mrplease

2011 Kingdoms + US prices

Why do the Dragon knights and the Lion knights both have crossbows, but neither side has any bows? I wonder if they're reserved for the Forestmen faction...

Historically, this is probably accurate as it takes far less skill to accurately shoot a crossbow than it does a longbow, and is more advanced technology wise. Though you are probably correct about them reserving bows for Indians / Forestmen.

I just want to explain something. I got a Prison Carriage Rescue. And on the last page of instruction there is a pic showing fight between Lions King and... Dragons Leader!

It appears that guy with breastplate from King's Castle is their leader!

4619179464_5c31035470.jpg

(Pic from DaleDVM review)

Lego.com says that the Dragon knight with the breastplate is called an Elite Dragon Knight.

Lego.com says that the Dragon knight with the breastplate is called an Elite Dragon Knight.

hmm So i think its the same way they made Trolls- they made just Elite trolls with breastblate and then we get a king!

I didn't want to get involved in any of this Kingdoms business-- really I didn't-- but I'm sure you can all guess how that turned out :laugh: At any rate, I really wish they put the Battle Packs in TRU or even traditional retail outlets. I'd go for at least 2 just to build up the Dragon Knights!!

I didn't want to get involved in any of this Kingdoms business-- really I didn't--

Heh, welcome to the new world without Pirates. :wacko:

I didn't want to get involved in any of this Kingdoms business-- really I didn't-- but I'm sure you can all guess how that turned out :laugh: At any rate, I really wish they put the Battle Packs in TRU or even traditional retail outlets. I'd go for at least 2 just to build up the Dragon Knights!!

The quality in the battle packs, specifically the dragon knights one is a real let down for me, even though it's a great idea. I didn't think it would bother me, but the difference between the battle packs and legit sets is astounding.

The quality in the battle packs, specifically the dragon knights one is a real let down for me, even though it's a great idea. I didn't think it would bother me, but the difference between the battle packs and legit sets is astounding.

Is this the "chinese plastic" quality difference problem?

Is this the "chinese plastic" quality difference problem?

Yes. The color is slightly off, the molds can be a little funky, and the plastic just doesn't have the same look or feel as regular lego.

A real let-down, to me. I would have liked to boost the numbers of the few Dragon Knights that I have.

Yes. The color is slightly off, the molds can be a little funky, and the plastic just doesn't have the same look or feel as regular lego.

A real let-down, to me. I would have liked to boost the numbers of the few Dragon Knights that I have.

Yeah, thats why I didn`t get any of the Kingdoms battle packs.

I`m just going to wait till 2011 to get more Dragon knights (thats if there is more sets with them in it).

Yes, the qualiy difference from normal lego sets to the battle packs really is a bummer. I posted comparison pics a few months ago when i got my kingdoms battlepacks. the difference really is huge. It almost feels like the battle pack figs have been made by a company that just copies lego , but with less quality material.

Yes, the qualiy difference from normal lego sets to the battle packs really is a bummer. I posted comparison pics a few months ago when i got my kingdoms battlepacks. the difference really is huge. It almost feels like the battle pack figs have been made by a company that just copies lego , but with less quality material.

I was wondering... is the Kingdoms advent calendar quality the same as the battle packs?

No, calendars are normal quality.

I thought I heard that some of the knights in the advent calender were pink (Or I am mixed up with some other set) :sceptic: .

I thought I heard that some of the knights in the advent calender were pink (Or I am mixed up with some other set) :sceptic: .

Pink knights are a different issue, it can happen in normal boxed sets as well. It's because at first they only applied one layer of white paint to red torsos. However, it is supposedly fixed now, so only a small portion of the sets have this problem (the first batch produced). The battle packs have entirely different quality material (so it's not just the painting); softer, less shiny pieces, and it's like that in every single battle pack.

Admittedly, both issues are kind of annoying.

For the record, I opened 3 Advent Calendars so far, and there was no sign of pink. So... I wouldn't worry about it in the case of the calendar.

Same here: the advent calender is top quality. It's an excellent set with great creative details. I hope the 2011 wave will be of the set quality.

Related to the topic: I'm kind of sad that there aren't more fantasy elements in castle sets; Kingdoms is not totally "realistic" castle line, it has unicorns (ok, maybe that is battle equipment), but it does have little dragons :)

So why not other fantasy/none related to the copyright characters? I would love to see more fantasy oriented armor, and maybe 2011 will introduce an "adventures band" set, made of 5 or 6 mercenaries from different species, different armor and weapons, most importantly - NEW ones :)

Anyway, it is a long time to just wait and see, we will have to continue to build Underworld armies with space police 3 and Atlantis heads and armor

The quality issue is really obnoxious, comparing the fantasy era pack to the kingdoms pack, the fantasy pack knights were amazing! and in the kingdoms pack we don't get any knight wearing the new great helm helmet??? serious let down. One thing i especially like about fantasy era was that their were lots of great cheap sets that you could get a lot of to build your army.

I would like to see a new bow, and a longer, skinner, more accurate sword.

A new bow might actually be coming with the Elf minifig from CM vol. 3. Check out the picture to see if you agree with me. Link to topic.

A new bow might actually be coming with the Elf minifig from CM vol. 3. Check out the picture to see if you agree with me. Link to topic.

Very nice, actually! :thumbup:

I never noticed that he had a new bow. Looks pretty good. Though I would rather have a bow without a string and an arrow. Looks a bit ridiculous to my taste.

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

I don't believe that bow will be in any normal sets as indicated by this..

(6:07pm) - Q: Will collectible minifig accessories trickle into playsystems? A - The intention is to make the acessories exclusive.

Source

Pink knights are a different issue, it can happen in normal boxed sets as well. It's because at first they only applied one layer of white paint to red torsos. However, it is supposedly fixed now, so only a small portion of the sets have this problem (the first batch produced). The battle packs have entirely different quality material (so it's not just the painting); softer, less shiny pieces, and it's like that in every single battle pack.

Admittedly, both issues are kind of annoying.

For the record, I opened 3 Advent Calendars so far, and there was no sign of pink. So... I wouldn't worry about it in the case of the calendar.

Well I must be really unlucky because ALL my knights are pink, even the ones from the sets I got last week ( I thought the problem would be solved by now). :angry:

However, I read on classic-castle that LEGO customer service will replace all pink torsos with proper white ones if you contact them.

However, I read on classic-castle that LEGO customer service will replace all pink torsos with proper white ones if you contact them.

I'm sure they will. Also, you'll get to keep the defective pink ones, and you can build up your girl-power pink knight army.