KimT

Watto's Junkyard Discussion

Hehe, yeah, we could choose a strange starwarsy part that is somewhat common, like an SBD body or a TIE canopy.

Also a funny idea: A "What Not To Do With a Lightsaber" vignette contest. :laugh:

I like that idea but the thought that came to my mind when I read that. :tongue:

Edited by Eskallon

Hehe, yeah, we could choose a strange starwarsy part that is somewhat common, like an SBD body or a TIE canopy.

Also a funny idea: A "What Not To Do With a Lightsaber" vignette contest. default_laugh_new.gif

That reminds me of FBTBs 'Why LULs are bad' comics...

You mean these?

swlego46.gifswlego49.gif

They're not really what I had in mind though. I was thinking more of something like this:

swlego26.gif

Another idea I had was a Fusion Contest. Fuse two different SW vehicles into one. Kinda like the MOC below seems to be a combination of an X-Wing and a TIE Interceptor:

4773977028_33814a7a14.jpg

Or we could have an Ugly contest. It has been done before, but not on EB, I think.

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Another idea I had was a Fusion Contest. Fuse two different SW vehicles into one. Kinda like the MOC below seems to be a combination of an X-Wing and a TIE Interceptor:

*snip*

Or we could have an Ugly contest. It has been done before, but not on EB, I think.

Aren't those basically the same thing? Either way I like it- for somereason i've always loved Uglies.

Aren't those basically the same thing? Either way I like it- for somereason i've always loved Uglies.

Yeah, although uglies are a bit more "grunge-y," but I think that it's a little too unoriginal IMO.

How about a future tech contest?

As an Arc Fighter is to an X-Wing, an X-wing is to ...?

As a Venator is to a Star Destroyer, a Star Destroyer is to ...?

All entries would have to take place 30 years after Return of the Jedi, and couldn't be based on Extended Universe stuff.

What about an "Everday Star Wars inventions contest" where the goal is to make something from the Star Wars universe that is used everyday but it can't have it's main purpose be for violence. Be that a speeder, futuristic vaccum cleaner, droid model, moisture evaporator, etc... You would make something up that you would expect to see people in Star Wars use. To keep it interesting you would have to create a viggnette to go with it and a backstory.

Not really. The Fusion vehicles would be taking the best aspects of two (and only two) vessels to make a new awesome ship, whereas Uglies are just random parts of various ship thrown together, hence their name. :wink:

How about a future tech contest?

Hm, that's an interesting idea. I think you're on to something.

What about an "Everday Star Wars inventions contest" where the goal is to make something from the Star Wars universe that is used everyday but it can't have it's main purpose be for violence. Be that a speeder, futuristic vaccum cleaner, droid model, moisture evaporator, etc... You would make something up that you would expect to see people in Star Wars use. To keep it interesting you would have to create a viggnette to go with it and a backstory.

That sounds a bit strange. If you're the one making it up, how does it still relate to SW? Sounds more like something for the Sci-Fi forum if you ask me. But yeah, I too have been suggesting a non-violence contest. The sheer irony of a non-violent Star Wars contest is great! :laugh:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

I'm not sure if this has beeen done in the SW forum or not, but I was think either a SW to City contest, or maybe vice-versa. For example, one might turn an AAT into a firetruck, or in vice-versa, a polic car into an ARC.

I'm not sure if this has beeen done in the SW forum or not, but I was think either a SW to City contest, or maybe vice-versa. For example, one might turn an AAT into a firetruck, or in vice-versa, a polic car into an ARC.

Sounds cool. A battle vehicle re-quipped into a city service.

Well, we did have the Invasion contest where you could build a City version of a SW vehicle already.

Well, we did have the Invasion contest where you could build a City version of a SW vehicle already.

We could still do vice-versa.

You mean have SW invade the other themes by making their vehicles look like ones in the other theme? Interesting thought, but then again, what's really the difference between an AAT that looks like a firetruck and a firetruck that looks like an AAT? I think that would end up in very similar entries.

You mean have SW invade the other themes by making their vehicles look like ones in the other theme? Interesting thought, but then again, what's really the difference between an AAT that looks like a firetruck and a firetruck that looks like an AAT? I think that would end up in very similar entries.

