Eichhorn

(MOC) Midi Slave I

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Since I bought my copy of 8097-Slave One I wanted to build my own version. I tried a couple of times in minifig-scale before I gave up and built this.

The Slave I is a curvy ship and I did my best to capture to overall shape at such a small scale and I'm quite happy with how it turned out.

It's kind of my first MOC since I came out of my dark ages. I even ordered some parts off Brick-Link to complete it, which was another first for me.

So I guess I'll add another first time and share it with you guys.

C&C appreciated!

4921263758_1071522eaa.jpg

4920666791_2f8741e63b.jpg

4921266566_7dae2049e6.jpg

4920668567_07b492d656.jpg

(Full Set on Flickr)

The last picture is a cross eye 3D thing I tried. Click the picture for a bigger Version on Flickr and an explanation on how to view it.

UPDATE:

4924903620_3e343298c6.jpg

Here's the LDDfile. The only thing that's not in it is the illegal cut thechnic tube for the tailguns. Have Fun!

LDDfile

edit: Updated LDD-link.

Edited by Eichhorn

Great job! It is really detailed. I love the body details, and the tail guns are smartly done :thumbup:

Great job! It is really detailed. I love the body details, and the tail guns are smartly done :thumbup:

Hey that looks fantastic!!!! I love the slave 1. Would you mind taking pictures of it in sections from start to finish? so i can make one myself? thanks

I love how you managed to get the right shape, colors, and details for such a small scaled-Slave I. One clever technique I noticed is the 'reverse stud build' at the tail end, nice use of the stud hole in the modified 2x2 plate with hole. Certainly job most impressive Eichhorn! :thumbup:

I have to say this is one freaking sweet build! I love all the detail you packed in and there are some very interesting and smart techniques used. Kinda makes me want to build one of my own.

Excellent midi scale ship - great colours and clever tricks used for the tail section ! :thumbup:

Great work 'Eichhorn' and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

That's great. My first real MOC after my dark ages was a midi-gunship. You should try make some if that stan out of transparent bricks as you kind of loose the shape of the ship with all that black. Regardless, thumbs up all the way.

That is so nice. I wish lego would actually release this and then release a UCS version of Slave 1.

Hey that looks fantastic!!!! I love the slave 1. Would you mind taking pictures of it in sections from start to finish? so i can make one myself? thanks

I have to say this is one freaking sweet build! I love all the detail you packed in and there are some very interesting and smart techniques used. Kinda makes me want to build one of my own.

I gotta clean up the LDD version, but I will post it so you can built your own version.

That's great. My first real MOC after my dark ages was a midi-gunship. You should try make some if that stan out of transparent bricks as you kind of loose the shape of the ship with all that black. Regardless, thumbs up all the way.

I will check if all the pieces for the stand are available in tan. Don#t wanna change the shape of the stand tough as it works quite well as it is.

I'm also waiting for the Tower Bridge to give me some tan cheese slopes for the wings

THX for the nice feedback guys.

I gotta clean up the LDD version, but I will post it so you can built your own version.

thanks. Cant wait. I prefer the stand in black. it reminds me of the UCS stands. I would say this is a Midi UCS. Now make a UCS label/display card and it will be awesome.

Love it... thanks for offering the LDD file, that's mighty nice of you... I only collect OT stuff, and don't have a Slave 1 (not even the new one, although I plan on getting it one of these days... it only just came out, so I'm not particularly worried... waiting for a TRU BOGO 50% sale). Your colors are great, as are the details. I agree that some clear pieces for the stand would be nice.

I studied stereoscopic 3D in college around 16 or 17 years ago, and have always loved it. I actually work in a television production studio, and some of the scripts I write for the animators here are to make stereoscopic images.

Maybe I'm just getting old, but I had to edit your image to move the ships closer together so I didn't have to wall-eye so much, but I finally got it to work, it's always cool to see things like that in 3D.

Great looking Midi-Slave I. Very cool ship design. Love to build this and I just read you might post up an LDD file? That's great and thanks so much for doing that. :thumbup:

Dang it! Can't get my eyes to make it look 3D... :wacko: I'll try again later...

Lovely job, I really like the design. You got the colours just right and the SNOT technique really adds to the texture.

The stand is also very well built :thumbup:

Very nice Eichhorn, you've captured the slave 1 well in midi scale. The colours are very accurate to the official model and the tail gun section is cleverly built.

Well Done! :thumbup:

Hello there!

This version looks pretty good. The stud inversion using the 3x3 plate with hole works out nicely here, and the cannons are placed well. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

wow! this is the best mini/midi scale slave 1 I've seen. You really captured the contours and shape very well. Love this.

Eichhorn, I'm a little late with jumping on the praise wagon but best late than never! Others have said it before me regarding colour choice and clever build options which leaves me only to say how fantastically you manage to capture so much detail and accuracy in so small a model. It really is quite delectable! If it came out with a plate of hor d'oeuvres I'd be tempted to eat it first! :thumbup:

Updated First Post with the LDDfile. Hosted it on FileFactory if anyone has problems with the download just tell me. I#ll host it somewhere else then.

@Aeroeza: Wow that´s quite a compliment. Thanks :)

Did anyone else have problems viewing the file in Lego Digital Designer? It wouldn't load for me.

Do you have Universe Mode enabled? If not this might be the cause for your problems.

Do you have Universe Mode enabled? If not this might be the cause for your problems.

I didn't but then I went ahead and enabled it, and still I can't get it to load. It'll make the sound like it's loading, but nothing appears.