Thanx :classic: Don't expect the parts-lists to be complete tomorrow, but they will come. I will finish my new MOC first (including instructions), cause it uses parts from the 8043. But you might like it as well.

Thanx :classic: Don't expect the parts-lists to be complete tomorrow, but they will come. I will finish my new MOC first (including instructions), cause it uses parts from the 8043. But you might like it as well.

Cool, looking forward to it :)

Would it be possible for you to create the parts-list as a BrickStore inventory? That way I can easily subtract the inventory of the original 8043 to see what parts I yet have to acquire separately.

Edited by jantjeuh

That would be difficult. I've never done it, so I don't know how this must be done. I was planning to make a parts list with MLCad & LPub. Is there a way to convert an MLCad-file into a BrickStore inventory ?

If it's too much hassle for you you can also upload the LDraw file and I'll convert it to a BrickStore inventory myself :)

Luckily I found this, I was just planning to buld 8043 and this great mod makes more fun to it :thumbup:

Cool, looking forward to it :)

Would it be possible for you to create the parts-list as a BrickStore inventory? That way I can easily subtract the inventory of the original 8043 to see what parts I yet have to acquire separately.

I found out how to make a brickstore XML-file from my MLCad files, so I will be able to provide a Brickstore file when I finish the parts list.

I found out how to make a brickstore XML-file from my MLCad files, so I will be able to provide a Brickstore file when I finish the parts list.

Excellent! Making good progress I hope? ;-) Or are you still finishing up your new MOC?

Still working on my other MOC. And I just created Brickstore parts list for my previous MOC's.

And I'm waiting for the new LA's to arrive. I like to use those when I make the 8043 again.

@Jurgen - Just a statement, but love the look of the pneumatic excavator you created. I have always been a huge fan of pneumatics vs LA's, they look a lot more life-like. My love for them came after I built my 8455 Backhoe Loader, that is an incredible model. Only drawback is no airtank, or room to install one, but doesn't detract too much, even as a shelf model the 8455 is stellar, but that excavator you designed looks really good.

Still working on my other MOC. And I just created Brickstore parts list for my previous MOC's.

And I'm waiting for the new LA's to arrive. I like to use those when I make the 8043 again.

Pneumatics are indeed really cool, I agree. But I like LA's much as well. When I would compare my Pneumatic excavator DEC-24 with the Ultimate 8043, I'd prefer the Ultimate 8043 in performance. Okay, pneumatics are stronger. But in an excavator model, it's important to have precise control of the actuators, and that's where LA's stand out. It was more fun to operate than my excavator DEC-24.

Pneumatic Excavator DEC-24:

1260990635m_SPLASH.jpg

Alright, take your time :) Have you uploaded those BrickStore parts lists for your other MOCs anywhere yet?

Yes, they can be found in my brickshelf folder.

Cheers for that :) I see that I need sets 8145 (599 GBT Fiorano) and 8653 (Enzo Ferrari) to cover most of the parts of the 'Little Devil'. Another two sets to add to my wish list.. :D

Hi jurgen, what for a gear ratio do you use between the XL and the LAs? 1:1?

Edited by efferman

I've bought two 8043s, will first build both the A and B models, and then scrap the B model to build your ultimate version.. guess I should have enough parts then :wink:

thanks, currently my version works with 1:1,677 and i think it is a little bit overpowered. The M of the stick rides soon on the Edge in relation to the XL of the Gooseneck. have you the same problem?

the German Manufacturer Liebherr describes the Mainboom of their Ecavators with Gooseneck (pdf from 974C) after Reading the PDF of the 974C i use this name too

M is a M motor

Edited by efferman

I still don't understand. What do you mean with "the motor from the stick" ?

Maybe if you explain in German, I can understand better. I'm Dutch, but I know a bit of of the German language. You can PM-me or send me an email at info@jurgenstechniccorner.com. I'll be glad to help.

Consider this image:

jcb_arm_01.jpg

The first part, from left to right, is the gooseneck boom and the second part is the stick. Then comes the bucket.

Compare to your own arm, first you have the shoulder (main pivot), then the upper arm (gooseneck), then the elbow (stick pivot), then comes the lower arm (stick), then the wrist (bucket pivot) and finally the hand (bucket).

And much like with your own arm, the muscles for moving the shoulder joint are in the superstructure (gooseneck boom cylinder). The muscles for the elbow joint are on the upper arm (stick cylinder) and the muscles for the hand are in the lower arm (bucket cylinder).

So, to translate "The M of the stick rides soon on the Edge in relation to the XL of the Gooseneck. have you the same problem?" into English: :devil:

The M-motor that moves the stick-LA is too weak, compared to the XL-motor that drives the gooseneck boom-LA. At least that's my guess. :classic:

Another interpretation could be that the stick is moving much faster than the gooseneck boom (rides soon on the edge = get's to the end of the stroke fast).

In either case I'd say you need to increase the gear ratio for the stick (or use an XL motor there too). Remember that the XL-motor only has 220 RPM compared to the 405 RPM in the M-motor and the XL motor is almost four times as strong! Source: http://www.philohome.com/motors/motorcomp.htm

Thanks, Tobbe Arneson for your further explanation. I was already able to help Efferman throug PM. We came to the same conclusion: the dipper isn't strong enough. As I see it, this could be solved in 3 ways:

* add gear reduction

* use XL instead of M

* place the motor in the arm to shorten the drivetrain, making it loose less energy on the way.

I didn't consider this a problem with my Ultimate 8043, because you can operate the dipper & bucker simultaniously. This way you have enough digging-power.