Sign in to follow this  
Siegfried

Eurobricks LEGO Set Index

My only complaint is that do we need every single star wars set released?

I.E different coloured boxes, re-releases and multipacks that don't really add anything to reviews? I'm sure I saw the original X-wing in

Example: 4504 Millenium Falcon, there are two review of the blue box version but no reviews of the OT box, (the set is exactly the same but with a different box so there is no point reviewing it IMO.) Maybe you can have a footnote like Also available in a [different box] It saves space, especially if it happens to the clone wars boxes.

Same with the multipacks. I'm for things like this. because it's different and you get an 'exclusive' figure. But not for things like this it just seems pointless.

I.E different coloured boxes, re-releases and multipacks that don't really add anything to reviews? I'm sure I saw the original X-wing in

Example: 4504 Millenium Falcon, there are two review of the blue box version but no reviews of the OT box, (the set is exactly the same but with a different box so there is no point reviewing it IMO.) Maybe you can have a footnote like Also available in a [different box] It saves space, especially if it happens to the clone wars boxes.

Same with the multipacks. I'm for things like this. because it's different and you get an 'exclusive' figure. But not for things like this it just seems pointless.

I would rather have one set listed, and in it all the versions of the set. :classic:

Do you mean the Star Wars sets?

default_laugh_new.gif It's going to be a long time before we compare to them.

Yes, I was referring to some Star Wars Sets. It seems that most are in the index but their reviews are not. I assume it's just a giant amount of work.

:laugh: It's going to be a long time before we compare to them.

Hence the grin emoticon :tongue:

I can't wait to see more improvements! :sweet:

Sensitive Siggy, didn't you read my edit? :tongue:

No. I tend to reply to existing posts, not unwritten ones. :grin:

Please tell me that you are joking!

Look here.

I.E different coloured boxes, re-releases and multipacks that don't really add anything to reviews?

Yeah, I agree. I added those as I wanted to investigate how commonly listed the variants of a set are among the other indexes. The answer is; not very much! :laugh: Most of those will probably be removed/compressed next update.

Yes, I was referring to some Star Wars Sets. It seems that most are in the index but their reviews are not. I assume it's just a giant amount of work.

I've only added the Original Trilogy stuff, and I'm close to adding all the reviews.

Your humor is fantastic in there! Where do I apply to insult the Moon btw? :laugh:

Back to Set Index.

I've also seen that there is a Log-In page. Does it work independently from EB logging?

Star Wars updated with reviews, but it only includes the original trilogy. The rest is next.

Your humor is fantastic in there! Where do I apply to insult the Moon btw? :laugh:

At a lagrange point would be the best place.

I've also seen that there is a Log-In page. Does it work independently from EB logging?

Yes. We might integrate the logins later.

I've only added the Original Trilogy stuff, and I'm close to adding all the reviews.

Gotcha, I kind of assumed it was just workload related.

Status Update 4: With help from Hinckley Town sets from 2011, 2009 and a few others have been added.

Status Update 5: Added Star Wars Episode 1

Thanks to everyone who has sent in information on missing reviews; finding those can be the most time consuming part.

Status Update 5: Added Star Wars Episode 1

Thanks to everyone who has sent in information on missing reviews; finding those can be the most time consuming part.

Hooray! We appreciate all the work that's gone into this, and now it's got a use for me.

Hooray! We appreciate all the work that's gone into this, and now it's got a use for me.

Well there's still Ep2, Ep3, Clone Wars and the misc stuff (such as Rogue Shadow) to go. Then for some it's complete! :tongue:

I've upgraded the index so it displays the 25 members with the most reviews. Please note that this only covers what has been indexed, but I suspect the end result will be similar.

IMPORTANT!!!

the link to set review 3180 is wrong!

Edited by legolijntje

IMPORTANT!!!

the link to set review 3180 is wrong!

Thanks and fixed!

That section was done by Hinckley; it's hard to get good help these days. :devil: I found a few missing reviews while I was correcting that. I've also added some of the 2011 sets, but the details are sparse.

I have a question. Is there not a place that actually links to the review on Eurobricks?

EDIT: Nevermind.

I have a question. Is there not a place that actually links to the review on Eurobricks?

EDIT: Nevermind.

I realise you've realised there was, but is it unclear? Should I change anything?

I just realised; the last update bumped me out of the top 25 reviewers. :hmpf_bad:

I just realised; the last update bumped me out of the top 25 reviewers. :hmpf_bad:

Yeah about that top 25 list, when you click on Def it comes up with all the sets that have "Def" in it. So you get lots of other crap instead of just Def's reviews.

Just something I noticed. :classic:

Yeah about that top 25 list, when you click on Def it comes up with all the sets that have "Def" in it. So you get lots of other crap instead of just Def's reviews.

Just something I noticed. :classic:

:laugh: Yeah, I know. It's because he has such a short name so every thing with "def" in it is returned. I think all are variants of "defend". I don't see this as a problem yet as all the results still fit on one page, but in time I'll probably enhance that so it searches within the "reviewer" fields only.

On a side note, this is why the EB search is so unhelpful. Because it returns so much it's of little use unless you're looking for something uncommon.

Another question, will this make all the respective themes review indexes redundant and they wont exist anymore when this is done?

Another question, will this make all the respective themes review indexes redundant and they wont exist anymore when this is done?

That's my plan. Already the Technic, Sci-Fi and Licensed indexes are redundant and out of date. What exactly happens depends on how successful this is and if the respective forum staff want to keep updating the old indexes. Do you have a preference?

:laugh: Yeah, I know. It's because he has such a short name so every thing with "def" in it is returned. I think all are variants of "defend". I don't see this as a problem yet as all the results still fit on one page, but in time I'll probably enhance that so it searches within the "reviewer" fields only.

On a side note, this is why the EB search is so unhelpful. Because it returns so much it's of little use unless you're looking for something uncommon.

That's a very nice feature all the same. It's really lovely to see my reviews collected like that, even if the first set that comes up with Exo-Force :classic:

Since you did the Space Index already, could you throw this review in there? I think I posted it after the last update, so it would have been missed.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=46714

Thanks again for all the hard work.

That's my plan. Already the Technic, Sci-Fi and Licensed indexes are redundant and out of date. What exactly happens depends on how successful this is and if the respective forum staff want to keep updating the old indexes. Do you have a preference?

I've been thinking about this also, I cannot say about the other theme's review indexes (I don't know how updated they are), but I personally prefer to keep the Star Wars Review Index. I think KimT has really made a wonderful job organizing this and he regularly updates it from time to time. Also, all the SW fans have contributed their part to cover almost 95% of all SW sets released. It would be a shame if this were removed in favor of the Set Index. All I'm saying is let's keep the SW Review Index even if the Set Index is already complete with all the SW reviews. :classic:

Since you did the Space Index already, could you throw this review in there? I think I posted it after the last update, so it would have been missed.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=46714

Yes, I noticed that one but hadn't got around to adding it... and I've yet to comment in it either. (I love that set!) BTW, that's the second review of yours I've added today (Train Chase); you're moving up!

(I'll upload the additions in a few days.)

I think KimT has really made a wonderful job organizing this and he regularly updates it from time to time. Also, all the SW fans have contributed their part to cover almost 95% of all SW sets released. It would be a shame if this were removed in favor of the Set Index. All I'm saying is let's keep the SW Review Index even if the Set Index is already complete with all the SW reviews. :classic:

Well that's up to KimT... and yeah, he's done a great job there. :wub: Thanks for sharing your opinion though.