Sign in to follow this  
-R8-

MOC: Sadness

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

The eye is very expressive in and of itself.

5843453182_e9c7ba316d_z.jpg

5843451954_93c44ae99d_z.jpg5843452758_fab0e15f6b_z.jpg

5843453774_43e12f3036_z.jpg5843454184_4da359479e_z.jpg

I do not know who the eye belongs to, or why it is crying, for all I see is sadness.

MOCPages

flickr

Well this is... Depressing. Yet, completely original. I suppose I like it, it's just so... eclectic, I suppose is the right word.

What made you choose brown as the eye color?

Wow, -R8-... not what I expected, but well done. Particularly nice job with the shape: you didn't just take the easy route and make the left side a mirror image of the right. What inspired this creation?

And I'm curious too, did you try using a tan or something closer to a flesh tone where you ended up using yellow?

Thanks for the comments :sweet:

Well this is... Depressing. Yet, completely original. I suppose I like it, it's just so... eclectic, I suppose is the right word.

What made you choose brown as the eye color?

It was a subconscious decision, basically. Maybe it's because my own eyes are brown, but I just so happened to reach for the brown bricks when I began working on the pupil.

Wow, -R8-... not what I expected, but well done. Particularly nice job with the shape: you didn't just take the easy route and make the left side a mirror image of the right. What inspired this creation?

And I'm curious too, did you try using a tan or something closer to a flesh tone where you ended up using yellow?

I wanted to try and make something organic out of geometric bricks, restricting myself to plates and bricks only (although a transparent cheese slope is the sole exception to that restriction). I thought an eye would be a good subject since it's something that can symbolize many human emotions. I decided to use sadness as the emotion the eye would depict, since I'd be able to integrate things like the tear flow and the shape of the eyelids.

Yellow was my color of choice from the start, since most minifigs are yellow I decided that this would be yellow too.

The shaping of the eyelid is my favorite part. Sure, the eyes is fairly nice, but you really nailed the shape of an eye, and then even went the extra mile and nailed the shape of a SAD eye. Very cool.

Very unique creation -R8-, though a sad one. I agree the overall shape of the eye/eyelid is pretty accurate, and I love how you stuck with geometric plates and bricks - giving it the basic lego look. And it really depicts the emotion of sadness with the flowing tears. Nice job! default_thumbup.gif