Klaus-Dieter

2011 Trains set(s)

I feel 'Klaus' is right, if anything more track structures/buildings i.e. new engine shed or a like.

But we are only guessing, all we know for next year is a small pack of flexi-track, but we can all hope for second half release of something right ? :wink:

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

But we are only guessing, all we know for next year is a small pack of flexi-track, but we can all hope for second half release of something right ? :wink:

We can always hope but Lego have been pretty consistent lately. Police every 3-4 years, ditto Fire.

They seem to have found a formula for trains too. One large freight train, one smaller passenger train, and a couple of smaller sets, plus track and accessories every four years.

I'd be very pleasantly surprised to see any more city train sets for the next few years.

I hope the Emerald Night has sold well enough to ensure another exclusive train. I'd also love to see a modular building style set for trains; perhaps a signal box, or as many hope a large station. It would be great if it allowed several to be combined for those of us who want a really big one, and maybe included an arched roof section, or at least a flat trans clear cover for the platform. Even better if it could be used with a couple of the current city station footbridges, but I guess we could modify that anyway.

The only things I think we are likely to see are the AAA battery box and the new PF train motor sold separately on S@H. That will probably happen when the RC motors run out and they have more than required to meet the demand of the current train sets.

I really hope, that this year Lego start developing smth like monorail. That's most unlikely of course, but I still dream of such a train to be released one day. I hear there are some complications regarding re-vitalizing the existing monorail system, but everything can be solved, so why not?

Yeah, they released 8404, but it's still a very different thing. No rails, sorry...

I really hope, that this year Lego start developing smth like monorail. That's most unlikely of course, but I still dream of such a train to be released one day. I hear there are some complications regarding re-vitalizing the existing monorail system, but everything can be solved, so why not?

It's not so much about the technical complications, as the economic ones. Trains don't get as many sales for Lego as Police for example. By adding monorail, TLG wouldn't double their total train sales, because many families would buy either a monorail or train, not both. So then they'd have more sets and overhead and less sales per train set. They're much better off designing a new action theme instead.

This I understand is why every time TLG is asked about monorail they say there is no plan to release any more. Generally they will not discuss upcoming sets before the release, but with monorail they have been very clear. There are no plans to release any new monorails. The old molds have been destroyed and it's probably not worth the expense of building new ones.