Sign in to follow this  
ACPin

Capt welcomes you to an MOC in progress

Is the 1999 X-wing somehow more accurate than the 2006 one? (size, maybe?) Because Brickplumber's Hoth dio also used only the old version.

If anything, the older 7140 X-wing is less accurate to minifigure size than the newer version. But I think there are certain details on the older version (shape and printing on the nose, grey color, etc.) which I prefer to the newer one. Plus, a smaller X-wing allows for a smaller diorama, which is always good for those in shortage of parts. :classic:

The bridgelike structure over the X-wing and the tile floor looks amazing. I love that after all those Menace-based dioramas you're showing one from the original Trilogy. I can't wait to see the finished product ACPin!

a smaller X-wing allows for a smaller diorama, which is always good for those in shortage of parts. :classic:

Thought so.

Wow. Nice Treawheel droid. I love the X-wing underf construction. Nice work yet again!

Under pre-flight maintenance checks as it's being refueled and R2 unit lifted by tow arm to its berth.

Is the 1999 X-wing somehow more accurate than the 2006 one? (size, maybe?) Because Brickplumber's Hoth dio also used only the old version.

Not really as I've had this built and didn't want to open the other one.

If anything, the older 7140 X-wing is less accurate to minifigure size than the newer version. But I think there are certain details on the older version (shape and printing on the nose, grey color, etc.) which I prefer to the newer one. Plus, a smaller X-wing allows for a smaller diorama, which is always good for those in shortage of parts. :classic:

The bridgelike structure over the X-wing and the tile floor looks amazing. I love that after all those Menace-based dioramas you're showing one from the original Trilogy. I can't wait to see the finished product ACPin!

^Ditto^

That structure has to support the second level and I've also gotten tired of the PT after having them done in the last few months. Perhaps next week if all goes according to plan.

hello

Magnificent work, we are now used.

Deeply the continuation :thumbup:

:classic:

AC

It's starting to look really good AC! I really am liking the hanger floor a lot right not! :thumbup:

This is truly going to be a huge MOC. I really can wait to see the whole thing.

P.S. I love your treadwell droid in the third pic! :thumbup:

4th pic added 08/29/2010, go back to first post to view it.

It's starting to look really good AC! I really am liking the hanger floor a lot right not! :thumbup:

Finally taking shape and will just have to repeat that hangar several times.

This is truly going to be a huge MOC. I really can wait to see the whole thing.

P.S. I love your treadwell droid in the third pic! :thumbup:

Whole size was mentioned in previous responses and would be completed soon.

AC

I see the Falcon at the top. default_blink.gif

I do too. I guess that B-Wing proves it isn't a Yavin MOC....

Edited by The Legonater

Looking fantastic as allways ACPin!

You seem to outdo your previous mocs easily. :classic: It'd be cool if you could join it to KimT Yavin IV moc, then it would become the ultimate yavin set up!

CF

first post back from a few months break, feels nice! Loving the new forum setup, alot more tidy :thumbup:

I see the Falcon at the top. :wink:

:grin:

I do too. I guess that B-Wing proves it isn't a Yavin MOC....

Remember that this is still a wip and things are not what they end up to be in the final scene. :wink:

Unless it's an H-60 Tempest Bomber:

You're on the right track. :wink:

Looking fantastic as allways ACPin!

You seem to outdo your previous mocs easily. :classic: It'd be cool if you could join it to KimT Yavin IV moc, then it would become the ultimate yavin set up!

CF

first post back from a few months break, feels nice! Loving the new forum setup, alot more tidy :thumbup:

Maybe somebody wants to pay up for the expenses to have them together? :laugh:

AC

So, can we expect R-22 Spearheads and Z-95 Headhunters?

I am actually in the middle of making a Z-95 Headhunter.

5th and final preview pic added 09/03/2010, go back to the first post to view it.

That troop transport is really cool! :thumbup:

:sweet:

So, can we expect R-22 Spearheads and Z-95 Headhunters?

If I can only fit all of them in the small space (2x3 large baseplates). :grin:

I am actually in the middle of making a Z-95 Headhunter.

You really should make your own thread about it.

AC

Edited by ACPin

Unless it's an H-60 Tempest Bomber:

800px-YavinHotRodGarage-ITW.jpg

(Lower left-hand corner)

Bah, retcons.

2x3 large baseplates? So it's 128x192 studs that's huge! (102.4cm x 153.6cm!!!)

I'm really not sure about how accurate this diorama actually is (for one, no walls separating fighters in the actual hangar) but the attention to small details and the floor tiling makes this absolutely amazing.

If I can only fit all of them in the small space (2x3 large baseplates). :grin:

And here we thought you had endless supplies of baseplates and tan 2x2 tiles. :laugh:

Didn't the Great Temple have multiple hanger levels? I remember in the Junior Jedi Knights series, Anakin Solo used an elevator to access an underground hanger.

for one, no walls separating fighters in the actual hangar

4930358721_f8c47e34e0.jpg