were multiples of 15 rather than 22.5! I'll probably have to go correct some past models after that discovery (I'd probably have realized sooner if any of the sets I had on hand here at college used that style of click-hinge).

UPDATE

I updated my lxf and photo for my 6239 Cannon Battle. It was just a quick change to have the proper "pearl gold" 297 color on two of the bricks. I learned how to do this thanks to Aanchir's post (quoted below).

[*]All gold parts should be changed from 127 Gold to 297 Warm Gold. Warm Gold is not on the LEGO Universe palette. To get it, click View>New Themes>LEGO DesignByMe at the top of the screen, and create a gold goblet from the minifig accessories category. Then, click View>New Themes>LEGO Universe to switch back to LEGO Universe mode. Use the eyedropper tool on the goblet to select color 297, then use the paint bucket tool to recolor whatever you need in 297 Warm Gold.

5958 Mummy's Tomb - Theme: Adventurers (Desert)

This is an LDD 4 model.

5958 Mummy's Tomb

The set is complete except for theme-specific parts:

1) The printed pieces and minifigures have no patterns

2) The car's windshield has been substituted for current parts

The brick-built sarcophagus cover was made by Calabar.

5958%20Mummy%27s%20Tomb.jpg

Edited by petero

Hi!

Found the piston of 8052 Technic truck in LDD - I think its an actuator: LDD Part# 61927 Linear Actuator 10-15M

I hope to find the time to make an update in the near future ...

Nice build, BasOne. Great to have new Technic-builders joining!

LDDTechnician

Edited by LDDtechnician

Hi!

Found the piston of 8052 Technic truck in LDD - I think its an actuator: LDD Part# 61927 Linear Actuator 10-15M

I hope to find the time to make an update in the near future ...

Nice build, BasOne. Great to have new Technic-builders joining!

LDDTechnician

The liniar actuator has some problems, the moving piston part isn't in the middle.

I couldn't line it up properly in 8052, don't know if this is a known problem :)

Some errors you made:

• Squidward's head and arms should be 151 Sand Green rather than 29 Medium Green. Plankton should also be 151 Sand Green. - DONE
  • All tan parts should be 5 Brick Yellow, not 3 Light Yellow. Brick Yellow can be found under the Brown category. - DONE
  • All light gray parts should be 194 Medium Stone Grey, not 208 Light Stone Grey. - DONE
  • Patrick should be color 283 Light Nougat, not 100 Light Red. Light Nougat can be found under the Yellow category. - DONE
  • Patrick's waist should be 28 Dark Green. - DONE
  • The gold cup should be 297 Warm Gold, not 180 Curry. 297 is not on the LEGO Universe palette. To get it, click View>New Themes>DesignByMe to switch to DesignByMe mode, and grab a goblet from the minifig accessories category. If you ever need a part other than the goblet in this color, just go back to LEGO Universe mode (View>New Themes>LEGO Universe) and use the eyedropper tool to select the color. - DONE

Sorry for the very delayed response, I've just been busy with other stuff. Anyway, thanks for pointing these out Aanchir, you really are the Color Master of LDD. :wink: I already fixed these errors. Iniitial post updated.

why is it impossible to finish any ship in ldd? i´ve tried a bunch and can´t even finish the small ones, its either hull parts or small masts=/ wish ldd had every single piece

EB is an AFOL forum (Adult fans of LEGO), something you were informed about when you signed up. Three reasons why I picked up on your post:

1) Missing proper capitalisation

2) General complaning tone - you are missing to explanin which parts you are missing (which makes it difficult for to help you)

3) You are posting in the wrong topic - look around the LDD forum and you'll find a topic about wanted parts in LDD

4415 - Auto Pod - Version I - Creator

4415_auto_pod.jpg

LXF

Version II

4415_auto_pod_2.png

LXF

No errors.

8192 - Lime racer - Racers

8192_lime_racer.jpg

LXF

8194 - Nitro muscle - Racers

8194_nitro_muscle.jpg

LXF

8192 + 8194 - /.../ - Racers

8192_plus_8194.jpg

LXF

Errors: Stickers missing in "Racers" sets.

Minor UPDATES:

5958 Mummy's Tomb - Theme: Adventurers (Desert)

5988 - Pharaoh's Forbidden Ruins - Theme: Adventurers (Desert)

I have adjusted the colors on the Pharaoh minifig and Calabar's brick-built sarcophagus, and given Baron Von Barron his hooked hand.

Links to the original postings:

Mummy's Tomb

Pharaoh's Forbidden Ruins

Peter

Edited by petero

5938 Oasis Ambush - Theme: Adventurers (Desert)

This is an LDD 4 model.

5938 Oasis Ambush

The set is complete except that the stickers, printed pieces and minifigures have no patterns.

5938%20Oasis%20Ambush.jpg

Peter

Chill i wasn´t really complaining i was just sharing my thought. I did it on this post cause i found it was apropriated,i came here looking to see if anyone had made the ships i was trying to make so hard so i posted it here. Sorry for my mistake :classic:

See you

Chill I wasn´t really complaining i was just sharing my thought. I did it on this post cause i found it was appropriated, i came here looking to see if anyone had made the ships i was trying to make so hard so I posted it here. Sorry for my mistake :classic:

See you

The issue seems to be that you can't find in LDD adequate bricks to built ships' hull, right?

You could try to realize a custom version using available bricks.

As you can see, many sets have custom solutions, that's because LDD provide only a subset of existing bricks.

Create good custom solution is a challenge that, I think, make the building process more interesting. :classic:

7649 MT-201 Ultra Drill Walker - Theme: Space, Mars Mission

7649-mt-201-ultra-drill-walker.jpg

Download here.

Errors/Modifications:

- The parts for the Mars Mission Alien Commander seem not to be avilable in LDD, so I replaced it by something else (see .lxf for details).

- The decoration Minifig, Head Balaclava with Eyes Hole Stitching Trim, Nose Hump, White Pupils Pattern appears to be unavailable, so replaced by the next best deco.

- The ribbed hoses for the water tank cannot be placed on the technic pins. Placed them behind the model.

- The arrow/rocket for the spring powered cannon should have a black tip.

- As always no decorations/stickers.

Edited by Plastemaurer

7649 MT-201 Ultra Drill Walker - Theme: Space, Mars Mission

Download here.

Errors/Modifications:

- The parts for the Mars Mission Alien Commander seem not to be avilable in LDD, so I replaced it by something else (see .lxf for details).

- The decoration Minifig, Head Balaclava with Eyes Hole Stitching Trim, Nose Hump, White Pupils Pattern appears to be unavailable, so replaced by the next best deco.

- The ribbed hoses for the water tank cannot be placed on the technic pins. Placed them behind the model.

- The arrow/rocket for the spring powered cannon should have a black tip.

- As always no decorations/stickers.

The minifig face decoration you're looking for actually is available, but can't be applied with the decoration tool. You can download it in the Decorations file I have here.