Sign in to follow this  
Brickdoctor

[MOCs] Mini Grand Army of the Republic

gallery_101_23_281.gif

You've seen the Nu-class Assault Shuttle and the Venator-class Star Destroyer, what about the rest of the miniature army? I've decided to post it all here, Legostein-style. These are all older MOCs, so expect bad images. :sad:

First off, the beloved LAAT/i or Republic Gunship was my starting point:

1247773497m_DISPLAY.jpg

This has a version 2 coming, but while waiting, see more on MOCpages.

Having done that, I built the LAAT/c, or Republic Dropship:

1247794949m_DISPLAY.jpg

My personal favorite, you can see more, including action shots, on MOCpages.

Of course, what's a dropship with nothing to drop? The AT-TE is an extremely old MOC that I haven't gotten around to redoing yet:

12328307113_DISPLAY.jpg

See more on MOCpages.

I did build a bunch of other mini walkers, which you can see here, but I don't consider them good enough to post here. :blush:

Next up, the TX-130 Saber-class Tank, or Republic Fighter Tank:

1247871322m_DISPLAY.jpg

See more on MOCpages.

Last but certainly not least, the AT-OT completes the 'army':

1247798234m_DISPLAY.jpg

See more on MOCpages.

BONUS!

All the ground vehicles can be carried into battle by the LAAT/c:

12477982352_DISPLAY.jpg

12477949525_DISPLAY.jpg

12478715051_DISPLAY.jpg

When I get the time, I've got three mini vehicles from the CIS that will be posted next.

Thanks for patiently reading that whole post, C&C welcome!

Great MOCs! I love that all the ground vehicles fit in the LAAT :thumbup:

I love that all the ground vehicles fit in the LAAT :thumbup:

Thanks. It was my main focus; instead of trying to make everything as small as possible, I like to do everything at the 1:200 scale to make them compatible. (other than capital ships, of course)

Awesome minis. But you really need to redo your AT-TE.

Edited by brickfoot

Awesome minis. But you really need to redo your AT-AT.

What AT-AT? :wacko:

Great job on these BrickDoctor! They all look very nice. I do think the TX-130 could use a bit work. It's just personally it doesn't scream that vehicle to me. I had to look at the name first. The cockpit area is the main flaw. The rest seem very detailed and correct. Instantly recognizable. Great job. :sweet:

Best regards,

JCC

What AT-AT? :wacko:

Ah sorry AT-TE. I was building an AT-AT at the time I posted so must have accidentally typed that.

Very nice job!

These are some of the best minis I've seen!

My favorite would have to be the LAAT!

Awesome minis. But you really need to redo your AT-TE.

Yeah, unfortunately, I used up most of the required bricks to begin on my other creations, but I hope to restock in light bley soon.

I do think the TX-130 could use a bit work. It's just personally it doesn't scream that vehicle to me. I had to look at the name first. The cockpit area is the main flaw.

Agreed. Scale got in the way here.

Nice minis Doc! Yours are different but still as impressive as Legostein's. I see a lot of your so-called 'illegal' connections but they still make the overall design effective. Great job! pirate_thumbup.gif Do you have an army of these?

Do you have an army of these?

Sadly, no. I used the 'Scrap and Rebuild' method for all but my very best models. Right now, only the Venator, UCS V-Wing, UCS STAP, and the latest AT-RT are still intact. :cry_sad: My parts collection doesn't permit much more.

when you go the AT-AT and AT-ST? :tongue:

I did the AT-AT on my Endor diorama, but since it was a near-exact copy of Roguebanta's, I didn't post it. The AT-ST was done a loooooooong time ago, and it looked horrible, but I haven't redone it yet.

I do think the TX-130 could use a bit work. It's just personally it doesn't scream that vehicle to me. I had to look at the name first. The cockpit area is the main flaw.

Looking back, is it because I omitted the turret? I used the original design without the turret because it got in the way of the LAAT/c's pickup mechanism.

Sadly, no. I used the 'Scrap and Rebuild' method for all but my very best models. Right now, only the Venator, UCS V-Wing, UCS STAP, and the latest AT-RT are still intact. :cry_sad: My parts collection doesn't permit much more.

Oh that's too bad. I hate to see impressive MOCs discarded and only to be remembered in photos. The good thing is you could always build them all over again if you have the necessary parts. My principle in MOCing has always been to keep each and everyone of my creations, so building other MOCs take considerable amount of time since I have to wait my parts from BL. Well, that's just me.

Edited by KielDaMan

Oh that's too bad. I hate to see impressive MOCs discarded and only to be remembered in photos. The good thing is you could always build them all over again if you have the necessary parts. My principle in MOCing has always been to keep each and everyone of my creations, so building other MOCs take considerable amount of time since I have to wait my parts from BL. Well, that's just me.

I like to keep the very best; everything else I take enough pictures to be able to build again.