Sign in to follow this  
XimenaPaulina

BARC-X Speeder Bike

gallery_101_23_281.gif

I just want to share with you guys my latest MOC, which is probably the simplest of all my MOCs but is pretty special to me. This one started on one of those lazy days, I’ve got nothing to do, and out of nowhere I had an idea to create a speeder bike for my clone army. So I went through my excess parts bin and started randomly building, and after about 15 minutes Voila!... I now have my own custom speeder bike. The design is loosely based on the shape of the BARC speeder, so I just named it as the BARC-X Speeder Bike (how creative default_hmpf.gif)

4803812712_87bda844fc_z.jpg

4803182029_d2875b50f5_z.jpg

Other Views:

4803181763_721a75fbe4_z.jpg

4803181633_47bc5cc831_z.jpg

That's it, I hope you like my version of the speeder bike. C&Cs are welcome!

Edited by KimT

I like your version much better. It has a better feel to it. I have never liked the "out of the box" speeder much.

Well done. :classic:

Edited by Daniel's Dad

Good one 'KielDaMan' an excellent speeder bike - Captain Rex would be very happy to ride this one !

Nice design job there and I'm a conformist! 'KielDaMan' I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

I really like the basic design :thumbup: , but the color scheme kind of ruins it for me. If the blue was red, it would go a long ways towards a better model.

I love it, it almost looks like a cold temperature bike. But yeah, it yould look more republicy if the Blue were dark red.

Although it looks awfully similar to existing speeder designs, I like the white and blue color scheme.

The back end of it looks nice. The blue goes well with the white in my opinion, but I think it would be cool to see this in different color schemes too.

@ Daniel's Dad, lightningtiger, brickfoot:

Thanks for the comments.

@ lightningtiger: I would have wanted Rex to ride this one, it matches his colors very well, Unfortunately, I don't have the Rex fig (yet).

@ brickdoctor, -R8-: I preferred to do the blue trims on white since it looks a lot 'cooler' IMO, though you're right that it's not consistent with the Republic's dark red color.

@ The Legonater: Yeah, it does look like it's a cold-temp bike, I made this with the 'Trespass' episode-speeder bikes in mind.

Although it looks awfully similar to existing speeder designs, I like the white and blue color scheme.

Like what existing speeder designs? From what I know the design is totally different from the official speeder bikes. As far as speeder bike MOCs are concerned, I'm not really familiar with any because, like what I said above, I just randomly built this speeder bike from scratch without any reference pic/MOC whatsoever.

Edited by KielDaMan

Very nice Speeder Bike. This can easily fit into any Clone Wars LEGO set out there. The white and blue matches perfectly for Rex. Love the camera shots too...the back end looks excellent! :thumbup:

Very nice Speeder Bike. This can easily fit into any Clone Wars LEGO set out there. The white and blue matches perfectly for Rex. Love the camera shots too...the back end looks excellent! pirate_thumbup.gif

Thanks LegoDad42. The white-blue color scheme does seem fit well with Rex's color. I think I'll just make this speeder bike specifically designated to Rex's Torrent Company, to separate from the official Republic's dark red color.

This is a great little build KielDaMan! & I think the color scheme works really well for either cold weather or just for Rex (or the 501st even). Fifteen minute build turns into hours of swooshing fun! :wink:

This is a great little build KielDaMan! & I think the color scheme works really well for either cold weather or just for Rex (or the 501st even).

Thanks Smack! I think the blue color does work pretty well for Rex's Torrent Company since they have blue markings.

Fifteen minute build turns into hours of swooshing fun! default_blink.gif

That's why I'm quite proud of this one, because unlike most of my MOCs which I plan very systematically, this was was just a random build which turned out pretty well.

@ brickdoctor, -R8-: I preferred to do the blue trims on white since it looks a lot 'cooler' IMO, though you're right that it's not consistent with the Republic's dark red color.

Okay.

-R8-: ? :sceptic:

I think both you and -R8- had the same comments so my answer is addressed to both of you.

Oh, I see it now. The connection didn't click immediately. I thought it was another one of those weird text-emoticons.