Sign in to follow this  
Praiter Yed

LDD MOC: Luke's Landspeeder

Here's my version of Luke Skywalker's X-34 Landspeeder. I started work on this before TLG released their most recent effort (nearly a year ago?) and I suppose I gave up on it. When I discovered the secret of unlocking LDD's universal mode here on EB, I decided to give it another go. There are areas that are not very movie accurate - I would prefer to have the grill in-set, but I think that's a sacrifice I'll have to live with. The colour scheme is all wrong, I'm quite keen on using Medium Dark Flesh so I'm hoping TLG release more pieces in that colour - in particular 1 x 4 tiles. The top rear engine would be attached using an illegal connection (sorry) although I think it would be relatively easy to make a legal version. I'm trying to build a test model at the moment but haven't even got the right parts for that! Suggestions for improvement happily received...

landspeeder-top.jpg

I would add some decals or stickers on the front to continue the grill effect.

landspeeder-rear.jpg

x34-landspeeder-side.jpg

Test model...

landspeedersketch2.jpg

Latest version: Version X

01-landspeeder-x.png

More images here.

lxf file is here.

EDIT: Inserted test model image.

EDIT 13.01.11: Updated lxf file to Version 10 which has improved structural integrity and more movie accuracy.

Edited by Praiter Yed

Great job! Nice SNOT work, and the right engine looks very accurate! :thumbup:

Thanks, it's my first SNOT (at least virtual SNOT). And for the engine I'm going to buy one of these...

post-11296-128346671719.jpg

Great job. I particularly like the front. Well done indeed!

Thanks, getting the front right was the driving force behind the whole thing.

Edited by Praiter Yed

BTW, you should've posted this in the SW forum, where you would've gotten more feedback from the SW saavy :classic::tongue:

BTW, you should've posted this in the SW forum, where you would've gotten more feedback from the SW saavy :classic::tongue:

If I build it I'll probably post it there. I decided to post here because it was pretty much down to Superkalle's contest that I started work on it again - plus essentially it is using LDD as a tool for MOCing which was the point of the contest. I was hoping someone might help come up with some improvements though :classic: