Siegfried

User changing of Display Names for Knights+ (no longer available)

I took care of both of you myself.

As a general rule, if someone wants to change their name by adding much needed capital letters, you can still PM the staff and we'll probably do it without it costing you the yearly change, just don't be annoying about it and try to request anything else at the same time or you'll get a creative name change courtesy of our imaginations. :laugh:

Cheers Shadows, I was wondering why it didn't change right away. I figured it would be an aesthetic change for other screens, just not mine. And now I've had lowercase, capitals, and Professor Hastings!

Damn. Now I have to press the Shift key when I want to refer to ComputerBug or Professor Flitwick. :grin:

Just do what most people do, ignore me! :tongue:

Edited by Professor Flitwick

A quick note on name changes.

You are only changing your display name. If your sign-in name is the same, it will not change, so you will still sign in using the same name you had previously, not the new one. Forever. Don't forget how the sign in name is written or ... you can't sign in! And then I'll eat your soul.

Apparently it's my night to make random quick notes and eat souls.

You are only changing your display name. If your sign-in name is the same, it will not change, so you will still sign in using the same name you had previously, not the new one. Forever. Don't forget how the sign in name is written or ... you can't sign in! And then I'll eat your soul.

Please tell me that this is just a pre-emptive thing... :look: I'll add it to the first post.

Please tell me that this is just a pre-emptive thing... :look: I'll add it to the first post.

Preemptive. :wink:

You know me, always trying to make things foolproof in a world where fools are incredibly creative in their foolery. :laugh:

We'll see how this goes and we'll consider making it two in a few months. :wink:

Wow you guys are really generous. I thought one change is already kind of you, but two? IMO, it might not be that good for the forum when regular members keep changing their names. Let's leave the 'themed name changing' to the mods playing around with pre-planned themed funfest/"glitches". :wink:

I took care of both of you myself.

As a general rule, if someone wants to change their name by adding much needed capital letters, you can still PM the staff and we'll probably do it without it costing you the yearly change, just don't be annoying about it and try to request anything else at the same time or you'll get a creative name change courtesy of our imaginations. :laugh:

Ah thanks a lot! I was used to it being one word but honestly I'm not complaining thanks a lot! :sweet:

Edited by ComputerBug

Wow you guys are really generous. I thought one change is already kind of you, but two? IMO, it might not be that good for the forum when regular members keep changing their names. Let's leave the 'themed name changing' to the mods playing around with pre-planned themed funfest/"glitches". :wink:

It could still be useful; like if I wanted to be something else just for Christmas. At the time, though, I wouldn't be able to take advantage of the feature since I can't think of another name. It's hard enough given the fact that I can only think of one word that rhymes with 'doctor'.

Sorry for the major bump, but I can't find where I can change my name. Can someone tell me where to go?

Since the forum upgrade, I also don't see this option. I think this may only be accessible via moderators/admins.

Let me check with the other staff and see what the new settings are.

We're looking in to this, but it's been an issue since the upgrade and may be out of our control.

If it can be fixed, I'll post here, and if it can't, I'll post here and lock it to avoid the inevitable crying. :wink:

So I may never change my name? :sad:

What's wrong with you're name? Pretty cool one if you ask me! :grin:

(Well I had always been planing to stick with my name but it would be nice to have the option back. In case I ever wanted to get rid of the NRG...)

What's wrong with you're name? Pretty cool one if you ask me! :grin:

(Well I had always been planing to stick with my name but it would be nice to have the option back. In case I ever wanted to get rid of the NRG...)

I want Brickington. I don't like my name at all. When I registered for EB, I wanted Brickington in the first place. :sceptic: It's a long story of how Commander Law turned out to be my name. :sadnew:

I want Brickington. I don't like my name at all. When I registered for EB, I wanted Brickington in the first place. :sceptic: It's a long story of how Commander Law turned out to be my name. :sadnew:

Given the circumstances and since you did wait until the appropriate time, I'll change this for you.

Given the circumstances and since you did wait until the appropriate time, I'll change this for you.

Thank You so much! I will give back to the community as much as I can. :classic:

That's odd, I'm still able to change my display name. :wacko:

That's odd, I'm still able to change my display name. :wacko:

Can you take a screen shot of where that option is?

Edit: nevermind, I just tested this and the option is easy to get to.

Click on your profile, then edit profile, then on the left side there are different tabs, click on display name and the option is there.

Upon further testing, none of the normal ranks will allow you to actually change it.

CallmePie try to change yours, if it let's you and you can't change it back I'll fix it for you.

Click on your profile, then edit profile, then on the left side there are different tabs, click on display name and the option is there.

I don't even have the Display Name tab.