skyliner

Technic Lamborghini Countach LP400

I thought i would share an original design by myself, skyliner

It is my favorite car, the Lamborghini Countach LP400.

1:10 Scale, thanks for looking.

2010countach1.jpg

more images at:

My link

Edited by skyliner

I don't like studless designs, but your Countach is really great!

Lines are awesome.

Clearly, I am impressed by the effort invested in this beauty!

Well done!

Truly great!

Even the seats look like the ones in the actual car

Only remark is the rear wing.. (which is absent)

Edited by bord4kop

A very impressive MOC there skyliner! :thumbup:

The lines of the car are very realistic and I like the chrome wheels. To improve, you could add a rear wing and suspension (as already mentioned).

Very well done. :classic:

~buddy~

@ Skyliner: I like your MOC as-is. :thumbup: There isn't any room for suspension in this LOW car, and there are real LP400s out there without the rear wing:

lamborghini-countach-lp400-back-2_109.jpglamborghini-countach-lp400-front-3_109.jpg12895049103_DISPLAY.jpg

Edited by DLuders

Since TLG has a license for producing Lamborghini models, and they have not sold any Countach sets yet, it would be nice if they could produce a set as nice as this. Are you listening, Lego Technic Designers? Maybe they could even produce the Lamborghini Countach LP400 in ORANGE :cry_happy: The older car STILL LOOKS COOL and is very distinctive:

12895036696_DISPLAY.jpglamborghini-logo.jpg

1974 Lamborghini Countach LP400 – in Arancio Orange: 3789013502_f5d2e0c990_b.jpg

According to Wikipedia, "The word 'countach' is an exclamation of astonishment in the local Piedmontese [northwest Italy] language — generally used by men on seeing an extremely beautiful woman." :wub:

It's awesome *oh2* !

PS I didn't know about the existence of this exclamation, but Piedmontese (language with a lot of similarities with French) is not my daily bread :tongue: .

@ Skyliner: I like your MOC as-is. :thumbup: There isn't any room for suspension in this LOW car, and there are real LP400s out there without the rear wing:

This guy HERE managed to squeeze suspension into a low car of the same scale. :classic: People have also modded the very low 8653 Enzo with suspension, so it can definitely be done.

This guy HERE managed to squeeze suspension into a low car of the same scale. :classic: People have also modded the very low 8653 Enzo with suspension, so it can definitely be done.

Thanks for the comments, i decided to go with the LP400 initally, without a rear wing. The LP500 is the later version with a wing and wheel arches. Yes, suspension is possible. I initally placed suspension in the model but decided to remove it as i was concentrating on the asethetics of the body and styling. Getting the model to 'look' correct from all angles is a difficult thing with the countach! This model is not exactly matched, but as close as i could get by using current lego parts.

Yes credit for the chrome wheels idea is due to crowkillers, and inspiration was drawn from his lamborghini's, However the countach has a completely different chassis, steering and drive mechanism, door opening mechanism etc and body shell.

sky

Edited by skyliner

Beautiful :classic: The Countach is one of my favorite supercars of all time (I prefer it to the Gallardo, Diablo and Murcielago at least), and this is a great rendition of it :thumbup: Would like to see it in orange as well, LEGO are you listening? :laugh:

Sweet! Lovely build skyliner. Do the butterfly doors open? Miura next?

Great Lambo. The shape is great, the doors are awesome. The only thing I would not do on my MOC is to cover the car by placing one liftarm next to another. But it looks kinda cool on your Countach.

Great Lambo. The shape is great, the doors are awesome. The only thing I would not do on my MOC is to cover the car by placing one liftarm next to another. But it looks kinda cool on your Countach.

thanks, i tried a number of solutions on the bonnet, i was apprehensive about the liftarms next to one another but the other solutions didnt look any better, and the liftarms look ok so i went with it.

Excuse me, but isn't this the guy from the U.K. who was stealing other builder's ideas and models and selling them on Ebay for Profit? :thumbdown:

Edited by TechnicJuan

Excuse me, but isn't this the guy from the U.K. who was stealing other builder's ideas and models and selling them on Ebay for Profit? :thumbdown:

if that is all you have to say, then please, say nothing. do you have moc's? i would like to see them.

I do have a few comments for your Lego "Morals" but I enjoy posting here, so I'll keep my comments to myself. Your Countach is nice, but I would have to agree with one of the above posters that the roof is much too flat.

Skyliner, I noticed that you sold your Countach on ebay for 206.99 GBP. Why didn't you supply more pictures instead of just one? Don't you think that more pictures could have possibly helped you get more money for it?

Very cool. I loved this car when I was a kid. The countach was literally my dream car for about 10 years. Sadly now it's obsolete and just not as cool as it once once.

I love this MOC though, it brings me back to being a kid and it looks awesome!

1974 Lamborghini Countach LP400 – in Arancio Orange: 3789013502_f5d2e0c990_b.jpg

Your MOC looks fantastic, really congrats...

I mean people can you believe that this car came out actually in 1974??

this is awesome even for today standard!!!

Edited by Tropy

Skyliner has made available the Building Instructions for his Lego Technic Lamborghini Countach LP400. :classic:

"This Lamborghini model is a custom original design by skyliner. Made from approx 1300 lego Technic parts.

Step by step instructions on how to build the model. 367 illustrated pictures in 3 parts, pdf files.

Full graphic part inventory - 1300 parts

Full Build Instructions on CD ROM - PDF Type file"

Edited by DLuders

I don't want to sound rude, that model is ok, but is not worth paying that kind of money to purchase instructions for, in fact I probably wouldn't bother building it if they were free. Plus that guy has very poor Lego morals.

Edited by TechnicJuan