Sign in to follow this  
Admiral Giddens

Review: 7784 Batman - UCS Batmobile

Hey there guys... here's a set that is chock fulla Lego goodness. BRICK! Check out my review of the UCS Batmobile. It's a great set... very old skool in many respects. One of those sets you know you can build into a great spaceship! :-D

UCS Batmobile at PCS

batmobile001.jpg

If you need a supply of black bricks and curvy slopes, then this is for you! :-P

cool. definitely not something i would get. i like everything to be minifig size. it's the only reason to get lego models in my opinion. *wub*

Nice design with the 1x1 slopes up front. Other then that: big, black & boxy. I still don't like it...

Good pictures and review. :-)

This set looks like it has some great parts, but I doubt I'll buy it. Nice comic at the end, too...

i'm not a batman fan, so i'll let this pass... this thing looks like a brick on wheels to me, I don't even think you can move the wheels...

Tks Chris for this once again great review ;-)

I really don't like this model !! I think its way to blocky, but its good to see some of the details of the set !! The only great parts are the Batman logo parts stuck on the rim !! Tks that we have one in the Batcave ;-)

I wonder how Batman can drive when the front is up X-D

Great little comic once again !!

Drive On !!

*yoda*

I like this set. I'll probably get it when it comes out in the UK.

Nice review. the model certainly ahve more details to it than visible on the earlier pics.

It seems that you also own the Batcave8can be seen in several of your pics). would you mind making areview for that one too?

Very nice review, short but sweet. And I like how some of the pics did the talking ;-). Funny comic, even though I kind of saw the gag coming. Keep the good reviews coming.

Excelent Review *y*

I'm quite looking forward to building this sucker and sticking it on my shelf...Here's to hoping we get a UCS Batwing next year

Deino.jpg

Nice review, it actually made me consider buying it. But when I checked S@H I noticed this:

Austria: EUR 94.99

Germany: EUR 94.99

Belgium: EUR 89.99

NL: EUR 89.99

Italy: EUR 79.99

Spain: EUR 79.99

SWE: SEK 999 (about EUR 108!)

DK: DEK 799 (about EUR 107!)

CAN: CAD 109.99 (about EUR 77)

AUS: AUD 129.95 (about EUR 76)

US: USD 69.99 (roughly EUR 55)

And yes, that's the regular price in the States. At least there's no mentioning of a sale...

Sorry for bringing the price thing up again. We're used to price differences, but lately it's gotten worse, and those 50 % between Europe (except for our southern fellows in Italy and Spain) and the US is just something I had to vent. Even Australia is cheaper (save the shipping) >:-(

Nice review, it actually made me consider buying it. But when I checked S@H I noticed this:

Austria: EUR 94.99

Germany: EUR 94.99

Belgium: EUR 89.99

NL: EUR 89.99

Italy: EUR 79.99

Spain: EUR 79.99

SWE: SEK 999 (about EUR 108!)

DK: DEK 799 (about EUR 107!)

CAN: CAD 109.99 (about EUR 77)

AUS: AUD 129.95 (about EUR 76)

US: USD 69.99 (roughly EUR 55)

And yes, that's the regular price in the States. At least there's no mentioning of a sale...

Sorry for bringing the price thing up again. We're used to price differences, but lately it's gotten worse, and those 50 % between Europe (except for our southern fellows in Italy and Spain) and the US is just something I had to vent. Even Australia is cheaper (save the shipping) >:-(

I think that it is okay to bring up this matter, although not in every single thread.

I also hope that it will debunk a rumor that I once heard, that Lego should be cheaper in Denmark than in the USA, which is not true.

i'm sure the prices will eventually find their way to europe. can you say ebay? *wub* i rarely buy from shops either. ebay is just so much cheaper...even for the US. i got a slave 1 6209 for $40 incl shipping (retail price of $50)! that's like a 75% value (when you account for sales tax). the only time i got from shops was during the TRU buy 1 get 1 50% off sale. *wub*

i'm not sure how these guys get their cheap goods - probably retailers since they get a 38% margin from Lego.

i like this set! :-) has anybody in the know found out why the batman line is not avaliable in the UK? :-/ at shop@home anyway.

Nice review- Thanks!

God Bless,

Nathan

It will arrive on August 1st, according to the batman lego site.