Sign in to follow this  
ACPin

Yavin IV Massassi Temple

This is great, excellent job! :thumbup:

The only thing that caught my eye is that the windows of the sky boxes appear to be different on both sides.

Is this intended, it might otherwise look good to have them all with the grey frames.

I was holding my breath. :grin:

Did you at least take notice of this since you pointed it out in the WIP?

YavinIVMassassiTemple-a42-055.jpg

Woops! I was talking about the tan ridges above it. :classic:

Started to do that portion in bricks for a flat look like the one on top. But had sagging issues with the middle portion since it had no support and was too heavy. :sad: Just had to switch with the plates instead.

Man, this is awesome. Congrats.

:sweet:

This is great, excellent job! :thumbup:

The only thing that caught my eye is that the windows of the sky boxes appear to be different on both sides.

Is this intended, it might otherwise look good to have them all with the grey frames.

Good eye as those should have been the same but I ran out of the same pieces for the clear side. :blush:

AC

Did you at least take notice of this since you pointed it out in the WIP?

[snip]

I did. :thumbup:

I think that's the first MOC of that ship I've ever seen. Was that built from only the one picture?

I did. :thumbup:

I think that's the first MOC of that ship I've ever seen. Was that built from only the one picture?

Yes and I should have shown one of the pilot pod detached as in the reference pic.

AC

Nice. Makes it that much more impressive.

Thanks and here's the other view that shows the back side (left wing) similar to the newer B-Wing.

YavinIVMassassiTemple-a40-045.jpg

I'll probably update this ship later and use it on other MOCs.

AC

From a tree :tongue:

There's Lego tree's now? :oh3:

Feel free to stealborrow any design aspect from this for your own MOCs.

PaB has been good to me (also good to know the staff at the Lego store). :wink:

Awesome - I may well do. I went to the US earlier this year but didn't find any leaves. Got plenty of stalks though :blush:

I wish I lived in the US (OK, only on the lego front - I love NZ :tongue: ). ACPin, If you ever get the chance at bulk cheap leaves, Don't hesitate to PM me :wink:

Also, the more I look, I must congratulate you on you're brilliant use of Grey Vs Bley. You actully made it look nice :wub:

Wow! I knew it! Great as usual, of course. The only flaw I see is your use of the older sets. :thumbup:

Please when doesn't Acpin do great plus anybody can youse what sets they want to. :wink:

Eagerly awaiting it!

That's going to be awhile.

There's Lego tree's now? :oh3:

Awesome - I may well do. I went to the US earlier this year but didn't find any leaves. Got plenty of stalks though :blush:

I wish I lived in the US (OK, only on the lego front - I love NZ :tongue: ). ACPin, If you ever get the chance at bulk cheap leaves, Don't hesitate to PM me :wink:

Also, the more I look, I must congratulate you on you're brilliant use of Grey Vs Bley. You actully made it look nice :wub:

Just lucky at times to be at the store when they had them (also good to know when they get new shipments).

Doesn't bother me at all to use the new shades of colors with the old shades. At times it's a good mix to show weathered/used look than just one shade.

Please when doesn't Acpin do great plus anybody can youse what sets they want to. :wink:

The original ships were planned for this dio to be consistent overall except for the custom one behind the MF.

AC

Wow, that's amazing, just curious how long did it take to make such a beautiful creation? Anyway awesome work is all I have to say.

Thanks and it took about a month to build.

AC

What a terriffic moc. :thumbup::classic:

I like the little hospital, the sleeping barracks, the computercentre and the briefing very much.

Has you made a sort of green medic droid to the left in the hospital?

What a terriffic moc. :thumbup::classic:

I like the little hospital, the sleeping barracks, the computercentre and the briefing very much.

Has you made a sort of green medic droid to the left in the hospital?

Here's a pic of the sick bay showing the droids and other happenings. :grin:

YavinIVMassassiTemple-a36-062.jpg

AC

Not the best pic, but that IS an impressive med bay.

Another view, though some of the minifigs are obscured from the shot.

YavinIVMassassiTemple-a35-021.jpg

I wanted to include a Bacta tank but not much space to work with. :sad:

AC