Captain Blackmoor

Le Fourageux, French third-rate ship of the line, minifig scale!

You're building fast lately :pir-classic:

I must say that your carronade looks very good, and the recoil meganism is a great touch!

The anchor design is also good, but have you considered using round pin connectors instead of 1x1 round bricks?

Might look good as well.

Anyway, good luck!

I Agree whit Croissant, i think at the anchor looks pretty light and small such a ship. I guess you need to work at the anchor yet, but otherly its looking good Captain :pir-classic: Keep us updated and fair winds mate, and dont forgot at you have to do the ridding and the sails yet :pir-tongue:

Captain Becker

You're building fast lately :pir-classic:

I must say that your carronade looks very good, and the recoil meganism is a great touch!

The anchor design is also good, but have you considered using round pin connectors instead of 1x1 round bricks?

Might look good as well.

Anyway, good luck!

Thanks Admiral! I'll try out that suggestion, it should be nice. :pir-classic:

I Agree whit Croissant, i think at the anchor looks pretty light and small such a ship. I guess you need to work at the anchor yet, but otherly its looking good Captain :pir-classic: Keep us updated and fair winds mate, and dont forgot at you have to do the ridding and the sails yet :pir-tongue:

Captain Becker

I don't quite get your suggestion, but the anchor size is fine as shown below:

details002.jpg

Thanks for your nice words. :pir-classic:

I mean at the anchor is looking too light, and you should try to do something like Phred did, i guess it would look much better than your current one. (Of course you need to make it a little bit bigger than Phreds in this picture below)

ddwanchor.jpg

Captain Becker

details003.jpg

One of the four anchors, two have been added to the ship now. Credit for the design goes to Captain Blue/Greenhair.

I like the anchor. I have been trying to build an anchor with no success. But a design similar to this will work out very nicely. :thumbup:

Thank you Blacky and Cap'n Gre err Blue Hair.

Hello folks!

I have made some progress with the rigging, but things didn't turn out exactly as I wanted, resulting I have failed to complete the ship before 1 October. :pir-tongue:

Here is a picture to show how far she is.

The main mast is not yet ready to be placed on the ship.

5046726017_c6772cb51c_z.jpg

Let me know what you think!

Hello folks!

I have made some progress with the rigging, but things didn't turn out exactly as I wanted, resulting I have failed to complete the ship before 1 October. :pir-tongue:

Here is a picture to show how far she is.

The main mast is not yet ready to be placed on the ship.

5046726017_c6772cb51c_z.jpg

Aha, You can still see the damage from where the HMS Unicorn barged it out of the way and caused the bow to go flat :pir_laugh2:

I'm loving it, What are your masts made of? They look thicker than rounded 2x2 bricks?

This looks amazing, one slightly radical comment though, I feel like there should be a third mast..

This looks amazing, one slightly radical comment though, I feel like there should be a third mast..

As said above the picture, the main mast is in progress. It is completed already, but I lack the pieces to put it on the ship. An order with the neccessary bricks is on it's way. :pir-wink:

Seems like you have to work hard if you want it to be completed for Legoworld :pir-classic:

Still, I think it looks excellent so far. Only point is that your yard may be too short.

You could get a rather square sail this way, whilst it should be wider than it is high.

But it could just be the angle in which the picture was taken.

Anyway, it looks great, so keep it up :thumbup:

By the way, the Vesta is also finished (except for some hammocks for the 'kooiverschansing') so expect some pictures soon :pirate:

Well, you maby didnt managed to finish her on yime but big projects like this takes time. I like how the ship looks and i ask once again how did you made those masts? And as Joey said the bow looks a bit flat, but its fine. My only con is at you didnt took more pics :pir_laugh2: Great job Captain Oscar the Grouch (I liked the old one better)

Captain Becker

Seems like you have to work hard if you want it to be completed for Legoworld :pir-classic:

Still, I think it looks excellent so far. Only point is that your yard may be too short.

You could get a rather square sail this way, whilst it should be wider than it is high.

But it could just be the angle in which the picture was taken.

Anyway, it looks great, so keep it up :thumbup:

By the way, the Vesta is also finished (except for some hammocks for the 'kooiverschansing') so expect some pictures soon :pirate:

Thanks a lot Admiral for your great feedback! I'll see what I can do. And yes indeed it is hard working to complete it!

Well, you maby didnt managed to finish her on yime but big projects like this takes time. I like how the ship looks and i ask once again how did you made those masts? And as Joey said the bow looks a bit flat, but its fine. My only con is at you didnt took more pics :pir_laugh2: Great job Captain Oscar the Grouch (I liked the old one better)

Captain Becker

Thank you Captain Becker! For the mast technique I'd suggest you to take a look in Phred's Constitution and/or Zcerberus' Phantom threads. It is explained there.

