XimenaPaulina

Jedi Shuttlebus

Custom overload! This is awesome! The slanted sides, the back, the stickers on the front! Even the top is great! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Hello!

A fantastic creation! It's great to see a lesser known vehicle in system-scale. :classic: It seems to be the perfect use of the large cockpit piece in this shuttlebus. The repulsorlift engines are also nicely designed.

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Nice work, Kiel! I've always loved that little speeder, and you've captured it briliantly! The bottom needs to be a bit wider though.

Lovely shuttlebus, KDM! :thumbup:

Very detailed and movie-accurate! The stickers are very well-applied too! It's a shame its not purple and that the base isn't quite the right shape (that's what I noticed about the door). Still, its an excellent representation!

Good work! :classic:

Thanks ADHO! Yeah, it was supposed to be purple (or near purple) if not for the aforementioned over-editing of the photos. :grin: And I understand that the base isn't quite as wide as I would have wanted it to be. Actually I could have done it using other techniques, but it would compromise the interior space (I had to stick with the 6 stud-wide interior for the 'convenience' of the passengers. :wink:)

Wow this is absolutly amazing one thing though I think the top back cock pit should be turned around and then it would be perfecto :sweet:

Thanks Darth Jar Jar! Actually I could have positioned the pilot cockpit piece either way, but I chose that position to achieve a continuous sloping position at the back (as you could see in this ref. pic)

Jedishuttlebus.JPG

BTW who won the razor squad competition just wondering :look:

It was actually ThatGuyWithTheBricks who won, but sadly, he was banned from EB (for reasons I don't know). :sadnew:

Great work as usual! I think you captured the shape and size of it rather well, the only thing I dont like about it is the CW minifigs :tongue: But that is just my personal preference. Keep up the great work!

At least, there aren't any flick-fire missiles. default_tong.gif

Yes to that! :thumbup::laugh:

Wait- does it have headlights?

Yeah, maybe you should put some light bricks in there. :laugh:

CF

Edited by CommanderFox

Yeah, maybe you should put some light bricks in there. :laugh:

CF

I meant did it have lights that could be weaponized a la Cad Bane's Speeder.

I appreciate the kind words the Inventor. default_classic.gif Uhmm, those strangely colored tan pieces are actually painted parts, that was the closest color match to TLG's tan available in our place. It does look weird but I just have to look at those uneven colors as a something of a 'wear-and-tear' surface effect of the real shuttlebus .

That explains the color difference, it still looks a bit weird.

I meant did it have lights that could be weaponized a la Cad Bane's Speeder.

Yeah flick-fire missile headlights. :tongue::thumbup:

the Inventor

Thanks ADHO! Yeah, it was supposed to be purple (or near purple) if not for the aforementioned over-editing of the photos. :grin: And I understand that the base isn't quite as wide as I would have wanted it to be. Actually I could have done it using other techniques, but it would compromise the interior space (I had to stick with the 6 stud-wide interior for the 'convenience' of the passengers. :wink:)

Thanks Darth Jar Jar! Actually I could have positioned the pilot cockpit piece either way, but I chose that position to achieve a continuous sloping position at the back (as you could see in this ref. pic)

Jedishuttlebus.JPG

It was actually ThatGuyWithTheBricks who won, but sadly, he was banned from EB (for reasons I don't know). :sadnew:

Oh I didn't see that in the reference pic yeah it looks good like that :classic:

Edited by Darth Jar Jar

Quick question; How did you do the windsheild?

It's the same one used in the official Slave I, with custom stickers applied.

Gorgeous MOC, really! :cry_happy: So detailed and well conceived that an ex-SW fan I can only say BRAVO! :thumbup:

Ex-SW fan? Why? How did and SW part ways?

That looks awesome, love the decals, so accurate. Very nice design. You captured the shape really well.

Great job :thumbup:

Wow. Now I know what you were working on! This is one of my favorite Coursant ships.

Thanks MB. Same here, probably my only favorite Coruscant ship.

Simply amazing! It looks like it could almost be a set for 2011.... Keep up the great work KielDaMan!

Thanks! Well I also hope to see this in an official set in the near future, I would love to have a Coruscant set involving the shuttlebus.

As the picturesque were loading I was formulating commentary I'm how much it loomed like the movie version, but it looks like that was your inspiration.

Great job, it really looks accurate.

Thanks Big Cam, glad you like it. default_classic.gif

Custom overload! This is awesome! The slanted sides, the back, the stickers on the front! Even the top is great! pirate_thumbup.gifpirate_thumbup.gif

Thanks for the kind comments prateek! The stickers are ok, but not the perfect of all applications. default_laugh2.gif The glass top does look refreshing for a SW ship, one of the main factors that drew me create this one.

Hello!

A fantastic creation! It's great to see a lesser known vehicle in system-scale. default_classic.gif It seems to be the perfect use of the large cockpit piece in this shuttlebus. The repulsorlift engines are also nicely designed.

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Thanks for the kind words Legostein. When I first saw the trans-clear Slave I cockpit I knew that would be the perfect use for that piece.

Nice work, Kiel! I've always loved that little speeder, and you've captured it briliantly! The bottom needs to be a bit wider though.

'Little' speeder? I don't think that's the right word to describe the shuttlebus. default_laugh_new.gif Yeah as I stated above I could've widened the base but at the expense of the interiors. But I'm glad you still liked it!

Great work as usual! I think you captured the shape and size of it rather well, the only thing I dont like about it is the CW minifigs default_tong.gif But that is just my personal preference. Keep up the great work!

Thanks Admiral Ron! There's nothing I could do with the CW faces, but they should suffice my jedi collection.

It's the same one used in the official Slave I, with custom stickers applied.

Okay cool. I was asking about the stickers though. :classic:

Can't believe I havn't seen this yet, It looks really good! It's always hard doing cannon models, for me at least, because you want them to look as accurate as possible, and I can say that you did a really good job at making this accurate alright. Can't wait to see what your working on next!

Okay cool. I was asking about the stickers though. :classic:

To be specific, this is what I did with the stickers: I spray-painted (more professional finish than printed ones) two bare white sticker papers with tan and purple. I measured the specific dimensions of the cockpit area that need stickers, and then I cut it out and applied them. It is kinda tedious to do, you really have to have some sort of sense of right proportions. I guess it turned out pretty decent, except for the observable peeling. :hmpf_bad:

To be specific, this is what I did with the stickers: I spray-painted (more professional finish than printed ones) two bare white sticker papers with tan and purple. I measured the specific dimensions of the cockpit area that need stickers, and then I cut it out and applied them. It is kinda tedious to do, you really have to have some sort of sense of right proportions. I guess it turned out pretty decent, except for the observable peeling. :hmpf_bad:

You could try using very fine sandpaper (I like 600 grit sanding film, which is plasic backed and can be washed and used many times over) to make the surface of the windshield rougher and therefore easier to adhere to.

You could try using very fine sandpaper (I like 600 grit sanding film, which is plasic backed and can be washed and used many times over) to make the surface of the windshield rougher and therefore easier to adhere to.

The peeling problem happens on the edges and not on the 'flat' surfaces, add the fact that the cockpit piece is curved. Nevertheless, thanks for the suggestion Doc. Maybe next time I would consider using the what I think is the better technique - spray-paint! :devil: