legokuate

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 4 discussion

This seems like the least exciting series so far. The musketeer sounds promising, but the others are pretty boring sounding in my opinion.

EDIT: Oh yes, I forgot the hockey player! That one sounds awesome.

Edited by Baylego

What a great find! Werewolf, mad professor, monster, together with mummy and vampire sounds like remakes of the best of Studios. I really like it that there are themes of characters within each release. Series 3 is ok but not as imaginative as 1 or 2 so I was going off the collectables, but this has got me interested again.

Huge news... HUGE! Ice Hockey Player, Werewolf, Artist, even the Garden Gnome sounds great!!!

Garden gnome? Here:

lego-yoda.jpg

On topic: How precise do you think a scale would have to be to detect the indentity of each 'fig? I know that method was used to find Chrome Vaders in sets.

Thank you very much for this information, legokuate! :classic:

Series 4 sounds much more promising than series 3 is! :thumbup:

I'm really looking forward to the surfer girl, the garden gnome, the mad professor, the skateboarder and the kimono girl!

I think that TLG decided to give us again a skateboarder since the minifigs of series 1 were very limited and very fastly sold out. So many kids (and even adults) which wanted to get more of the skateboarder didn't have the chance (like me, too, and on ebay they sell them completey overpriced).

A waveboard would be cool and be some variety in contrast to always only blue skateboard. But it's very unlikely that we'll get one - otherwise the list would have said waveboarder and not skateboarder.

How do you think that the skateboarder will look like?

Do you think that the mad professor will be more like an Einstein, a fantasy character or a minifig in laboratory outfit?

Do you think that the surfer girl will have a bermuda (like the surfer guy - but in a different color) and a bikini? That surely would look :wub: !

It's great to see that there will be some more female minifigs and not only men! :thumbup:

Nevetheless which I still miss in these minifigure series are some kids! :cry_sad: (Come on, TLG, Lego is mainly a kids toy!)

I'm really looking forward to see some pics of this series! :thumbup:

Since it shall be released already in April, it shouldn't take too long until we'll get some pic(s).

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Thanks for the information, legokuate! :classic:

I agree that Series 4 sounds more promising than Series 3! I especially like the sound of the Soccer Player and the Garden Gnome. :thumbup:

~buddy~

-Musketeer

-Werewolf

-Artist

-Mad Professor

These sound very promising to me! If these are true and turn out good (which I'm sure they will), they would make this series much better than S3!

Not 100% sure on this list because we have already has a skateboarder in series 1. default_sceptic.gif

We've also had a surfer before. Maybe the skater is a girl too?

musketeer (probably the army builder of this series)

If three is an army to you, then yes. :tongue: Hehe, yeah, this would probably be the Elf/Spartan/Forestman of S4.

How precise do you think a scale would have to be to detect the indentity of each 'fig? I know that method was used to find Chrome Vaders in sets.

I'd say EXTREMELY precise! It may have worked for the Chrome Vader since it was the weight of the entire package in addition to that of the set, but in this case it would only be the difference in the weight of the accessories which would be nearly impossible to detect. Feeling will be your best bet, I think.

"Sailor"... which era will this be from? Could be from the Pirate era, which would interest me, although I think it's more likely to be a man in a traditional blue and white sailor suit.

Kimono Girl (Geisha?) sounds fantastic. I'm most looking forward to pics of this one.

Musketeer sounds like a promising addition to my pirate theme... will he be an actual musketeer with a musket, or just a guy with a sword, as per popular culture?

Punk... what kind of accessories would he have? A record, like Disco Stu, but with "Never Mind the Bollocks" printed on it?

I wonder which one will be the army builder. Nothing really stands out. Musketeer, possibly?

"Sailor"... which era will this be from? Could be from the Pirate era, which would interest me, although I think it's more likely to be a man in a traditional blue and white sailor suit.

I hope it's the more modern version. We've seen enough pirates already, and there are still more coming with PotC.

Does anyone think the Man with Safety Suit might be some kind of SWAT member? A guy in a hazmat suit is more likely, I guess; I'm just playing around with ideas.

