Sign in to follow this  
Fires-storm

Cassie Lowdale and the Silver Silence

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

The pilot: Cassie Lowdale is a fairly new recruit to the Skypirates, same as Raina. She however has flight time under her belt, as she was a stunt pilot long before she joined up with the Skypirates. Here she is photographed standing beside her plane, the Silver Silence.

The plane: Silver Silence is a plane I built for a fictional character known as Cassie Lowdale. This plane's build was largely inspired by the American Corsair from WWII, as well as the P38 Lightning and Shannon Ocean's amazing plane, which can be seen here:

PZL-27 Rybitwa "Tern" light ground attack fighter

Thanks for the inspiration mate!

Some basic stats should be included here, so.....

Speed: Around the same as Raina's being 390 MPH.

Turning: Can do a straight 90 degree turn or spin in a 30 foot arc.

Armament: whatever she wants, if she wants any.

Pilot: Cassie Lowdale.

Dive: 430 MPH

Climb: 380 MPH, it loses very little in the climb due to its powerful engine.

Now on to the pics!:

The girl and her bird:

5034158172_288d637695_z.jpg

A front view:

5033536709_9934c5905b_z.jpg

The side:

5034157682_96b89a9c53_z.jpg

The rear end:

5033537307_ddaea272a7_z.jpg

And finally a pic of its functions, plus some facts: As you can see, the wings fold when it is being stored after "Landing". It also features working ailerons, and is unique in that it has no landing gear.

Like the Stingray this plane is intended to be dropped from and picked up by a zeppelin or other airship. It can be outfitted with emergency skids or wheels however.

Another interesting factor is she usually uses no guns, instead running carrier missions and recon for the Skypirates.

5033536905_cafb478403.jpg

I hope you all enjoy this plane, all in all it took about 14 hours of build time to get it down to my wants. Forgive the dirty bricks, I was so excited to build I didn't bother cleaning them :tongue:

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Pretty interesting design and the folding wing mechanism. But the angled wings and rear part sure looks fragile and unstable, is my assumption correct? (especially when you lift up the whole thing).

Pretty interesting design and the folding wing mechanism. But the angled wings and rear part sure looks fragile and unstable, is my assumption correct? (especially when you lift up the whole thing).

Actually, I built the thing like a bloody tank. that was why it took 14 hours :tongue: I can swoosh the thing hard as I like, and picking it up is a breeze :classic::thumbup:

Interesting design 'Fires-Storm' it's a kind of creation from Sky Captain And The World Of Tomorrow eh ? :grin:

Very well done and I'm a conformist! 'Fires-Storm' I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Interesting design 'Fires-Storm' it's a kind of creation from Sky Captain And The World Of Tomorrow eh ? :grin:

Very well done and I'm a conformist! 'Fires-Storm' I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Thanks for the kind comment mate, and yes, all of my planes have at least some Sky Captain influence :classic::thumbup:

Hello!

An interesting design with all the hinges. :classic: I think that a little trans-clear 1x2 panel (like the ones you used for the wings) at the cockpit would even improve the design. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Thank you for your kind comment! Also, there are no trans-clear 1x2 panels on the wings, but do you mean using them as a sort of makeshift windshield for it? I considered that, but I wanted to throw a bit of biplane into it, so made it completely open. :classic:

Thanks for the thought though, I may try it if I make another version! :thumbup: