Sign in to follow this  
SuperChris

REVIEW: 4737 Quidditch Match

Thanks for the review... I see your note about the cameraphone but if you have access to them, a tripod and macro mode on a regular digital camera would improve the images greatly. If you're serious about doing reviews, something more than a cameraphone would help. :)

m19

Someone didn't read the whole review....

He usually uses a Nikon, but broke the lens.

Sorry, I did explain at the start of the review though. Its so hard to tell on my phone screen which are sharp and which are blury :wacko:.

Thanks for the feedback anywho :thumbup:.

No worries. I now have a digital camera for almost one year and I still practicing with it, so I know it's not that easy. :classic:

And I'm happy to see pics of this set.

Edit: And a sorry from me, because I didn't read the start of the review good enough. But I wanted to say the critic as nice as possible.

Edited by Wout

Thanks for the review... I see your note about the cameraphone but if you have access to them, a tripod and macro mode on a regular digital camera would improve the images greatly. If you're serious about doing reviews, something more than a cameraphone would help. :)

m19

I have a Nikon, and a A level in photograph, I kind of know what I'm doing :laugh:. I just need to order a new lens for my Nikon, then I'll be set to go. I thought the phone camera would do until I replaced the Nikon lens :sweet:.

I have a Nikon, and a A level in photograph, I kind of know what I'm doing :laugh:. I just need to order a new lens for my Nikon, then I'll be set to go. I thought the phone camera would do until I replaced the Nikon lens :sweet:.

Then perhaps you should have waited to do the review until then.

The pics really don't do this set any good.

I am not a Harry Potter fan, but deciding wether or not to buy this set for parts and figs from the pictures is nearly impossible when they're all blurry.

Sorry, but rushing to be the first, isn't always the way to win in the long run.

Then perhaps you should have waited to do the review until then.

The pics really don't do this set any good.

I am not a Harry Potter fan, but deciding wether or not to buy this set for parts and figs from the pictures is nearly impossible when they're all blurry.

Sorry, but rushing to be the first, isn't always the way to win in the long run.

Sorry, I mealy trying to help out the community. I'm sure some people would rather have a review, then no review at all. I'm not the only person who doesn't have amazing quality pictures for posting reviews. I saw plenty of Toy Story reviews with pictures of the same quality when they first came out, but you don't bite down there necks. I'm down with feedback, but if I want to do a review, then I'm allowed to, there is no rule that says 'only mods/academy reviews (What a title) can only review new sets. Don't like the pictures? Close the webpage and come back when one of your academy reviews have reviewed the set.

Thanks for the review SuperChris.

This is the second year Gryffindor-Slytherin game. One of the Bludgers is cursed by Dobby and Harry get his arm de-boned by Lockhart. I prefer the tower from the 2002 set for its printed Slytherin and Gryffindor bricks, blue is fine for Ravenclaw but why bley? I doubt we will see a Hufflepuff tower.

It`s great to see Flint and Wood. I agree with Wout that I would like to see Cho Chang and Cedric Diggory, we already have a lot of Harry and Draco. I do like the new Hooch, but I appear to be in a minority.

Robuko

Edited by robuko

I've decided, I must get this set. I can't resist that much flesh coloured figs, it is too perfect for enlarging my Batman Legoverse. And the trophy will be neat too.

Thanks for the review, though the picture quality doesn't do it justice. I can see you've got a lot of good shots lined up, but the use of a camera phone brings down the review a lot. Sorry, I don't want to sound mean, but I think a lot of people would appreciate it a lot more if you could get some clearer pics next time. Hopefully if you do another review it can be when you've got a new lens because you'll probably knock it out of the park :classic:

Batbrick Away! :devil:

A big thanks to SuperChris for the review. Sure, some of those pics aren't clear as day, but like he said: rather a review than no review. Definitely.

An internet forum is a place where members should be allowed to post within certain limits. It is absolutely right that limits concern bad language and generally inappropriate content. But surely they're not meant to stand in the way of well-meaning, respectable members doing something for the community? Amateurism (which is not the case here, but which I bring up in combination with blurry photos) has no place on tv or radio or in news papers. But please, let's keep this one "democratic" medium available for as many non-aggressive, non-violent, non-insane people as possible. Please.

SuperChris' review of the small Buzz set was really good. It's clear the pics in this review only turned out the way they did, because he's experiencing camera trouble. I'm sure that bugs the man himself most. He still took the effort and time to do this for us. He's got the set, he could've enjoyed it quietly in his own room. But SuperChris chose to share it with all of us. I personally think that's commendable and I thank him for it.

Edited by Mr Spielbrick

A big thanks to SuperChris for the review. Sure, some of those pics aren't clear as day, but like he said: rather a review than no review. Definitely.