I really hope the "punk" will have a mohawk. We really need an official one!

Does anyone think the Man with Safety Suit might be some kind of SWAT member? A guy in a hazmat suit is more likely, I guess; I'm just playing around with ideas.

From the original Dutch description ('man in veiligheidspak') it sounds more like the latter indeed.

I'm 99.99% percent sure the Sailor's hat will be that of the unreleased "Cadet's Hat" in LDD. :sweet:

In this series we will have up to five sports-themed figs (Surfer Girl, Speed Skater, Hockey Player, Skateboarder, Soccer Player), which is a major turn-off for me but surely a reason to celebrate for some. There will be some historic and such figures: Musketeer, Kimono Girl and Viking, maybe even Sailor and/or Artist. Then there's Monster, Werewolf and Mad Professor for the horror/fantasy/weird/etc. fans - and of course Garden Gnome, ha! For the normal city scenes (sans sports) there's at least Punk and Man with Safety Suit (well, not exactly normal), probably Sailor and Artist too. So, this time we have no space and no obvious musical figure either (you might count Punk, maybe).

I'm interested in the enigmatic Monster and hope that the Werewolf turns out better than previous Lego werewolves, which have been more or less horrendous (in a wrong way). Musketeer and Kimono Girl sound very good too. Hopefully Garden Gnome will have a great red cap!

I'm 99.99% percent sure the Sailor's hat will be that of the unreleased "Cadet's Hat" in LDD. :sweet:

Hopefully! Then I won't have to feel guilty using it in a LDD MOC.

Is there a picture of this piece? I hadn't heard of it before, but then I rarely visit the LDD section :blush:

I am hoping that the punk is more like a punk rocker and comes with an electric guitar or something.

I think the Monster will be most popular... :alien:

Just joking this time. If the list is accurate, I can see myself grabbing as many artists and kimono girls as possible... maybe a couple each of the others. Just have to get through the underwhelming Series 3 first.

You mean "Garrison Cap?" That's part number 4153-- there's not even a remote chance of that being a new piece (all new pieces have five-digit part numbers). My best guess is that it was a piece for which the design was brought to completion (i.e. past the prototype stage) but for whatever reason never made it into an actual set. Possibly a the hat on this key chain, or a variation of it.

These all sound like great ideas-- I've thought for a while now that a garden gnome would make a good fig, and the others also sound amazing. Looking forward to pictures (odd that this is the first minifigure series for which names emerged before pictures, but it's not like I mind).

Muskeeters! Sounds fantastic! :wub:

I'll be anticipating it as I calmly wait for Series 2 to arrive at my LEGO store. :hmpf_bad:

So yeah, good luck to all of us being satisfied with just one... I'm sure we'll all be satisfied with that and won't go crazy trying to find at least the requisite 3... :tongue:

Don't forget that this list, which I still don't 100% accept is genuine, might well change before the final release... remember the 'artist' from series three?

Don't forget that this list, which I still don't 100% accept is genuine, might well change before the final release... remember the 'artist' from series three?

But that was just a fan describing a picture they saw, right? This is a list posted by an online store, so the information seems a lot more reliable.

Granted, I could just be very gullible and not used to how these sorts of online stores operate-- I rarely buy sets online, and never buy them from Europe (being American and all that :tongue: ). But this list seems pretty authoritative to me.

Minifigs I liked in

Series 1: 8

Series 2: 8

Series 3: 8

Series 4: 4

A bit disappointing, if it is true. If it stays like this, I will probably get some on ebay, if there is no bar(de)coding. What should I do with all these figs I don't need? If I want 50% I could sell the unwanted ones on ebay, but not selling 75% of the figs. Plus, with my usual luck it might be 90%... Just my thoughts.

(Series 2 was the strongest and most diversified by far imho)

I'm taking this list with a grain of salt, too. It just doesn't seem varied enough in comparison to the previous series. I mean, there's 5 figs related to sports and 3 to horror. But I do like the idea of most of them, especially the Kimono girl and the artist. I'm just not excited to get another skateboarder and surfer.