Zerobricks

[KEY TOPIC] LDD 3 bugs and brick errors

Yepp, that one has been noted earlier. It's needed also to complete the SW Darth VAder Tie Fighter. But interesting to know it's also used in Exoforce sets. Which one, BTW?

It's used in 8114 Chameleon Hunter, but he did say he was going to use it in an MOC. :classic:

Edited by prateek

i can seem to find any piece to connect this to

Hi

First, to reduce bloating the forum, please reduce the size of screenshots before uploading them.

About your question, no there is no piece in LDD that will connect to it. Normally it would be wheel 32007, but there is no connectivyt defined in LDD (yet). May be fixed in future versions though.

Hi all. I just noticed some weird connection between hinge plates. Don't know if there's just a rendering problem. Has someone else ever noticed that?

lddscreenshot5.png

Hi all. I just noticed some weird connection between hinge plates. Don't know if there's just a rendering problem. Has someone else ever noticed that?

What where the steps you took to come to this situation? Did you just place them like that, or where they part of a bigger construction and you deleted the bricks around?

As I mentioned here, I've found another error with part 32209. It cannot fit snugly into part 6538c. Here's a comparison between it and other axles:

axle_error.png

As you can see, the 5.5-length axles cannot be placed into the connector without leaving a gap in the middle. This is in addition to the known problems with the stop ring and smooth cylindrical area, which do not fit into Technic pinholes. The problem is not present with part 6538a.

Edited by Aanchir

What where the steps you took to come to this situation? Did you just place them like that, or where they part of a bigger construction and you deleted the bricks around?

I moved/deleted bricks around. I started at each end and joined where the weird connection happened.

Here's the whole building (pieces with strange connection are the blue and the red one). I managed to have them switch properly but then the "width" of my window ins't exactly 7 studs anymore.

lddscreenshot6.png

Edited by tiammath

this needs fixing:

4933697054_d9ef4c78d2_m.jpg

Yes. So does the garbage can and the 2x2 radar dish piece. :sadnew:

Might have been mentioned before. In Buzz Lightship there is a 1x2 plate with modified clip which does not exist (or I could not find under plate, modified).

Yes, it is a known lack!

We simply used 1x1 plate and 1x1 plate with clip (of the same type) to replace it!

I have 1 extremely aggravating Bug. Whenever I open LDD and try to click something or click something,the screen goes black 3 times, the graphics mess up, and then it finally registers what I pushed. I have Windows Vista also. I was able to use LDD 2.0 eaisly, but this one doesnt work at all. Any help would be appreciated.

I have 1 extremely aggravating Bug. Whenever I open LDD and try to click something or click something,the screen goes black 3 times, the graphics mess up, and then it finally registers what I pushed. I have Windows Vista also. I was able to use LDD 2.0 eaisly, but this one doesnt work at all. Any help would be appreciated.

Your computer specs? Are your drivers up to date?

Hi,

try disabling some graphics features of Vista like the desktop composition in PerformanceOptions.VisualEffects from Control Panel.

This might solve the problem and anyway give you a performance boost from 10% to 30% to any graphic intensive applications.

byes

Sergio

Well, I've sort of found a bug. LDD and my large model worked together to fry my graphics card and I had to get it replaced. That was fun. I've worked my computer to death but apparently LDD is worse than anything else and is the spear that stabbed my card, lol.

Please please optimize the next LDD so it uses multi-core processors and doesn't hog memory. I have LDD open right now and its using 1,170,000k of memory. It's painful

Well, I've sort of found a bug. LDD and my large model worked together to fry my graphics card and I had to get it replaced. That was fun. I've worked my computer to death but apparently LDD is worse than anything else and is the spear that stabbed my card, lol.

Please please optimize the next LDD so it uses multi-core processors and doesn't hog memory. I have LDD open right now and its using 1,170,000k of memory. It's painful

I'm not sure I understand how LDD can fry a graphics card, even if it's a huge model. Was the GPU cooling adequate?

But I agree LDD is not great on huge models. There are just to many polygons that need to be rotated and re-drawn, and I guess it's a matter of optimizing those, while still having a full editable model. I know that LDD does have some optimization. For example, surfaces that are not seen are removed (for example when putting two bricks together the inside parts that are not visible anymore are not drawn). But I'm no expert in this field, so maybe someone else has better insights.

Also, it'd be kind of interersting if LDD would be much faster with a professional graphics card that has hardware OpenGL support.

On the 851 Technic tractor, 1x2 bricks are connected to the large gear wheel with their studs pressed into the various holes (step 7), however in LDD this will not work. Sample image here

For the model I have used technic studs, connected the bricks upside down and used 2x2 tile plates instead.

Getting the gears to mesh in LDD was a pain - but worked eventually.

I was asked to post this bug here. It may have been posted before, but I'd rather not dig through 14 pages. :grin:

ugly1.png

The blue technic pins will not fully go into the clicky hinges (gray part of the wings) as you can see.

I was asked to post this bug here. It may have been posted before, but I'd rather not dig through 14 pages. :grin:

The blue technic pins will not fully go into the clicky hinges (gray part of the wings) as you can see.

Well spotted. Once of the worst bugs in a long time. I even had to bring out the some real parts to try it out.

Concider it reported to TGL!

Well spotted. Once of the worst bugs in a long time. I even had to bring out the some real parts to try it out.

Concider it reported to TGL!

Hmm... I found this out a long time ago. I thought it was already posted, so I didn't bother. :wacko:

BTW, I found some more errors:

No pieces can fit on this piece in a certain location (don't know how to describe it)

Bricks can't fit in on the last stud of the outer rows inside the wall of this piece.

I was trying to build 3222 and I couldn't because of these problems.

Edited by prateek