Sign in to follow this  
Oky

Little Deaths: EB server issues

Is it just me, or is anyone else having trouble with the frontpage? :look: Some of the older posts there tend to stay at the top while newer posts get posted below them. First, it was the one about the Space Shuttle, and now it's the one about PoP month. Refreshing the page doesn't help. Can anyone explain this phenomenon?

Is it just me, or is anyone else having trouble with the frontpage? :look: Some of the older posts there tend to stay at the top while newer posts get posted below them. First, it was the one about the Space Shuttle, and now it's the one about PoP month. Refreshing the page doesn't help. Can anyone explain this phenomenon?

Ive seen it too - and wonder if it is related to who has posted to the front page? I.e. some peoples posts have higher priority?

Shadows just likes to be on top. :tongue: If you check here, you see the topic is pinned.

Besides, your 'problem' isn't really related to the technical problem that this thread was about. :sceptic:

Sometimes the staff decide that some news needs to get maximum frontpage publicity for a certain period of time, even when new news has arrived. That's the reason why we sometimes "pin" a news item for 24 hours on the frontpage so it stays on top.

Sometimes the staff decide that some news needs to get maximum frontpage publicity for a certain period of time, even when new news has arrived. That's the reason why we sometimes "pin" a news item for 24 hours on the frontpage so it stays on top.

I see. Thanks. :blush:

Besides, your 'problem' isn't really related to the technical problem that this thread was about. :sceptic:

Well, I didn't think that it really deserved its own thread and thought it could be related to the recent server issues, and I didn't know where else to post it. And what do you know; the question was answered after one or two replies, so I was right (about the "own thread" part).

Iv'e noticed that most of the posts have been moved to files, and when you click on them it brings the post up on the topic, and ideas? :wacko:

Just wondering, did the site go down for a while today from about 0300 to 0600 GMT (rough approximation)? Cause I was trying to load EB a lot during that time and it just kept on coming up with a message.

I did send Bonaparte an email after awhile. Glad to see it's back up. I was suffering from EB withdraw. :tongue:

Best regards,

JCC

Yes, I was without EB all day today ! :cry_sad:

About 7.30-7.45am Adelaide time (that's 9.5 hours in front of G.M.T.) - something to do with www.eurobrick.com. driver error.

I'm just glad it's back to normal again.

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

Seeing as it may be of help trying to figure out where the error came from here's a screenshot of the error page.

4811304067_da446bdc41_b.jpg

Best regards,

JCC

Seeing as it may be of help trying to figure out where the error came from here's a screenshot of the error page.

4811304067_da446bdc41_b.jpg

Best regards,

JCC

:laugh: Thanks, but no; it doesn't help. For what it's worth, we think the search overloaded.

Classic-Space.com is down right now, and there's a message saying it was hacked. Could EuroBricks also have been hacked by someone targeting LEGO sites?

If the problem was with the search engine, it could have been a bot. It happened over at the K.A.M. Forums once where a new web search engine attempted to archive every page in the forum at one time, and the servers overloaded.

Classic-Space.com is down right now, and there's a message saying it was hacked. Could EuroBricks also have been hacked by someone targeting LEGO sites?

If the problem was with the search engine, it could have been a bot. It happened over at the K.A.M. Forums once where a new web search engine attempted to archive every page in the forum at one time, and the servers overloaded.

It was no hacker nor was it a bot.

In order to do an optimization we had altered a setting in our MySQL server a few hours before which triggered a chain of events taking the board down. Sorry it's not a more existing story :tongue:

Sorry it's not a more existing story :tongue:

Yeah, it's probably best not to tell them what really happened.

GHOSTS!

:oh3::oh:*oh2**huh*

Mine's been out for over 5 hours. I remember the same thing happened last year, so I'd guess it happens once a year.