Sign in to follow this  
Fires-storm

The Stingray

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

The Stingray is a fairly new design by Skypirate Industries. While it is mainly designed as a light scout and racer with no armament, it also has the unique capability of being completely amphibious, being able to travel underwater as well as in the sky. It also features unique hydraulics, doing away with the need for a standard tail section, giving it a small profile on radar, as well as sonar.

Armament can be obtained for the plane, though it does not come standard, and it is often outfitted with torpedo tubes.

Some stats:

Top speed: 300 MPH out of water, around 100 nautical miles per hour below.

Climb: about 275 mph.

Dive: 350 mph. This bird is fairly heavyweight.

Features: being amphibious it can be mounted with most anything able to shoot above water or below, but is mostly used for scouting missions.

Pilot: anyone crazy or adventurous.

And now, the pics!

5030241635_8b4e9a980e_z.jpg

5030857582_9edd89f4aa_z.jpg

5030857624_f1db1eced1_z.jpg

5030241779_d68155ea40_z.jpg

I hope you all enjoy the Stingray!

4th wall break:

This bird was whipped up in about 2 hours, then under went modifications for the next 6. It was originally mostly dark blue, with dark blue wings, but eventually evolved into what you see, which I'm pretty darn happy with. It also has no real landing gear, as they would add weight, and it is designed to be directly dropped out of a landing platform anyhow, so the designer, namely me, saw no point. Many a pilot has had words with me about this during crashes over anything besides water, as the thing floats amazingly.

I got the feeling that I was kind of posting the wrong vibe in the Sci-fi forum, as when everyone else was posting space ships and mechs, I was tossing in planes. Also I never posted here before, so I'm giving it a go :tongue:

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Wow thats a great job! Nice how you made it out of the AAT, great use of parts! :classic:

Thank you, I'm glad you like it! I think I'm one of the few people who when they saw the new AAT thought "Wow, great wings!" :tongue:

Hello,

it's a good combination of curved and round elements to form an aerodynamic design. Looking quite good! :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Hello,

it's a good combination of curved and round elements to form an aerodynamic design. Looking quite good! :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Thanks, I'm glad you like it! That was my main goal, see how many curves I could fit :tongue:

:classic: Nice job fires-storm I really like thw ings and the proppeler :classic:

Thanks, the wings are one of my favorite parts :classic::thumbup:

Very cool plane I like the tailless disign :thumbup: .

Thank you! The tailless design is one of my favorite things to try to incorporate into any plane build :classic:

Very nice concept of an amphibious plane, you really did well capturing the looks of both an aerial vehicle (airplane) and a water-based one (stingray). Good job as usual Fires-storm! :thumbup:

Very nice concept of an amphibious plane, you really did well capturing the looks of both an aerial vehicle (airplane) and a water-based one (stingray). Good job as usual Fires-storm! :thumbup:

Thank you for the kind comment, I'm glad you like it! :classic::thumbup: