Fugazi

2011 Alien Conquest

alienconquestlogo1.jpg

UPDATE: Photo of new 30140 promotional added, thanks to whung!

UPDATE: Photo of the Battle Pack added, thanks to KingoftheZempk and Ogre!

UPDATE: New photos spotted, thanks to r4-g9 for the heads up! Click the images for high-resolution.

7049 Alien Striker [Review] [Review2] [Review3]

xlarge_7049_lego_alien_striker.jpg

7050 Alien Defender [Review]

xlarge_7050_lego_alien_defender.jpg

7051 Tripod Invader [Review] [Review2]

xlarge_7051_lego_tripod_invader.jpg

7052 UFO Abduction [Review]

800x600_7052_lego_ufo_abduction.jpg

7065 Alien Mothership [Review]

800x600_7065_lego_alien_mothership.jpg

7066 Earth Defence HQ [Review]

xlarge_7066_lego_earth_defense_hq.jpg

7067 Jet-Copter Encounter [Review] [Review2]

xlarge_7067_lego_jet_copter_encounter.jpg

30140 ADU Walker

30140.jpg

30141 Jet-pack

30141b.jpg

853301 Alien Conquest Battle Pack

ACBattlePackfront.jpg

gallery_2955_116_20340.jpg

I just thought that this post by Sajer over in the Pirate forum was worth quoting here!

I've recently seen a pdf file given to dealers of next year's lifestyle products,

[snip]

Also, there was some strange battlepack for what seems to be a new theme replacing Space Police III, something along the lines of Alien Invasion or something, I can't recall the name exactly. Saw 2 aliens, different heads but a rather disgusting colour of green with 2 what seems like Power Miners suited soldiers and a Civilian-like figure.

Disgusting colour of green? Sounds exciting!

UPDATE: All set numbers and names as reported by r4-g9! The name of the theme is Alien Conquest.

7049 Alien Striker (July 2011)

7050 Alien Defender (July 2011)

7051 Tripod Invader (July 2011)

7052 UFO Abduction (July 2011)

7065 Alien Mothership (July 2011)

7066 Earth Defence HQ (July 2011)

7067 Jet-Copter Encounter (July 2011)

There have been a few signs that Blacktron might make a comeback, but with City Space I'm not to sure about this, but still it does sound quite interesting default_classic.gif

Edited by The Red Brick

A theme about the alien invasion? Yes, it sounds promising. :classic:

There have been a few signs that Blacktron might make a comeback, but with City Space I'm not to sure about this, but still it does sound quite interesting default_classic.gif

City Space is just the subtheme with 4-5 sets, I don't think its release marks absence of a new sci-fi space theme.

Edited by Space Odysseyer

It will probably be yet another variant of "Humans vs. Aliens" that is seen in all space themes in the last decade; yet, as a LEGO space fan I am still looking forward to it.

I really hope this turns out to be true. I was really hoping for a new Sci-Fi space theme in 2011(after they discontinued SP III :angry: )

A return of Blacktron would re-ignite my interest in the space theme. Packing all my Lego for my move overseas meant I found alot of my old classic space sets I havn't seen in years. The original Blacktron were always my favourite. Not so interested in more alien charachters though.

It will probably be yet another variant of "Humans vs. Aliens" that is seen in all space themes in the last decade; yet, as a LEGO space fan I am still looking forward to it.

The kids of today have to be prepared when the invasion comes! :sadnew:

Not so interested in more alien charachters though.

I hope this is true, thanks Fugazi and Sajer. I would love to see another space theme, and more aliens  :alien::classic::yoda: I really hope they can be friends with the humans again like Life on Mars or at least each faction has both humans and aliens. The colonial narrative of Atlantis and Power Miners gives me little hope of this though...

Edited by robuko

As long as the aliens arent as UGLY as the Mars Mission aliens, I think this could work. Especially if it means more greebly and funky bits for space creations :)

Well these days pretty much every theme is action-oriented, and we already have in 2011 an Action/Historical theme (Pharaoh's Quest), an Action/Underwater theme (Atlantis), and an Action/Fantastic theme (NinjaGo)... Considering the theme (space invasion?), the protagonists (soldiers and aliens) and the age group requirements, I feel this will be an action-packed variation on Space Police -- replace the policemen with soldiers and the alien criminals with alien invaders. What I hope for though are some futuristic Earth buildings, if Earth is the target of the invasion. That would be something never attempted by TLG before, as their Space sets were always based... well... in space!