I will make much more pictures then you can ever imagine once it's finished! :pir_laugh2:

I see you have never watched Sesame Street on television in the early days? :pir-tongue:

As said above the picture, the main mast is in progress. It is completed already, but I lack the pieces to put it on the ship. An order with the neccessary bricks is on it's way. :pir-wink:

Ah, I must have skimmed over that bit, sorry! In that case she will be perfect :thumbup:

I see you have never watched Sesame Street on television in the early days? :pir-tongue:

No i havent, actually i havent ever heard of such a program. So Zorro, you, Hinckley, Siegfrieg etc. Has gone wild when watching that eh? :pir_laugh2:

Ye i know, this was a bit off topic

Captain Becker

No i havent, actually i havent ever heard of such a program. So Zorro, you, Hinckley, Siegfrieg etc. Has gone wild when watching that eh? :pir_laugh2:

Ye i know, this was a bit off topic

Captain Becker

What, you've never heard of sesame street :pir-oh3:

By the way, the bow seems to be a little squashed. have you done this on purpose?

details003.jpg

One of the four anchors, two have been added to the ship now. Credit for the design goes to Captain Blue/Greenhair.

have you thought about using barrels to smooth it out, the same kind that you used on the headrails?

Edited by plokoon 4 life!

The color transition from the bow to the sides seems a bit strange to me, but that is my only real complaint.

I like the coloration of the masts and the bowsprit looks good.

The bow is a bit of a quick curve, but I know how hard it is to get the shape right with the brickbuilt hulls using the SNOT techniques on the side.

The decoartions on the bow look great and I like how you incoporated some dk blue up there too.

I wonder if black string is going to be too dark to see all the hard work you are putting in on rigging. Even the brown on the Phantom is a little too dark to photograph all that well. Just a thought.

Good update!

I really like the ship, the masts are looking really great. The angle of the picture doesn't do the ship well it looks a bit strange.

Although I agree with ZCerberus, I think the black string although great isn't very visible when the background is dark so maybe a other color is better.

You have still a bit of time to finished the ship so good luck with it. :thumbup:

Waiting for the finished model.

the Inventor

I'm looking forward giving this beauty a detailed inspection when I see her with my own eyes at LEGOWorld (will be there Sunday 24th).

Looks great so far :thumbup:

You did quite some work since your last update it seems, Captain Blackmoor, and you have every reason to be proud of it :thumbup: .

Much fun in Zwolle!

I'm sure this beautifull vessel shall see the frontpage of Classic-Pirates (and possibly Eurobricks) again when it is deemed ready to sail!

I'm proud to announce the ship has been finished, it just needs a few finishing touches, but I have no time anymore since it will be on display at LegoWorld Zwolle next week! The whole ship has been rigged within a couple of weeks, blood swet and tears! :pir-tongue: Right now the vessel has been packed into boxes which will be loaded in the car tomorrow. When I'm back from LegoWorld, she will be rebuilt and I will add the last things to finish this 2 years project. I will take proper pictures then as well of course.

I will share the table with Admiral Croissant's wonderful frigate 'Vesta'. Unfortunately I cannot bring the sloop Alceste with me, she is nearly finished but some drastic changes are neccessary first. :pir-wink:

For some of you, see you soon! :pir-sweet:

That's good to hear cap'n!

I've been able to make the French flags you wanted and I'll take it to Zwolle as soon as possible.

I think I won't be able to go there tomorrow, but wednesday I think I will.

Anyway, I can't wait to see your ship finished and on display!

I'm glad to hear that this awesome ship is done. Now its time to show it off! :pir-tongue:

Best of luck at the show :thumbup:

That's fantastic news Captain!

I'll see you and your ship in Zwolle next Sunday, and I'll give you my feedback in person :thumbup:

That's good to hear cap'n!

I've been able to make the French flags you wanted and I'll take it to Zwolle as soon as possible.

I think I won't be able to go there tomorrow, but wednesday I think I will.

Anyway, I can't wait to see your ship finished and on display!

Thank you very much Admiral! I'm looking forward to see the flags on the ship, I think it looks impressive! :pir-classic:

Your ship has arrived in Zwolle as well, safe and sound!

I'm glad to hear that this awesome ship is done. Now its time to show it off! :pir-tongue:

Best of luck at the show :thumbup:

It still needs a few little things, Admiral Croissant will try to put the flags on it tomorrow. Some other builders were already very interested in our ships. We surely have something different on stage instead of a layout with trains and large buildings!

That's fantastic news Captain!

I'll see you and your ship in Zwolle next Sunday, and I'll give you my feedback in person :thumbup:

I'm looking forward to see you and CGH again, we sure need to talk! I'm also curious to your feedback. :pir-sweet:

See you Sunday!

Congrats on finishing the ship. This is huge! I have seen several stages of this ship, but never quite realised it's sheer size.

Fantastic :thumbup:

Thank you very much Commander! Her size has increased with the stages. Basically I have just been expanding the ship a bit. :pir-laugh:

The picture there is slightly outdated, as the bow is a little bit more accurate, she has cannons and a crew now, and most important, her main mast is finally there.