I was thinking more of, say, usuing them for everyday city uses. Although I haven't seen the Invasion entries, I'm guessing they were more of turning them into battle-ready vehicles. This would be doing the exsact oposite.

I was thinking more of, say, usuing them for everyday city uses. Although I haven't seen the Invasion entries, I'm guessing they were more of turning them into battle-ready vehicles. This would be doing the exsact oposite.

Why not check the Watto's Junkyard Index then?

Or go here.

:hmpf:

I have the urge to ask about the Epics Scenes results, but I won't.

It'll be up in a matter of days.

Looking at the SDCC exclusives, I had an idea: A Star Wars Cube Dudes contest! :laugh: Would probably be hard to judge though. I mean, what makes a good Cube Dude?

Also, similar things have been done on other sites, but a "What If" contest would fun. The idea is to make a scene that shows what would have happened if one of the key events in the SW storyline would have gone differently. You could either show the alternate scene or its outcome. What if Anakin wouldn't have turned to the Dark Side? What if the Sandtroopers found the droids they were looking for? What if Qui Gon wouldn't have saved Jar Jar from getting run over by an MTT?

This would also allow people to make Fate of Ahsoka entry. Maybe this could even be a separate category.

I like the idea of a sig-fig themed podracer contest, but no ideas really come to mind. It may be easier for someone with a sig-fig like yours, Oky Wan, because you have a theme and a color scheme. But many people don't have that in theirs, so maybe the participation would be a little low...

Sorry to come back to this, but I was just thinking that we could make them based on SW characters rather than sigfigs, kinda like Ar Sparfel made character-themed Go Karts.

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Looking at the SDCC exclusives, I had an idea: A Star Wars Cube Dudes contest! default_laugh_new.gif Would probably be hard to judge though. I mean, what makes a good Cube Dude?

This is a nice idea, though the participants would have to learn quickly in the cube dude building techniques. The main criteria would be recognizability.

Also, similar things have been done on other sites, but a "What If" contest would fun. The idea is to make a scene that shows what would have happened if one of the key events in the SW storyline would have gone differently. You could either show the alternate scene or its outcome. What if Anakin wouldn't have turned to the Dark Side? What if the Sandtroopers found the droids they were looking for? What if Qui Gon wouldn't have saved Jar Jar from getting run over by an MTT?

This would also allow people to make Fate of Ahsoka entry. Maybe this could even be a separate category.

Another great concept. A lot of good entries for sure, and I think mostly will be on the funny side.

I like the CubeDude contest idea. I've always wanted to make one, and I think that having a contest for them would be great. default_thumbup.gif So many SWU characters, so many unique options and ways to make them.

Indeed. But surely there are some specifications a cube dude has to meet? Does anybody know?

Anyway, I was thinking that we could have a similar contest to last year's Xmas contest in fall; a Halloween contest where you can

1. Build a haunted/halloweenified version of an existing Star Wars set
  2. Build a Halloween Landspeeder/Starfighter
  3. Build a vig showing SW characters celebrating this spooky holiday

I love it. I see so many opurtinity for this...

I did some searching on CubeDudes, and I found this statement from creator MacLane:

The only potentially confusing thing is the use of 2 jumper plates in the neck stacked in perpendicular orientation. The shoulders are the 1x1 modified bricks with headlight. The head should be 3x3 wide and thick and as tall as you need. The legs should extend 4 plates from the croch. The torso should be roughly the same length as shown.

I guess that along with all the examples out there should be enough of a template for a contest. :classic:

Indeed. But surely there are some specifications a cube dude has to meet? Does anybody know?

Anyway, I was thinking that we could have a similar contest to last year's Xmas contest in fall; a Halloween contest where you can

1. Build a haunted/halloweenified version of an existing Star Wars set
  2. Build a Halloween Landspeeder/Starfighter
  3. Build a vig showing SW characters celebrating this spooky holiday

They've done that on a site called Reasonably Clever. I saw a few pumpkin TIE Fighters. :tongue:

Perhaps, but with the number and the skill of members here on EB, we'd take it to whole new level! :wink:

I wonder what Kim & Stash have in store for us next month...