I just hope that this theme feels compatible with other LEGO themes. Space Police III really managed that with its frequent references to Space themes (Spyrius, Insectoids, Blacktron, etc.) and to regular LEGO City mainstays (Octan and Cargo). Mars Mission had a variation of the classic Space logo and aliens that slightly resembled the ones from Life On Mars, but that's all it had (and the latter was more confusing than anything else).

I wonder if it will be a near-Earth theme or a deep-space theme. Probably deep-space since we have the City Space theme filling the role of a near-Earth theme, but you can't be too sure.

It's a bit annoying that the only report we have of this is a battlepack. It doesn't make the reports any less credible, but it makes it a lot harder to draw any conclusions about the overall theme from these reports, considering that the battlepack is described like a Kingdoms battlepack rather than a Star Wars one-- what this means is we have no idea what the actual designs of the sets will be like; just a vague idea of the minifigures.

I don't anticipate concerning myself with this theme until more details emerge-- I'm not a huge fan of rampant speculation, which is the only way that discussion of this theme can really stay on-topic with how little we've learned about it so far.

Sounds great. I'm looking forward to be seeing more of it... Hopefully I can combine the things from this with SP3.

Quite sure we could. I'm not so sure about the name though, "Alien Invasion"?

Seems less like a space-based theme that way, more like an invasion on Earth. :sad:

Let's just hope it's atleast as awesome as SP3 was.

~ General Magma

If it has aliens, human minifigs and some interesting set designs, I'll be happy. Actually, I'd be happy with just the interesting set designs. Minifigs (human and other) would just be bonuses.

I am rather happy we get something new (SP3 is cool but 2 years is enough, shouldn't go on forever) and Space is not again canceled completely! Aliens though.. Let me say, I don't like Space-Aliens too much, I prefer SW. They are a bit cuter.. :classic:

Something about this news makes me happy like a boy on christmas.. the word "soldier"... I am in!

Hopefully if it's an invasion on earth there will be some "post-apoc" type things like thrown together barricades and normal vehicles with weapons and gadgets strapped on them to fight the alien menace! :laugh: I doubt it'll be as cool as I'm thinking but I'll remain optimistic.

If its called Alien invasion... I smell some space civilian sets!

Oooh I want some civilian sets. Perhaps like some small sets of like a space city or something along with all the aliens and stuff.

It sounds promising, but LEGO's color blindness of recent Action themes doesn't bode well for the "disgusting color of green" he mentioned.

Still, it has potential.

I don't know. There are no other reports of this and 'battlepack' sounds dubious.

I am not sure what lifestyle is. But it could as well be that he saw old sets in the catalog and did not pay much attention (cares more about pirates). He could have actually seen Raid VPR ... I mean, discusting green and a fig that looks like a power miner...

It sounds promising, but LEGO's color blindness of recent Action themes doesn't bode well for the "disgusting color of green" he mentioned.

IMO, it's not so much color blindless as it is color "boringness." If this turns out to be true, then it will be the third science-fiction theme in the last five years that uses some form of green in the color scheme. Seriously, can't TLC come up with some more interesting color combinations? I have no doubt that if TLC made a new space theme that combined the best designs of Space Police III with the striking color schemes of themes like Ice Planet or M-Tron, the sets would fly right off the shelves.

Edited by Zarkan

IMO, it's not so much color blindless as it is color "boringness." If this turns out to be true, then it will be the third science-fiction theme in the last five years that uses some form of green in the color scheme. Seriously, can't TLC come up with some more interesting color combinations? I have no doubt that if TLC made a new space theme that combined the best designs of Space Police III with the striking color schemes of themes like Ice Planet or M-Tron, the sets would fly right off the shelves.

Ice Planet did have an awesome color scheme, but I think Power Miners are a good example of why LEGO experimenting with unusual schemes can go very very wrong.

I also agree with Vex that this sounds sketchy. Since when did LEGO do "battle packs" for anything other than Star Wars and Castle? On the other hand, an Alien Invasion theme sounds kinda likely. Alien invasions are popular. Skyline just came out and Independence Day 2 is filming along with Transformers 3 coming out in July. It would be a hit with the kids too.

...But that doesn't mean LEGO's doing it. I'm calling BS until I hear more reports or see a pic.