SilentMode

MOC: MHI Patient Carrier

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

STORY

In the not-so-far future, the stigma surrounding mental health has increased dramatically: people suffering from mental illnesses are seen in the same light as first-degree murder convicts.* It's become easier than ever to have someone committed.

With the rise in attacks on patients and the vehicles transporting them, a solution was commissioned and developed by one mental health institute:

p6140063.jpg

The vehicle was designed from the ground up to be impenetrable, for the security of MHI staff (and maybe possibly anyone riding in the back). At the expense of aesthetics and functionality, it is entirely bulletproof, damageproof and bombproof once constructed.

(I didn't consider this to be a Town MOC mostly because of the theme, but also because the vehicle is 12 studs wide, as opposed to the usual 4, 6 or 8.)

p6140055.jpg

The controls of the vehicle. Various dials and radios on the control panel, as well as a "panic button" on each side in case something happens.

There is meant to be another steering wheel for the other seat as well. And alas, the inclusion of nightstick and walkie-talkie holders was overlooked.

p6140070.jpg

Two dedicated MHI staff members who love their jobs.

p6140072.jpg

Side view of the vehicle. The doors on each side are opened using a scanner, but remain locked at all times.

The only thing missing from the vehicle is the hinges for the roof section, represented by gaping holes. The slope at the front is the sole reason why there are light bluish grey parts instead of white.

p6140078.jpg

Teen sensation Bryknii, complete with two mics, models the inside of the carrier. (One mic for volume, the other for auto tune.)

p6140081.jpg

The vehicle with the roof in place:

p6140082.jpg

p6140089.jpg

More photos available in the BrickShelf gallery.

* No offence was intended towards people with mental health issues, it's a sensitive area for me also.

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Teen sensation Bryknii, complete with two mics, models the inside of the carrier. (One mic for volume, the other for auto tune.)

Oh the X-Factor Auto-tuning, Everyones on about it now! :laugh:

I love the Van, reminds me of something that would be out of a Fallout game, The retro style yet futuristic. :thumbup:

I love the Van, reminds me of something that would be out of a Fallout game, The retro style yet futuristic. :thumbup:

Thank you very much! The auto-tuning isn't that much of a surprise to me, I'd suspected something like that was going on.

LoL'd at Bryknii default_laugh_new.gif

Very nice concept of this MHI patient carrier. I like the simplistic design of the van, the all-white color looks clean and the finish is smooth.