Oswald the Rabbit

General Pirates of the Caribbean Theme Discussion Thread

These spoilers have posed some intriguing questions...

How did Barbossa come to wear a bluecoat uniform and what's happening with this leg?

Great pictures. I wonder if he is working for the navy or is in some kind of official capacity. I also wonder what happened to his leg. The way Barbossa has his eyes closed also makes me wonder if he is blind as well. :pir-sceptic:

I am not smart but .....

In the movies they use bleu backgrounds to change things...

In the movie he (Proberly!) lost his leg, but in real life they can't saw his leg of.....

Take a good look to his knees!!

So he has a bleu sock but in the movie we wil see a wooden leg. (Or something like it)

bluescreen1.jpg

bluescreen2.jpg

bluescreen3.jpg

Do you still follow me?

Edited by Andre1983nl

In the movies they use bleu backgrounds to change things [...] So he has a bleu sock but in the movie we wil see a wooden leg. (Or something like it)

Do you still follow me?

Ummmm... Admiral Croissant already suggested pegleg (which would be the most obvious explaination) a few posts back...

Oh what is it a great sight to see Jack Sparrow back in his element. :pir_laugh2:

I'm excited! Zombies, cutthoats, mermaids! :pir-wub:

About Barbossa's leg, the blue leg is indeed going to be edited. A peg leg is the only thing I can think of. Interesting uniform!

is there any NEW news, rumors or leaks yet?, how long before new sets are released do they usualy start advertising/teasing? or jsut announce that its coming?

An actual Mega Bloks forum?? Weird. Why would people actually like that brand? That's insane. *huh*

To be fair, those two sculptures linked to from their forum aren't anywhere near as bad as Mariann Asanuma seems to think. There's no point bashing megabloks just out of rivalry. And someone on that forum even admits that they didn't like Megabloks POTC that much, just as Lego fans are capable of criticising Lego.

Maybe the two brands aren't so different after all...

Oh, that's right.

51oXl9hoAwL.jpg

LOL.

Oh, that's right.

LOL.

:laugh: That looks almost like a ceramic sculpture...with creepy figures.

Where are the blocks???

Looks interesting, and yes that is definitely a peg leg.

Yes and the funny little red balls on the leg are for points of reference, to tell which angle the leg is at, so they can easily position and orient the computer-generated leg replacement.

To be quite precise the technique is called Motion Tracking or Motion Capture and the red balls are known as markers. :pir-classic:

Wow the Black Pearl confirmed sounds great :pir-cry_happy:

Plus if they do make some Spainish Armada ships then that'd be great also. Plus... Penelope Cruz ( my favorite female actress) is in the movie so maybe we'll get a minifig of her :pir-sweet::pir-wub:

With the introduction of Armada sets then non POTC fans will buy it as well! It will be nice to see a new bluecoat design as well.

I'm excited for the movie, but more so excited for the LEGO sets. Trying to be more truthful than negative, however, with a confirmed Black Pearl, there's likely going be tattered sails and gimmicks, which I don't like. I really hope they do a good job on the Pearl, it being my favourite ship in the series. Aye, I remember arguing between that and the Dutchman with my best friend after seeing the third movie.

im not so exited about Black pearl, why? Becaouse its gonna be totally black or brown :pir-sick: And thats why i would not like to see a ship wich is totally black, if it comes... I surely think three times if i buy it, im sad at they didnt do the Inteceptor :pir_bawling:

Captain Becker

Maybe I missed something, but we have a confirmed Black Pearl and a confirmed not-Interceptor :pir_bawling:

Are there any other confirmations that we have?

Maybe I missed something, but we have a confirmed Black Pearl and a confirmed not-Interceptor :pir_bawling:

Are there any other confirmations that we have?

As far as I know we're not even 100% sure if there's going to be a POTC Lego theme at all, let alone which ships they are going to make.

I think the Endeavour of the film would make a nice ship for them to make (minifig scale). But I don't think that's going to happen...

But if they make a POTC-line, there will be a few nice ships for sure. There have to be :pir-classic:

I really hope the armada returns!

Ive also heard that Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightley wont be appearing for this movie?

Am i the only won who has heard of this? I really hope it's not true. :pir-look:

:jollyroger: Captain Crossbricks :jollyroger:

I really hope the armada returns!

Ive also heard that Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightley wont be appearing for this movie?

Am i the only won who has heard of this? I really hope it's not true. :pir-look:

:jollyroger: Captain Crossbricks :jollyroger:

First of all, youre right, Keira and Orlando wont appear in this next movie, the movie has something do about Wills son i have heard, and no, your not the only one who has heard that. Sorry for the dissapointning you

Captain Becker

im not so exited about Black pearl, why? Becaouse its gonna be totally black or brown :pir-sick: And thats why i would not like to see a ship wich is totally black, if it comes...

Just imagine they would make it dark brown, with all new parts. :pir-wub: