Sign in to follow this  
Henchmen4Hire

The Punisher's Battle Van

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

[Note: This is like 95% complete, all I need now is a windscreen and some tiles for headlights/mirrors and finishing touches... also, I need to wash this thing, it's filthy xD]

More pics on flickr if you wanna scribble notes all over it and see more features. Also on MOCpages and Brickshelf. http://www.flickr.com/photos/drnightmare/

bvbanner.jpg

th_bv2.jpg th_bv9.jpg th_bv4.jpg

bv1.jpg

There were two important goals in mind while designing this van, the more important one was that it had to be tough! That meant it had to be big and look tough, as well as be able to smash through brick walls without flinching. So instead of using little bits to add lots of details (which would just fly off the second it crashed into something), I focused on using standard bricks, to not only make it look a little more blocky and old-school, but also to make sure it wouldn't cost too much by needing to buy a bunch of special bricks. Also, I like sharp angles on my vehicles. :)

The wheels are attached very simply, with long technic bars on each side. Ideally I'd use only one LONG technic brick for more sturdiness, but you work with what you got! This also leaves a large space under the van to add surprises...

I fell in love with the bricks with studs on the sides, they're perfect for the second goal; to make the van as customizable as possible, inside and out. I used a lot of 1x4's to riddle the inside-walls with studs, so I can place clips and hang gear from wherever I want! I can even slip tools directly into the bricks to save a lot of space, it's very roomy in there.

By flipping those 1x4's around, I can place the studs on the outside of the van, to attach missiles, lasers, or whatever ridiculous weapon I can invent. Basically, The Punisher can modify his van to handle any mission. Notice the roof is all studded, anything can be attached up there.

Granted, I don't have that much gear equipped on it, that's only because I don't have any gear to put on there! I have to hit Bricklink again.

The front bumper is also fully customizable! (and yeah, I know, ALL LEGOs are like that, haha). Those black tiles come off to reveal a 6x2 studded area where anything from a winch to a battering-ram, to a bunch of flamethrowers can be added by SNOT. And yeah, the brackets are MB 2x2 plates connected at a right angle, LEGO doesn't have a counterpart (they have 2x2 connected to a 1x2), the MB is sturdier in this case.

Yeah, I've thought of a lot of improvements now that I have the van built instead of just as a picture in LDD, and I welcome any more suggestions! I haven't built anything for years, so I'm not completely up to date on new elements.

Man that was a lot of typing, har har. And yeah, I still need to buy the hairpiece for my Punisher fig x_X Also 2 more heads, so I can have a young, middle-aged, and old version of Frank.

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

A very nice a nd Bulky MOC!

I love all of the details that have been packed into it.

You know, make that with a blue and gray colorscheme and it would be a perfect compliment to the Agents Mobile COmmand Centre.

That is a killer!

Blocky in a good way, full of customizable areas, tough, what's not to love.

Clean it and fit it with the missing windsceen and A+ is for you.

Nice I like the blockiness of the thing :thumbup:

Good job!

Once you go block, you never go back!

Great work 'DrNightmare' - nice and evil looking ! :devil:

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Yarrr! Hopefully I can find plans for Batman's Tumbler, making my own designs is exhausting, ha.

A very nice and Bulky MOC!

I love all of the details that have been packed into it.

You know, make that with a blue and gray colorscheme and it would be a perfect compliment to the Agents Mobile COmmand Centre.

Totally! I liked the Agents sets, they seemed to be LEGO's SHIELD-type of characters. I think I'll try to make a Nick Fury minifig so he can bicker with Frank like grumpy old men. :D

That is a killer!

Blocky in a good way, full of customizable areas, tough, what's not to love.

Clean it and fit it with the missing windsceen and A+ is for you.

I'll post more (and cleaner!) pics when I get Punisher's toupee, haha.

That's one mean-looking truck I must say, great job on this DrNightmare! pirate_thumbup.gif The bulkiness of it really gives it the muscular look fit for a Battle Van. And nice opening photo too.

That's one mean-looking truck I must say, great job on this DrNightmare! pirate_thumbup.gif The bulkiness of it really gives it the muscular look fit for a Battle Van. And nice opening photo too.

I was going to make all the photos have backdrops like the first image, but... I got lazy, harrr! Thanks!

May I ask who 'The Punisher' is?

*disbelief*

YOU DON'T KNOW WHO THE PUNI-?!

Har har... The Punisher is a an anti-hero vigilante comic-book character by Marvel Comics. :)

*disbelief*

YOU DON'T KNOW WHO THE PUNI-?!

Har har... The Punisher is a an anti-hero vigilante comic-book character by Marvel Comics. :)

Sorry, for some reason I was thinking of the Double Dragon movie....

Haven't read Punisher in years...but seeing this big, mean and beefy Battle Van wants me to catch up with Frank Castle's adventure's. Do you have a Micro mini-fig?

Because this isn't based on an official Licensed LEGO theme, I'll move it to the Other Themes forum. :classic:

thats one mean lookin killer :devil: truck man keep up that good work :thumbup:

*highfive* :D

Haven't read Punisher in years...but seeing this big, mean and beefy Battle Van wants me to catch up with Frank Castle's adventure's. Do you have a Micro mini-fig?

Yarrr! Unfortunately, Frank hasn't had a van since the '90s, but he does use vehicles from time to time, he just doesn't have a steady one (I guess because Marvel realized it was silly that villains didn't recognize his big black van when he parked it in front of their houses!). At the moment, Frank is having supernatural adventures as a Frankenstein monster (dubbed "Franken-Castle"), I don't want to spoil it for you though... you can catch-up with the recent Punisher series by Rick Remender and the "Dark Reign" One-Shot featuring Frank and Dark Wolverine... I loved his work on Fear Agent and Last Days of American Crime, but I'm just not into this new direction he took with Punisher, oh well.

At least Punisher MAX is still around!

I bought the head for Micro, but now that I look at it more, it looks more like the head of John Watson from Sherlock Holmes, haha. I'll buy the pieces for him (and the hair-piece for Frank) whenever I get some money to spend...