An internet forum is a place where members should be allowed to post within certain limits. It is absolutely right that limits concern bad language and generally inappropriate content. But surely they're not meant to stand in the way of well-meaning, respectable members doing something for the community? Amateurism (which is not the case here, but which I bring up in combination with blurry photos) has no place on tv or radio or in news papers. But please, let's keep this one "democratic" medium available for as many non-aggressive, non-violent, non-insane people as possible. Please.

SuperChris' review of the small Buzz set was really good. It's clear the pics in this review only turned out the way they did, because he's experiencing camera trouble. I'm sure that bugs the man himself most. He still took the effort and time to do this for us. He's got the set, he could've enjoyed it quietly in his own room. But SuperChris chose to share it with all of us. I personally think that's commendable and I thank him for it.

Thank you! It really is annoying, and I'll be happy to take some more pictures when I get it sorted :)!

Until then, there is no point crying over broken cameras, an lets move on :)!

The pics really aren't that blurry. I can see them fine.

It's doubtful, but an equilavent of this set with Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw would be awesome. But who could take Hooch's place? :oh:

It's doubtful, but an equilavent of this set with Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw would be awesome. But who could take Hooch's place? :oh:

We could have Luna commentating! :laugh: I remember that was a big part in a chapter of the 6th book, but I'm not sure about the movie...

I will get this set because A)It is a Harry Potter set :thumbup: and B) It's cheap. :wub:

The figures are great and so is the actual set, but the Quidditch scenes were never my favorites. For the $20 set of the wave, I would have rather have had a remake of one of the older classroom sets, but I guess Lego was looking for variation...

Edited by Derek

We could have Luna commentating! :laugh: I remember that was a big part in a chapter of the 6th book, but I'm not sure about the movie...

:laugh: That would be great! It was a different scene, but maybe she could have the Gryffindor lion hat. :tongue:

So the inside of the capes isn't white like some pics have it shown? Great news, I want to use the dark green capes to add some spice to my dragon knight faction :classic:

The pics really aren't that blurry. I can see them fine.

I agree... more than good enough to form an opinion, IMO.

At only $20US, it's a pretty decent value for 5 classic minifigures, even though I don't like quidditch. I figure if I'm going to buy $300 worth of Harry Potter, might as well get this one, too.

We could have Luna commentating!

That would be cool; one of my biggest disappointments with the whole new wave of Harry Potter sets is that Luna has the freaky glasses on. Maybe like all the other sets her head is two sided, but otherwise it looks terrible for anything except the train.

Don't get me wrong... I'm thrilled having new HP sets, having missed most of them the first time around.

Edited by fred67

That would be cool; one of my biggest disappointments with the whole new wave of Harry Potter sets is that Luna has the freaky glasses on. Maybe like all the other sets her head is two sided, but otherwise it looks terrible for anything except the train.

Don't get me wrong... I'm thrilled having new HP sets, having missed most of them the first time around.

Don't worry! Her head is double sided :)!

Finally put this together last night, and wanted to add my two cents (I haven't finished the reviewer academy, and I didn't want to do a complete second review anyway).

First, for the most part, this set should be called "Five great minifigures with capes and brooms and a few other bits." Ok, just kidding, but it's quite obviously a minifig set. To be sure the goals are kind of neat... but it's not a complete Quidditch match because you only get one set of goals... another three would have been nice. Anyway, a few pictures:

quidditch-01.jpg

quidditch-02.jpg

This cup is kind of cool... it's got a nice spot that a decal could go on, so it's surprising they didn't bother:

quidditch-03.jpg

Comments: What would have been nice? Three more goals. Yes, I know, there's not enough players, but I would have appreciated it anyway, as I display my sets and I think it would be cool. I will end up doing my own, but the colors won't match. I was actually considering buying a second set for more goals, to build a taller observation stand, and I figured the minifigures would probably return quite a bit at some point... I probably won't, but it's a thought.

What the heck are those launcher things? I don't recall them from the movies, although I may just be daft. Yes, I figure they're the things that launch the bludgers, but for a playset it's pretty useless, and as a display set they're completely useless.

I think they could have done a better snitch. Perhaps a 1x1 modified brick with studs on the sides and plumes... something like:

47905.gif with 64647.jpg (different colors, of course)

Overall, it's a great set for five classic figures. I'm glad I went ahead and got it (I wasn't going to). It's the first of the new HP sets I've put together, and I'm pretty happy with it. I showed my manager at work some of the little vignettes I made for the new collectible minifigures, and she offered to get me some new shelves to display them in my office... I think I'll take her up and display this set as well. I bought some dark green felt for the pitch, I think it works well.

For the snitch, if they used the pieces you posted, it wouldn't be the right size at all. If you want more goalposts, you should definitely get another set. Plus, you'd be a lot closer to a full team as well.

:laugh: That would be great! It was a different scene, but maybe she could have the Gryffindor lion hat. :tongue:

That would be awesome! A Lion hat that could be used as a minifig head would rock! :wub:

Or Lee Jordan as commentator.